4th round draw

whelk

Pompey at home...we owe them a proper battering, no foots off the pedal
What's the point of that? We know we're by far the better team and we've just thrashed them at FP. Let them stew in frustration smarting from the 0-4 for many years whilst they languish in their appropriate level a couple of leagues below us. Why the urge to give them the chance of an upset?

We'd be faced with risking our important players or, more sensibly, playing the same team.as yesterday, but then maybe giving them a chance.

Either way, it becomes a big distraction from keeping the PL form going.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t mind a London team away- well more specifically either QPR or Charlton- feel like I have done Fulham to death now so not them.

Or maybe let’s play ‘NORTHampton’ and start a rivalry purely on a namesake basis :lol:

If not, then it goes without saying that I would like the lowest ranked team at home.

Shrewsbury away. New ground for me, and most people I'd guess.
My local club. I've been to the New Meadow (now Montgomery Waters Meadow) but would love to see Saints there. But I can't make the next round, so hope it doesn't happen.

As I'll miss it, I'll settle for boring home fixture (Derby, maybe)

Saints Ladies have picked up where they left off, winning yet again, knocking Cardiff out of the Women’s FA Cup at theirs. In the hat for Monday’s draw where the WSL and championship teams come in.

the lack of attention they get on this message board is a DISGRACE!!!

Saints Ladies have picked up where they left off, winning yet again, knocking Cardiff out of the Women’s FA Cup at theirs. In the hat for Monday’s draw where the WSL and championship teams come in.

Fair play. Always good to see a Saints team win, whatever one it is.

Thing is will they get drawn against Southampton Women in the next round (the 8 time winners of the FA Cup)? They beat WBA 3-1. Southampton FC Women vs Southampton Women's FC could be a commentator's nightmare.

the lack of attention they get on this message board is a DISGRACE!!!

Why? Quite rightly the main focus is and should be on the Saints PL team, not on political correctness.

When the ladies play in the comparable national women's league - Barclays FA Women's Super League - then they will deserve their moments in the sun. At the moment they are quite a long way off that goal.

Remember too that the U23's get scant mention on here and the U18's virtually none at all.

Shrewsbury away. New ground for me, and most people I'd guess.
My local club. I've been to the New Meadow (now Montgomery Waters Meadow) but would love to see Saints there. But I can't make the next round, so hope it doesn't happen.

As I'll miss it, I'll settle for boring home fixture (Derby, maybe)

This for me too. Local, got a few Shrew supporting mates, could do with the banter.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I think I'll skip the skates for this round, let's have Oxford away will be decent, then Skates in the 5th round which is midweek this year due to the "winter break".

We've got Palace away midweek before the 4th round so no doubt another changed XI so we'll have to draw someone rubbish again to get through.

Oxford, Northampton, Coventry, or maybe QPR / Millwall will do.

Avoid other Premier league clubs.

Middlesbrough away would be my preference, because:

1. I live in Darlington and down the road from the Middlesbrough training ground.

2. If we play Middlesbrough that means they have knocked out Mourinho's Tottenham. :)

3. We usually do well against them.

4. Away Fans are the most loyal Saints fans and always get behind the team - even when the chips are down. That is part of why our away results have been better than at home for much of this season so far! So, for those who claim that the only proper fans are the ones who want a home fixture, put that in your pipe and smoke it!! ;)

Failing Middlesbrough, any of the other Northern teams away from home, though prefereably not Mancs or Liverpool. Any of these though:

Leeds, Newcastle/Rochdale, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Hull City, Barnsley, Burnley or Carlisle (if they beat Cardiff).

Also:

Blackpool if they beat Reading or Tranmere if they beat Watford.

Middlesbrough away would be my preference, because:

1. I live in Darlington and down the road from the Middlesbrough training ground.

2. If we play Middlesbrough that means they have knocked out Mourinho's Tottenham. :)

3. We usually do well against them.

4. Away Fans are the most loyal Saints fans and always get behind the team - even when the chips are down. That is part of why our away results have been better than at home for much of this season so far! So, for those who claim that the only proper fans are the ones who want a home fixture, put that in your pipe and smoke it!! ;)

Failing Middlesbrough, any of the other Northern teams away from home, though prefereably not Mancs or Liverpool. Any of these though:

Leeds, Newcastle/Rochdale, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Hull City, Barnsley, Burnley or Carlisle (if they beat Cardiff).

Also:

Blackpool if they beat Reading or Tranmere if they beat Watford.

Ok, I’ll bite.

A truly loyal away fan would be one who went to every home game no matter where they lived.

Ok, I’ll bite.

A truly loyal away fan would be one who went to every home game no matter where they lived.

I agree and there are some who make long journeys to do that. For a fan who's chosen to live in the north to think he is more loyal than other fans because he goes to a handful of games which are nearest to his home is delusional.

I agree and there are some who make long journeys to do that. For a fan who's chosen to live in the north to think he is more loyal than other fans because he goes to a handful of games which are nearest to his home is delusional.

I don't think that's was what he was saying at all. I read it that any fans who travel to away games are more loyal, in general, than those who don't.

I don't necessarily agree with that, because there are many who would like to go to away games but can't for various reasons, but it's a far cry from "I'm a more loyal fan because I live in the north east and go to some games up here when I can".

Wonder if a home draw against a decent WSL team might land them a game at St Mary’s? I’d be up for it, they are playing so well that they deserve some love, doing Saints proud atm.

With regard to the FA Cup, did a mock draw (yes, I’m that sad) and we had the Hamptons derby at home.

I quite fancy Oxford actually.

In reality we will probably get City away again or something like that.