Britain's Next Top Prime Minister - Labour Leadership Election 2020.

CB Fry

I think that Lisa Nandy has effectively ruled herself out of the Labour leadership with her stupidity in this interview, incapable of giving a simple answer on transgender athletes' rights. Of course it would not be fair for transgender males to compete against female athletes, but she is incapable of taking a common sense stance on it for fear of appearing non-PC towards the transgender lobby. Let them have their own events competing against each other.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel sorry for whoever it is should they eventually make it to PM. There will be so little scope for any progressive policies as will inherit the legacy of previous government spending money we don’t have. They could use George Osborne’s simple credit card analogy to explain to the masses why there is no money.

Starmer with a landslide victory, winning in the first round.

We can now put those disastrous, pointlessly wasted years behind us and move forward.

I think as long as the Labour party does not eat itself as it returns to normal, this chap has the best possible chance of being PM.

Sir Keir Starmer, he’s going to go down a storm in labour’s northern heartlands of Camden & Islington.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flustered pal?

I thought you’d be taking the moral high ground and claiming that whatever your political allegiances -even if you’d never vote Labour, it’s important for our democracy to have a credible parliamentary opposition that can hold the government to account.

I think as long as the Labour party does not eat itself as it returns to normal, this chap has the best possible chance of being PM.

The size of his win suggests the party is ready to align behind him. I think any members or MPs sniping from the sidelines will get little support. At least for the first six months...

Edited by buctootim

Sir Keir Starmer, he’s going to go down a storm in labour’s northern heartlands of Camden & Islington.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to recap, Boris Johnson won loads of seats from his Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency. That's just outside Wigan, right?

I feel sorry for whoever it is should they eventually make it to PM. There will be so little scope for any progressive policies as will inherit the legacy of previous government spending money we don’t have. They could use George Osborne’s simple credit card analogy to explain to the masses why there is no money.

Austerity was a choice. See GM's graph of percentage of GDP spent servicing the national debt.

But yes I agree I have sympathy for him as likely will suffer heavy attacks from the rightwing press, Nutjob leavers, Tory-lite Labour MPs and anti-antisemitism fundamentalists like Hodge.

Hopefully by the time the election comes around again the era of personality politics exemplified by Trump and Johnson will be over and people will be ready for a serious thinker again.

What, the sort of serious thinker who made a complete dog's b*llocks of Labour's stance on Brexit as the shadow minister responsible for their policy, the one that effectively lost them the election by the biggest margin in decades? That sort of serious thinker? :lol:

Or did you have somebody else in mind?