Leicester Build Up Thread

Appy

They seemed to struggle to create much after going 1 down and the equaliser was due to a poor bit of play from Villa, who otherwise defended well (I thought Mings had a great game).

If we can nick the first goal then sitting back and trying to play on the break is not necessarily a bad tactic because their main threat is balls into the channel to stretch the defence and they won't be able to do that if we don't give them that space.

Obviously we could go behind which will force us to attack, allowing them to pick us off with counters.

First goal is the key.

Villa 1 up. We beat them easily, therefore the only result I can see on Saturday is us absolutely hammering Leicester.

That's how football works, right?

If we perform at the same level as the last few games, we automatically should get one or three points. Only if some major changes are introduced in our game (red card, illness of one of our full backs or CBs, totally biased referee ..) we could be defeated.

Mcarthy

Cedric, Bednarak, Stephens, Bertrand

JWP, Hoj, Armstrong

Djenepo, Ings, Redmond

Team picks itself, it's energetic, flexible and ultimately there's some confidence in there. Stick with what's been working.

Leicester have only lost to Liverpool (twice), City and Utd, so it's a tall order to expect us to get anything but we've had a weeks rest, they played on Weds. A lot of the other sides around us have tricky games too, so hopefully not too much will happen this weekend.

McCarthy

Cedric

Stephens

Bednarek

Bertrand

Hojbjerg

JWP

Armstrong

Redmond

Long

Ings

Subs: Gunn, Yoshida, Danso, Romeu, Boufal, Djenepo, Obafemi

Djenepo and Boufal both seem to have far more impact from the bench. Long had a very good game at the King Power last season and is currently the best foil for Danny Ings. Rest of the team picks itself really.

Maddison is fine according to Brenda in his press conference. Took a blow to the head in the Villa game and looked a little groggy, had some tests but is fine and training with the team as normal.

Ndidi is indeedy out.

Didi get an injury? [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Che Adams was born in Leicester' date=' I believe. If 18 games without a goal isn't incentive enough to finally break his duck, maybe being back home in Leicester might be?[/quote']

I’m glad you believe it at least.... A tenuous argument for inclusion in the team today however...

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Bednarek Bertrand

Redmond JWP PEH Djenepo

Ings Long

Bench: Gunn, Yoshida, Vestegaard, Romeu, Armstrong, Boufal, Adams, Obafemi

(Yes I know there are 8 players on the bench- one of the last 3 will have to miss out but I can’t put my finger on as to which one if everyone is fit)

The forum ‘booboys’ would probably choose to drop Adams, but personally I would sacrifice Vestergaard as all of the latter 3 bring something different to each other which we could use as and when required during the game! However- I know that generally speaking you should always have 2 defenders on the bench so maybe we’ll need one to get ‘injured’ to make the decision easier ;) ;)

So on that note, sorry Obafemi.

I would also like to make a big case for Armstrong to start over Redmond to be fair- but at the same time I feel like that leaves us way too slow hence his inclusion on the bench instead.

Haha Ralph listened to me then!!! Only Yoshida on the bench.

Absolutely no qualms from me with the line ups- think game plan will be to see this game through to 0-0 till 60 if we can then go for the jugular with Djenepo, Obafemi and Boufal/Adams OR see the game out with Romeu.

Redmond gets another start. Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph (thankfully) now has a default starting 11. Redmond is one of the 11. It's reassuring that we now have a settled default 11 (and better results) rather than the chopping and changing we saw earlier in the season (and worse results)