Leicester Build Up Thread

Appy

Can’t be any worse than last time surely.

You’d imagine we’ll be back to the Spurs team or something very similar.

Very tough game but the way we’re playing, no reason we can’t get a result.

Can’t be any worse than last time surely.

You’d imagine we’ll be back to the Spurs team or something very similar.

Very tough game but the way we’re playing, no reason we can’t get a result.

I remember when we beat Wolves 9-3 at home, we later drew the away game 1-1. With Saints' away form being so good, a draw looks possible.

They have the cup semi final 1st leg on Wednesday, and no reason for them not to go full strength for that.

As Ralph said yesterday, we will be extremely motivated for this one. A bit of a free hit for us so you never know.

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Bednarek Bertrand

Redmond JWP PEH Djenepo

Ings Long

Bench: Gunn, Yoshida, Vestegaard, Romeu, Armstrong, Boufal, Adams, Obafemi

(Yes I know there are 8 players on the bench- one of the last 3 will have to miss out but I can’t put my finger on as to which one if everyone is fit)

The forum ‘booboys’ would probably choose to drop Adams, but personally I would sacrifice Vestergaard as all of the latter 3 bring something different to each other which we could use as and when required during the game! However- I know that generally speaking you should always have 2 defenders on the bench so maybe we’ll need one to get ‘injured’ to make the decision easier ;) ;)

So on that note, sorry Obafemi.

I would also like to make a big case for Armstrong to start over Redmond to be fair- but at the same time I feel like that leaves us way too slow hence his inclusion on the bench instead.

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens bednarek Bertrand

Hojberg jwp

Armstrong Redmond

Ings long

Subs

Gunn, yoshida, danso, Romeu, djenepo, obafemi, adams

Yeah I think this team basically picks itself at this point. Maybe Adams over Long to give us the ability to hold the ball up better and relieve pressure but Long also offers more on the counter.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Bednarek Bertrand

Redmond JWP PEH Djenepo

Ings Long

Bench: Gunn, Yoshida, Vestegaard, Romeu, Armstrong, Boufal, Adams, Obafemi

(Yes I know there are 8 players on the bench- one of the last 3 will have to miss out but I can’t put my finger on as to which one if everyone is fit)

The forum ‘booboys’ would probably choose to drop Adams, but personally I would sacrifice Vestergaard as all of the latter 3 bring something different to each other which we could use as and when required during the game! However- I know that generally speaking you should always have 2 defenders on the bench so maybe we’ll need one to get ‘injured’ to make the decision easier ;) ;)

So on that note, sorry Obafemi.

I would also like to make a big case for Armstrong to start over Redmond to be fair- but at the same time I feel like that leaves us way too slow hence his inclusion on the bench instead.

A forum user happens to think away from home and on the break Obafemi’s pace is better deployed than Adams would be.

If that makes me a boo boy I’ll just have to live with it I guess :smug:

Sadly The Club only took up the smallest allocation, something like a paltry 1280 I believe. This is scandalous.

Luckily I have now managed to get a ticket, but probably like many didn't think it would sell out so far in advance and dallied about over xmas not realising it was such a small amount of tickets up for grabs.

"We only came in a taxi....."!! I guess we'll be getting plenty of 'Your support is effing rubbish" etc from the home support :(

Sadly The Club only took up the smallest allocation, something like a paltry 1280 I believe. This is scandalous.

Luckily I have now managed to get a ticket, but probably like many didn't think it would sell out so far in advance and dallied about over xmas not realising it was such a small amount of tickets up for grabs.

"We only came in a taxi....."!! I guess we'll be getting plenty of 'Your support is effing rubbish" etc from the home support :(

Club don’t care about away attendances as they don’t make any money out of them. Same small allocation which will be sold to season ticket holders who have been to one away game or sell their tickets to the Liverpool tourists who are always in the away end there. Makes the club and fans look so small time club and pathetic.

Revenge is always served sweet. Hopefully Vardy will pull his hamstring as his goal is ruled out by Var D

Hopefully Vardy won't have recovered from his calf injury. Some doubt that he will be ready for LC SF on Wednesday, and if he does play in that will he make it for the PL game against us.

