4th round draw

whelk

Well they definitely won't have Saints v Spurs and Bournemouth v Arsenal on the same day, we'd have to play our strongest team to stand a chance of going through.

Wonder if they'll wait for replay to confirm ticket details, be good to have cheap tickets again.

Last time we went to the FA Cup final we beat Spurs on Boxing Day 1-0 at SMS and then in the 3rd round of the cup at SMS 4-0 so if they get past Boro ...........Played them on the next available bank holiday then in the 4th round of the cup.

just saying as footie does throw up these anomaly’s :D

It was beating Spurs 1-0 on New year's day I think you meant, but yes good omen. Wasn't there something about the 2003 cup run about every team we drew had animal link as nickname, we're still on for that having played the Terriers.

Better start planning for Wembley in May.

That was a very good evening back in 2003, we just took them apart. If it's Spurs reckon that's a TV game along with Bournemouth and will have to be on separate days, there's no way they'll let a few thousand rivals of North London's finest travel down on the same trains/motorway together.

For the record, 24 years ago today, we had an easy 3-0 home win in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.

Last time we went to the FA Cup final we beat Spurs on Boxing Day 1-0 at SMS and then in the 3rd round of the cup at SMS 4-0 so if they get past Boro ...........Played them on the next available bank holiday then in the 4th round of the cup.

As I recall, nobody thought we had a chance against Spurs in either match but lo and behold we won them both. I can still feel the excitement now. The only downer that season was our abject surrender at Cardiff when we just bottled it after Arsenal's early goal.

As you are looking for coincidence, most of our Cup games en-route to the final were played at home

It was beating Spurs 1-0 on New year's day I think you meant, but yes good omen. Wasn't there something about the 2003 cup run about every team we drew had animal link as nickname, we're still on for that having played the Terriers.

Hotels are already fully booked.

As I recall, nobody thought we had a chance against Spurs in either match but lo and behold we won them both. I can still feel the excitement now. The only downer that season was our abject surrender at Cardiff when we just bottled it after Arsenal's early goal.

As you are looking for coincidence, most of our Cup games en-route to the final were played at home

I appreciate I had had a few beers by the time that cup final kicked off, but if that is your summary of our performance that day then you seriously must have been watching a different game from me!

I appreciate I had had a few beers by the time that cup final kicked off, but if that is your summary of our performance that day then you seriously must have been watching a different game from me!

'abject surrender' is harsh, but it was a fairly timid performance, as Saints and WGs were still scarred from the drubbing a Highbury a few weeks earlier.

Although Saints rallied in the second half with a good shot from Ormerod, and a late Beattie header we didn't really take the game to Arsenal as we'd hooped, and our performances in earlier rounds suggested we might be capable of.

I was hoping a Scotsman (Armstrong) might have scored in injury time on Saturday for me to establish a good "omen". Perhaps I'll have to wait until we draw West Brom away in the Fifth Round now.

Presumably, Spurs were regarded Cockerels. Theory buggered if Boro beat them though.

'abject surrender' is harsh, but it was a fairly timid performance, as Saints and WGs were still scarred from the drubbing a Highbury a few weeks earlier.

Although Saints rallied in the second half with a good shot from Ormerod, and a late Beattie header we didn't really take the game to Arsenal as we'd hooped, and our performances in earlier rounds suggested we might be capable of.

Or you could also look at it from the other perspective, which is that Arsenal in 2003 were a phenomenally good team with Henry, Vieira, Seamen etc... and we restricted them to just one goal, which only came about because of a fluky rebound that could have gone absolutely anywhere but just happened to land at the feet of Robert Pires. And then forced one of the finest saves you'll ever see to deny us a late equaliser.

of the 16 fixtures only 2 are certain to be games between Prem.sides. Bournemouth v. Arsenal and Burnley v. Norwich.

Spurs must beat 'Boro to get to play against us and IF... Watford beat Tranmere they will play Wolves or Man U.

that means there could still be 11 Prem. sides in the last 16 if they all won.

of the 16 fixtures only 2 are certain to be games between Prem.sides. Bournemouth v. Arsenal and Burnley v. Norwich.

Spurs must beat 'Boro to get to play against us and IF... Watford beat Tranmere they will play Wolves or Man U.

that means there could still be 11 Prem. sides in the last 16 if they all won.

Welcome back !

Not on TV by the looks of it, which is good if you like a traditional 3pm Saturday kick off!

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jan/09/090120-tv-schedule-round-four

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the FA have completely devalued the competition by moving games around for overseas coverage to add to the many games already moved for domestic coverage so there is still a chance we'll end up on a different day.

"Matches selected for extended highlights and overseas broadcast coverage will be announced in due course. "

Skates at home too, so something will have to give, especially as there was a bit of aggro after Spurs last month, so will be more OB

We’ve been at home on the same day as the Skates several times so that’s not a condition for moving the game, there’s been at least one occasion already this season and both teams are at home on 15th Feb.

What frustrates me is the way cup games get moved around for tv (already 7 games) then moved get moved for “overseas picks”, absolutely no need for that, they are allowed to show live games at 3pm Saturday abroad so just leave them as they are. They moved loads of games in the 3rd round to Sunday then wondered why attendances were down.

It means we're too late to be on telly but the game time could still get moved for foreign TV and online

Bad enough that matches are constantly changed for UK TV channels but do we really move them for foreign broadcasters ?

You may be right but I've never heard of this before and hope it's wrong !!

I'm not sure loyal is the word. Loyalty to me implies that you don't go and support another club, no matter how poor Saints are. I think 'committed' would be a better word for people who make the most effort to travel the furthest.

Yeah, it's definitely not a loyalty thing. I've done 86 of the 90 now and plenty of those have been watching other teams (including a trip past Leicester to S****horpe on Saturday).

The bestestest fans are the ones who move to Southampton from someone else, FACT and also TIED nyah-nah.

Bad enough that matches are constantly changed for UK TV channels but do we really move them for foreign broadcasters ?

You may be right but I've never heard of this before and hope it's wrong !!

All the 1231 kos in round 3 were overseas tv only, including Millwall v Newport (which I went to instead of Saints v whoever oh yeah Huddersfield). Still managed to get 10 Saints aways on my record this season though.