The next 5 league games

Heisenberg

15 points from 17 games to be safe. So we don't even need particularly stellar form for the rest of the season to stay up. Enough winnable home (and away) games coming up.

Fantastic turnaround, well done Ralph and the team.

15 points from 17 games to be safe. So we don't even need particularly stellar form for the rest of the season to stay up. Enough winnable home (and away) games coming up.

When you consider it's the same players that looked absolutely horrible just a few weeks ago it's an incredible turnaround

I'm not convinced 40 points will assure safety this season. Apart from Norwich there don't appear to be any dogs, and even Norwich aren't that bad and have a very good striker. Villa looked awful against us, but are coming to life. And we all know about Watford's revival under nasty Nige and have Deeney now fit.

It would be highly amusing if the Hammers went down with 40+ points. I think they were the last team to do so.

I'm not convinced 40 points will assure safety this season. Apart from Norwich there don't appear to be any dogs, and even Norwich aren't that bad and have a very good striker. Villa looked awful against us, but are coming to life. And we all know about Watford's revival under nasty Nige and have Deeney now fit.

It would be highly amusing if the Hammers went down with 40+ points. I think they were the last team to do so.

Yes I know what you mean, it's tight and getting more and more compressed. But I would still be confident that from here that three teams will not get 40 points.

Watford have had a nice little run but it's got them to 19 points and they're still second bottom. Not sure they are going to keep it up for the rest of the season.

West Ham going down would be hilarious.

Watford's new manager bounce is likely to wear off soon, it does for most clubs, quite a few clubs in the bottom 3 have done this before, change manager, peak for a bit but still go down.

Newcastle have massive injuries, 10 first teamers out and their lack of goals is now starting to catch up on them, said it when they played us that their luck was likely to run out, you can't consistently rely on parking the bus and scoring from 1-2 chances you have.

Bournemouth also have injuries and pretty bad form.

Norwich are probably already down, Villa don't look great even if they have ground out a few, and Burnley seem to be going the wrong way as well now.

It will also be interesting to see if Moyes can turn West Ham around, there doesn't look much fight in that team or teamwork.

So I'd say all those clubs IMO are more likely to get relegated than us, of course we could get some terrible form but I don't see it, I think we can look more up then down now IMO.

We are also above Arsenal, at least for now.

Watford's new manager bounce is likely to wear off soon, it does for most clubs, quite a few clubs in the bottom 3 have done this before, change manager, peak for a bit but still go down.

Newcastle have massive injuries, 10 first teamers out and their lack of goals is now starting to catch up on them, said it when they played us that their luck was likely to run out, you can't consistently rely on parking the bus and scoring from 1-2 chances you have.

Bournemouth also have injuries and pretty bad form.

Norwich are probably already down, Villa don't look great even if they have ground out a few, and Burnley seem to be going the wrong way as well now.

It will also be interesting to see if Moyes can turn West Ham around, there doesn't look much fight in that team or teamwork.

So I'd say all those clubs IMO are more likely to get relegated than us, of course we could get some terrible form but I don't see it, I think we can look more up then down now IMO.

We are also above Arsenal, at least for now.

All of that said, if Ings gets an injury that keeps him out for any length of time, we are up shyte creek without a paddle. Time for others to start chipping in with the goals.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Probably need another 13 to be safe, ( 38 points has been OK far more often than not ), but I think we will get plenty more than that.

Normally yes, but this season doesn't look normal. Even the bottom club looks semi-decent. On top of that the top teams are dropping more points than usual. Leicester are doing really well of course, and Liverpool are unstoppable. But below those two the usual big 6 are hemorrhaging lots of points. Look at Arsenal's point tally for example, and our wins against Chelsea (and Spurs today). Even the mighty Man City aren't their usual selves, and with the title all but over I can see them taking their foot off the gas in the second half, coasting to a top 4 finish with minimal effort and focusing on the CL.

Either way, it looks like a real dogfight at the bottom. Hopefully we're not involved and can sit back and have a good laugh at the ones involved.

Crazy League - 12 points between 5th and 19th. So really we could go either way. Keep playing as we have been and we should pick up enough points for a top half finish. 7-10 would be a decent return from those 5 fixtures and as we now know, we already have 3 of those in the bank, so we are now looking at 4 to 7 for the next 4 fixtures. (If anything, 4 from the next 4 now seems a little tight!) Anything more than ten points is dreamland. With our new found confidence we should be looking to give the FA Cup a good go too.

Yes I know what you mean, it's tight and getting more and more compressed. But I would still be confident that from here that three teams will not get 40 points.

Watford have had a nice little run but it's got them to 19 points and they're still second bottom. Not sure they are going to keep it up for the rest of the season.

West Ham going down would be hilarious.

Has the chap who ‘ran the numbers’ been about to update on only 5 wins in total for survival. So we are well safe with 7.

:?

Spurs (H)

Leicester (A)

Wolves (H)

Palace (A)

LiVARpool (A)

How many points?

Will we be back in bottom 3 after this run?

if you had asked me before the Spurs game, i would have said i would be happy with 5 points from that lot; essentially keeping pace with a point per match.

So, if we can get another win or two draws in the next 4 that would be brilliant.

if you had asked me before the Spurs game, i would have said i would be happy with 5 points from that lot; essentially keeping pace with a point per match.

So, if we can get another win or two draws in the next 4 that would be brilliant.

