Red Bull takeover rumours

SaintBobby

These rumours seem to have - just about - amounted to more than totally fictional and unbased fantasy.

What are folks' thoughts on the credibility or desirability of a Red Bull takeover?

My instinct is that I'd be in favour, in principle as long as there isn't an absurd rebrand.

I don't feel hugely wedded to the name of the stadium. Would like to keep plain old "St Mary's", but could live with something different, I guess.

Becoming "RB Southampton FC" would be a pretty serious red line for me though.

I think there are rules around renaming teams, fortunately.

Edited by SaintBobby
typos

These rumours seem to have - just about - amounted to more than totally fictional and unbased fantasy.

What are folks' thoughts on the credibility or desirability of a Red Bull takeover?

My instinct is that I'd be in favour, in principle as long as there isn't an absurd rebrand.

I don't feel hugely wedded to the name of the stadium. Would like to keep plain old "St Mary's", but could live with something different, I guess.

For real? Thought it was just a Saintsweb joke. Also not sure why Red Bull would want a Premier League club when they have Leipzig but they are about as good owners as could be hoped for. Won't even have to change colours, just the crest which is crap ( replaced by a bull with a halo) and the name of the stadium which I don't care for anyway. Probably change the name of the club but... meh.

Where you get all this from :0?

For real? Thought it was just a Saintsweb joke. Also not sure why Red Bull would want a Premier League club when they have Leipzig but they are about as good owners as could be hoped for. Won't even have to change colours, just the crest which is crap ( replaced by a bull with a halo) and the name of the stadium which I don't care for anyway. Probably change the name of the club but... meh.

Well, it's spread a bit beyong Saintweb...but mayeb just because Saintsweb has that kind of reach.

I agree there's probably zero in it, but seemed worth speculating about....

Well, it's spread a bit beyong Saintweb...but mayeb just because Saintsweb has that kind of reach.

I agree there's probably zero in it, but seemed worth speculating about....

It does. I once made a transfer rumour up on here just for sh!ts and giggles and it made it's way to twitter.

It does. I once made a transfer rumour up on here just for sh!ts and giggles and it made it's way to twitter.

yeah, I once worked in an office taht fed made up rumours to the Sun and Mirror football gossip columns. We had about a 70% hit rate.

My favourite was that Michael Owen was signing for Villa as he'd been spotetd ina colonic irrigation clinic in Brum.

I'm not saying Red Bull is the way to go, but if we want to stay in this league AND compete regularly with the bigger boys, we need great investment in the club that a lot of SaintsWeb doubts Gao can give us. IF Red Bull is the clear and obvious choice, then so be it. Maybe more Mane's coming our way!?!?

On the other hand we could be looking back at this thread in a couple of years time, and going :mcinnes:.

Seeing as we've ruled out Gao and Red Bull, Is there a list of people Saints are allowed to be owned by?

Theoretically if you had a halo and wings we would have to be "the angels" if RB did take us over.

Edited by Nolan

We currently have an arrangement with Monster Energy. This could be as simple as us looking to shift that arrangement to Red Bull. Sure, there's the possibility of a much bigger relationship such as shirt and/or sponsorship, but ask yourselves what red bull would get out of buying us and sponsoring our shirts and stadium that they would get from not buying us but just sponsoring our shirts and stadium. At most it'll be an Arsenal/Emirates arrangement I reckon.

Pretty sure somebody posted yesterday that they saw somebody in a Jacket with Red Bull Logo or was it a tie in Corporate yesterday!!

Based on yjat sort fact, maybe we are also going to be taken over by Primark or a snide Stone Island / Burberry company based on The Northam :mcinnes:

Their Formula One car was just cruising down Shirley High St

yeah, I once worked in an office taht fed made up rumours to the Sun and Mirror football gossip columns. We had about a 70% hit rate.

My favourite was that Michael Owen was signing for Villa as he'd been spotetd ina colonic irrigation clinic in Brum.

To be fair Owen DOES come out with a lot of shytte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first posted the Red Bull links on here for LOLs :lol:

Cant believe it’s gone this far. Think it was Cabbage Face on Twitter that first started to extend my posts to Twitter

Cabbage Face .... that's a name from the past. Is he related to you at all??

• 8 months later...