FA Cup build up

benjii

So, it’s 3rd round time. Always a good weekend in the season.

I’m sure we will rest Ings, and it makes sense for Romeu to play this one but I hope we put out a strong team and win the tie. We don’t want to lose momentum and everyone loves a cup run. It’s a shame we don’t have any full back options though as it would also be good to give them a rest. What happened to Ramsey?

—————-———-Macca———————-

Cedric—-Stephens—-Yoshida—-—Vokins

Armstrong—Romeu—Hojbjerg—-Redmond

———————Adams——Obafemi———-

Gunn

Bertrand

Vestergaard

JWP

Djenepo

Long

Boufal / Slattery

I think he'll make wholesale changes and deffo McC, Bert, Bed, Arm, Red, Ing, JWP & Jenny will be rested !

I know it's risky but the above mentioned have worked their butts off and need a rest to push on for mid table security !

TBF, our reserves should be too much for a struggling Terriers side !

Huddersfield are now managed by the Cowley brothers who have a strong record in this competition taking underdogs on cup runs so if we're complacent could end up losing or even a replay. Let's get the job done and win first time.

Huddersfield have a small first team squad and a few injuries so hopefully after busy Christmas period they also play some youngsters.

Lots of kids going at £1 a ticket, don't want to put them off with a defeat.

I’d pretty much go with Dazza’s selection. Even our second choice XI should have enough to get past Udders. There’s a good mix of fringe players and promising youth in that line up.

Adams to get off the mark, follow it up with consecutive hat tricks against Leicester and Liverpool, then be sold to the latter for £50m. All in the next three weeks.

I’d pretty much go with Dazza’s selection. Even our second choice XI should have enough to get past Udders. There’s a good mix of fringe players and promising youth in that line up.

Adams to get off the mark, follow it up with consecutive hat tricks against Leicester and Liverpool, then be sold to the latter for £50m. All in the next three weeks.

Think you're right (ok that last bit is fanciful) the only question mark is Valery - I get the impression that his virus is one of those horrible ones kids of his age get out of nowhere and despite their best efforts just knocks them on their backsides and keeps them there. Sports people at a professional level with these kind of things are, thankfully, pretty well protected as unlike the rest of us with say an ordinary cold can take a lemsip or night nurse and plough on with everyday life, because of the intensity of effort needed to perform apparently the effects of even a cold can become a pretty serious health matter.

So Danso might go right back and Vestergaard gets a spin out next to Yoshi

Will be rotation, but I don’t think we will see any new academy faces, apart from maybe on the bench:

—————-——Gunn———————-

-Valery-Vestergaard-Yoshi-Bertrand-

-Boufal-Højbjerg-Romeu-Djenepo—

————Adams——-Long—————

Subs: Lewis, Stephens, Ramsey, Slattery, Prowse, Redmond, Obafemi.

Would hope that Klarer gets a chance today.

Doubtful, went off at half time, presumabkly due to injury against Bournemouth at the beginning of December and hasn't feature since. Would imagine Smallbone, Slattery and Vokins are the likely youngsters to feature today, maybe Ramsay.

Fa Cup 3rd round used to be one of the most eagerly awaited days of the season ... a possibility of a trip to Wembley beckoning.

Watched Football Focus at lunchtime ... they spent the 1st 20 mins whacking themselves off over Liverpool FCand The EPL title. WALOB

Hope there are some big shocks, but obviously not at SMS ... although a few weeks ago an SFC win may well have been deemed a shock :lol:

Tomorrow I'll most certainly be a bluenose ad hoping for a toffees win.

Hope Che bags some goals today for us and we keep another clean sheet with whoever plays.