4th round draw

whelk

Wonder if a home draw against a decent WSL team might land them a game at St Mary’s? I’d be up for it, they are playing so well that they deserve some love, doing Saints proud atm.

why dont you go when they are not playing so well?

how patronising is this post?

I agree and there are some who make long journeys to do that. For a fan who's chosen to live in the north to think he is more loyal than other fans because he goes to a handful of games which are nearest to his home is delusional.
This. Home games involve more travel for me than nearly every away game. It's a luxury to be able to get to some away games relatively easily.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Haven't seen the Cobblers since they moved from the County Ground, shared with the County Cricket Club.

Was bizarre. They couldn't play home football games until the end of the cricket season as the stand on one side was built each year on the cricket outfield.

I want the skates at home, I can't believe people are saying that they don't want them because there might be an upset...

They are dreadful as we proved back in October and any opportunity to steamroll them is one all Saints fans should relish.

You have to remember a good number of posters on here aren't from Southampton and simply don't get it. I'm pretty sure every Sotonian on here wants those c*nts at home. The opportunity to smash them twice in a season home and away is everything, and all proper Sotanians would be chomping at the bit for that.

I want the skates at home, I can't believe people are saying that they don't want them because there might be an upset...

Nah, I'm thinking of the stewards, the cleaning staff and the local residents, railway station staff and a smidgeon of sympathy for the old bill.

Went there in 2009 for a fa cup game.

I went to that, second round I think.

From what I can recall it was a cold and damp and we were making fun of the sizable Ade Akinfenwe. Parking was pretty easy though.

I fancy them away again - I actually don’t think they could cope with another inevitable pasting. Anyone who doesn’t want them are just odd.

Well I don't. It wont get better than 4-0 at Fratton, so we've little to gain. On the other hand if we go down because they injure Ings, we'd never hear the end of it.

Let them stew on the 4-0 for a couple of years, I'll take a nice easy, low key tie, so we can rest players for league games.

Went there 2005 I think, Jamie Redknapp even scored I remember. Nothing around the ground though

I went there too. Miles out of town on an industrial estate if I recall. Not much in the way of food and drink and I got questioned by Her Majesty as to why I had eaten in Frankie and Bennys.

From what I can recall it was a cold and damp and we were making fun of the sizable Ade Akinfenwe. Parking was pretty easy though.

Well I don't. It wont get better than 4-0 at Fratton, so we've little to gain. On the other hand if we go down because they injure Ings, we'd never hear the end of it.

Let them stew on the 4-0 for a couple of years, I'll take a nice easy, low key tie, so we can rest players for league games.

This. I'm as loyal and committed as any Saints fan and enjoyed putting the fishy ones in their place. But there's more to success for Saints than living to beat that lot.

In the wider view a Cup run would be great, but consolidating the league improvement is the first priority.

Yep, I went. Parking was easy but it was definitely very cold. Lallana scored one of the goals and recall us winning 3-2. We sang ‘you should have gone to KFC’ to Akinfenwa.

Ah awful draw but I’d give the Spurs league win up for a cup win instead :rolleyes:

We’ll need Boro to be fired up and somehow pull one out of the bag- hopefully Woodgate and Keane will get them going for it- the biggest issue I have is Spurs desperately want a trophy so expecting Jose to play full strength every time

Was hoping the skates were going to draw Liverpool away and get a pasting - would have felt nice dad wanting Liverpool to win though.

We beat Spurs in the cup on our way to the final in 03 - having beating them 1-0 on New Years Day in anyone likes their coincidences

Was hoping the skates were going to draw Liverpool away and get a pasting - would have felt nice dad wanting Liverpool to win though.

We beat Spurs in the cup on our way to the final in 03 - having beating them 1-0 on New Years Day in anyone likes their coincidences

Stupid predictive texting- would have FELT WEIRD wanting Liverpool to win it should say

Dunno why everyone is saying it is so boring. What were you expecting? Not overly exciting but will be a decent atmosphere and can beat them comfortably. Spurs that is.

Unlikely - José and spurs are desperate for a cup and will go full strength. I can’t really see our B team doing much against them. Come on Boro.

Dunno why everyone is saying it is so boring. What were you expecting? Not overly exciting but will be a decent atmosphere and can beat them comfortably. Spurs that is.
Don't see why we can't beat them again (if it is Spurs). Both teams will have changes. No Kane.

Unlikely - José and spurs are desperate for a cup and will go full strength. I can’t really see our B team doing much against them. Come on Boro.

Mourinho has got a toxic feel in the place already.

Being desperate doesn’t mean anything.

Our game is boring and probably the best fixture, might well be on TV.

Wonder if he'll rest anyone as it edges towards the CL. Either way, we can beat them.

They've got a pretty easy home game midweek before our game (Norwich) then Man City the next week.

Wasn’t paying too much attention during the draw waiting for us to come out but that really is a **** draw all round. No top 8 teams playing each other to make the potential route through the rounds easier, nothing to really get excited about for TV either. If I had to pick the televised games I’d probably say us, Bournemouth, West Ham and maybe Liverpool.

Wasn’t paying too much attention during the draw waiting for us to come out but that really is a **** draw all round. No top 8 teams playing each other to make the potential route through the rounds easier, nothing to really get excited about for TV either. If I had to pick the televised games I’d probably say us, Bournemouth, West Ham and maybe Liverpool.

I imagine if Shrewsbury get through that will attract the cameras, or even Bristol City v Liverpool......