Away side are entitled to 10% of the GC tickets available up to a maximum of 3000, so we should have been allocated 3000 as LFC's stadium is a carbon copy of ours at 32000 GC.

Does the club take it upon itself to send back tickets without consulting fans? If they do then it is a monumental scandal and about time the away support got themselves organised with a spokes person to represent them during ticket allocation discussions.

Away side are entitled to 10% of the GC tickets available up to a maximum of 3000, so we should have been allocated 3000 as LFC's stadium is a carbon copy of ours at 32000 GC.

Does the club take it upon itself to send back tickets without consulting fans? If they do then it is a monumental scandal and about time the away support got themselves organised with a spokes person to represent them during ticket allocation discussions.

They way I’ve always thought it works is that the club has a discussion with the home team to agree on how many tickets we’ll have based on how many we’re likely to take. Then they’d send any unsold tickets back if the estimation was a bit high (which was rare). It seems they’re now saving themselves the job of posting a few back by just opting for tiny allocations, which they need to be pulled up on ASAP. We travel pretty well and there’s no reason we wouldn’t have taken 3000 to Palace, Chelsea, Leicester...

Pathetic by the club, needs looking into.

Ticketing details for a football game does not constitute a "monumental scandal"! :mcinnes:

I can understand the argument the club are giving about losing money on unsold tickets, but whoever is in charge of deciding our allocations is clearly awful at their job and knows nothing about our away support. Palace midweek and Leicester away on a Sat at 3pm are both nailed on 3000 sell outs. Hope they’ve had plenty of complaints.

Yeah I think this team basically picks itself at this point. Maybe Adams over Long to give us the ability to hold the ball up better and relieve pressure but Long also offers more on the counter.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

That team but swap Redmond for Djenepo.

I remember the season we smashed Sunderland 8-0, when the reverse came around no one expected anything other than a win.

Sunderland beat us.

I'm not giving up hope, esp. given how we've played over the last month. We seem to cause anyone problems at the top end right now, and we seem suitably strong at the back. Let's see, but we go into it with optimism. We started December on 12 points, we start January on 25 points. I mean, what the hell.

Hopefully Vardy won't have recovered from his calf injury. Some doubt that he will be ready for LC SF on Wednesday, and if he does play in that will he make it for the PL game against us.

“Jamie [Vardy] is fine. He unfortunately missed the game at the weekend, but he trained on Sunday and since that, so he’s absolutely fine.

Not fussed about this one, they'll rightly be odds on favourites, and rightly so, but so long as we go there and give a performance, can't ask for anymore. Leicester are second for a reason, they have good players and are a good team. Can we get something, yes, will we, probably not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The eyes of the World will likely be on this one...let’s face it, last result embarrassment, plucky little Saints clawing their way back up, Lineker and his media mates clambering for another drubbing etc., so it will be a big test of Ralph’s managerial capacity and the players mentality to believe in themselves that will be instrumental in the result. As long as there’s no more than a difference of 2 goals in the score, I think we could say “job done” and my prediction is 3-1 to the Foxes. Having said that, the way we’ve been playing, we might just be able to nick a 1-2 win if very, very lucky.

This is one game where we really need to regain some pride, God knows what Leicester fans must think but so far this season we've bent over for a 9-0 defeat and now we're turning up for a Saturday 3pm away game taking the smallest possible 1200 allocation (which sold out weeks before the game) that puts us in the same noddy club category or Fulham, Wigan, Bournemouth who take pitiful numbers away.

Play for some pride and battle and we could sneak a draw, but Leicester to win with Vardy to score any time seems the most likely winning bet.

Genuine question. I watched the game last night and Villa really stifled the Leicester attack by sitting back in a tight, narrow formation with three CBs.

I know the upturn in our results has coincided with the move to a back four, and I doubt Ralph wants to go back, but is there a case for Yoshida Danso or Romeu to start this, and probably the Liverpool game, in place of an attacking player?

Leicester are most dangerous on the break and when there is space behind the defence for Vardy to run into.