I reckon we can beat Palace away, and Wolves didn't look great against Watford the other day. Leicester are good of course but you'd hope our players could put in a big performance there to try to somewhat make up for the 9-0, and who knows maybe we'll be the first to snatch something from Liverpool, they might have a Champions league game or be so far ahead they take their foot off the gas a little.

4 points, 7 from the 5 games and 29 points from 25 games would still be decent, we'd be looking for 11 from the last 13 probably to stay up with a lot of winnable games.

As I said elsewhere right now the league is like a Snakes and Ladders board the middle is so compact.

Championship was like this a few years ago as the games came down to single figures think there was a set of midweek games where a win would propel you into the Play offs to the “promised land” a loss would have you looking nervously over your shoulder.

who knows maybe we'll be the first to snatch something from Liverpool, they might have a Champions league game or be so far ahead they take their foot off the gas a little

We play Palace on Tues 21st, Liverpool play Wolves away on Thurs 23rd, then away again on Wed 29th (rearranged West Ham game) before we meet them on the 1st, so that'll certainly take a toll on them in some way, shape or form.

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like Wolves could be a bit of a banana skin for the chances of our brilliant run continuing.

4 points from the next three would be great, I reckon we might get 2 draws and a loss, but hoping for a win, draw and loss

If we can get 4 (or 6) from the next two then the Liverpool match would be the proverbial free hit.

Beat Palace, draw with Wolves and lose narrowly to pool, that would be amazing and would be 10 points from the 5 and we'd be on 32 points from 25 games, with then a run of Burnley, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle, and Norwich.

We could be above 40 points in March if they keep this up.

Beat Palace, draw with Wolves and lose narrowly to pool, that would be amazing and would be 10 points from the 5 and we'd be on 32 points from 25 games, with then a run of Burnley, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle, and Norwich.

We could be above 40 points in March if they keep this up.

Our first 6 second half matches (matches 20-25) have been/will be all Top 10 teams:

20. Chelsea (4) W

21. Tottenham (8) W

22. Leicester (3) W

23. Wolves (7) ?

24. Palace (9) ?

25. Liverpool (1) ?

...and have taken all 9 points from those matches so far.

Incredibly, we are in pretty good shape going forward. It was looking dire.

Crazy League - 12 points between 5th and 19th. So really we could go either way. Keep playing as we have been and we should pick up enough points for a top half finish. 7-10 would be a decent return from those 5 fixtures and as we now know, we already have 3 of those in the bank, so we are now looking at 4 to 7 for the next 4 fixtures. (If anything, 4 from the next 4 now seems a little tight!) Anything more than ten points is dreamland. With our new found confidence we should be looking to give the FA Cup a good go too.

Err.... OK so we are now looking at 1-4 points to make those fixtures a decent return! Winning the next two would give us a huge free hit against Liverpool - I still think 4 more points from the next 3 games is a good return.

Does anyone else feel it in their bones that we are going to give Liverpool a headache, whatever the scoreline?

• 2 weeks later...
:?

Spurs (H)

Leicester (A)

Wolves (H)

Palace (A)

LiVARpool (A)

How many points?

Will we be back in bottom 3 after this run?

Spurs - 3 points

Leicester - 3 points

Wolves (H) - 0 points

Palace (A) - 3 points

LiVARpool (A) -?

9 points! 9th place! Outstanding!

Err.... OK so we are now looking at 1-4 points to make those fixtures a decent return! Winning the next two would give us a huge free hit against Liverpool - I still think 4 more points from the next 3 games is a good return.

Does anyone else feel it in their bones that we are going to give Liverpool a headache, whatever the scoreline?

They have 4 games in 9 days so if we're lucky they'll play a rotated lineup. Could see lovren and lallana starting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spurs - 3 points

Leicester - 3 points

Wolves (H) - 0 points

Palace (A) - 3 points

LiVARpool (A) -?

9 points! 9th place! Outstanding!

It's been an incredible and unforeseen turnaround. Even the most happy clappy fans had turned on the players and a lot had turned on the manager, owners, coaching staff, tea lady.

Almost rightfully so too as we were beyond terrible.

To think it's the same players that lost 0-9 and booed off week after week.

Not sure we've seen a turnaround like this before tbh. Just hope it continues as this team looks reborn

Our next run of fixtures after Liverpool -

Burnley (H)

Villa (H)

West Ham (a)

Newcastle (h)

Norwich (a)

Arsenal (h)

A little bit tougher in April -

Watford (a)

Man City (h)

Everton (a)

Man Utd (a)

Then finish in May with -

Brighton (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Sheff Utd (h)

Only 3 games against the 'traditional' big six, one at home against the not so good Arsenal, who are poor away.

And only 3 games against team currently above us as well.

We are still crap at home, and there are games against teams there that we struggle to break down like Burnley or teams who are scrapping for relegation so it will be tougher than it is 'on paper' but I think I'd be disappointed if we didn't get 5 wins from that lot.

2 points a game from that lot is doable IMO if the players don't get to about 40 points and go on the beach, which could put us in contention for 6th/7th with around 56 points. Man Utd finished 6th last year with 66 points, but considering they are currently the 5th placed team and have 34 points, they would need to almost double their points tally in just 14 games to hit that and more than double the wins they have so far, which seems unlikely so the 5th/6th positions could easily be sub 60 points this year.

But I think the beach thing could be a big possibility, think we'll get to about 42 points and slack off.