Just suggesting, and not totally sure myself, but interested in views.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Genuine question. I watched the game last night and Villa really stifled the Leicester attack by sitting back in a tight, narrow formation with three CBs.

I know the upturn in our results has coincided with the move to a back four, and I doubt Ralph wants to go back, but is there a case for Yoshida Danso or Romeu to start this, and probably the Liverpool game, in place of an attacking player?

Leicester are most dangerous on the break and when there is space behind the defence for Vardy to run into.

Just suggesting, and not totally sure myself, but interested in views.

I wouldn't want to see us mess with a consistent back four that has been working.

If we lose, we lose, no real shame to lose away to the 3rd best team in the league and I doubt we will get hammered again, but I think the team we have at the moment is in a good place and I'd rather see us have a go, try to be solid and hit them on the break like we did at Chelsea rather than we ultra negative.

I think we can cause them problems and Liverpool as well, we just might not stop them scoring 1-2, but if they have a slightly off day against the form we are in then we could easily get a result.

if they have a slightly off day against the form we are in then we could easily get a result.

I'm optimistic that we could get something from the game, but it most certainly won't be easy!

If we play with the same intensity we did against Chelsea and Spurs then we could well frustrate them and possibly get a result, and it will take a big effort, but having rested pretty much our entire first 11 against Hudds, and not having had a midweek game like Leicester have, we should be much fresher than them. I just hope we've done our homework properly.

I wouldn't want to see us mess with a consistent back four that has been working.

If we lose, we lose, no real shame to lose away to the 3rd best team in the league and I doubt we will get hammered again, but I think the team we have at the moment is in a good place and I'd rather see us have a go, try to be solid and hit them on the break like we did at Chelsea rather than we ultra negative.

I think we can cause them problems and Liverpool as well, we just might not stop them scoring 1-2, but if they have a slightly off day against the form we are in then we could easily get a result.

Nah. In these likely to lose games we need to go for it, show we can actually play. Plus they all have defensive lapses and give us chances. We tried holding on at City and it doesn't work against decent sides often. I'd fancy us for a 2-2 far far more than a 0-0.

I agree with these.

We can keep ourselves compact and have plans to deal with their danger men without changing the shape that we have started to develop.

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet if we go with a defensive mindset but I can see us scoring if we look to spring our own counter attacks.

If Ayoze Perez scores a hattrick of hattricks against us on Saturday, I'll get a tattoo of him on my butt. (These words are not legally binding.) Either way we need to be quite solid, they have an abundance of attacking riches including Iheanacho who loves a goal against us (but not as much as against Villa, whom he's now scored most of his goals against). I'm hoping Vardy isn't fully fit, although he looked it last night, but maybe he'll have knackered himself out a bit.

Either way the line up writes itself for us, and I'd have Armstrong in over Djenepo, and Long over Adams or Obafemi. (McCarthy, Cedric, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand, JWP, Hojbjerg, Armstrong, Redmond, Long, Ings. Subs: Gunn, Yoshida, Danso, Romeu, Djenepo, Boufal, Adams.)

Thanks all for the considered opinions. Makes a change on here!

Seems a strong view that we should stick with the settled defence, and you're probably right. Still think we need to be compact and not reckless, but getting forward quickly when we can.

Just hope Bednarek and Stephens have got their sprinting shoes on.

Lee Mason on the Whistle for this one - he can be a mixed bag.

Darren Bond the man in the van out in the King Power car park watching the VAR TVs (newer name to the Refs roster - and yes I know he isn’t sat in a van in the car park).

I didn’t realise the VAR linesman made the final decision on the offsides not the VAR Ref until the other day.

I guess you’ll all want me to go out shopping on Saturday afternoon like I did for the Villa game :D

Thanks all for the considered opinions. Makes a change on here!

Seems a strong view that we should stick with the settled defence, and you're probably right. Still think we need to be compact and not reckless, but getting forward quickly when we can.

Just hope Bednarek and Stephens have got their sprinting shoes on.

You can be compact with a back four. Have the fullbacks tuck in and the wide midfielders drop deeper.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk