Fans Event

rooney

Ok so it wasn’t earth shattering stuff. The first two people forgot their questions. Ralph spoke very well and isn’t planning on leaving any time soon. The person(s) we want for recruitment are with other clubs so nothing will happen until the summer on that front. Ralph wants cover at LB and maybe right back depending on Valerys recovery. No mention of another CH. Gao sees his ownership as a long term project. His aim is for us to win every game. We will continue to be self sustainable. Ralph is very happy with his support from the club and knew exactly what he was in for when he joined. This is the best job as he is in the Premiership. Better than being in the Champions League. It will take us two windows to get where we want to be squad wise. That’s it in a nutshell.

To be fair the questions weren't bad and the attempts to answer them were pretty honest. No date for Crocker's arrival which was a little strange. I thought RH was right to accept the blame for our early season meltdown and it was interesting when he said he suddenly had to get back to basics which I took as meaning putting round pegs in round holes. Bit alarmed at his response about not wanting leaders on the pitch. I know where he was coming from but still feel that is one department we are lacking.

I think the club are trying to get things sorted but they admitted Gao is not putting in any money (neither is he taking any out) so there is no way we can buy improvement. It will have to be self sustaining. It sure is going to be hard to compete with the Villas and Leicesters of this world in the future.

One guy sounded promising. He started out by saying that he was falling out of love with the club and I thought here we go! He then critiqued the deal with Under Armour because of there support for hunting. This could be interesting! Then he started going on about brands and passion. I think he meant the opposite and that football clubs are all about passion and are not brands, but he seemed to lose his way and ended up waffling on off mic which was a let down. It all passed off amicably and our execs are doing their best in a very difficult and competitive world. There was no pretence or attempts to whitewash the errors. They accept that mistakes have been made and they are all working to get back on track. There was a lack of Cortese like bravado but more of a quiet determination to sort things out and give us the best chances of winning football matches both on and off the field. For us that means getting more quality out of the academy because we won’t have much more money to spend unless we are much more successful on the pitch. Anyway, the good news is that there was no attempt to doctor questions or suppress negativity. In fact they asked for non scripted questions quiet frequently. I wonder if the laid back feeling of the meeting would have been the same if we were still at the foot of the table?

Having watched the video, the event seem to improve after the first three questions or so, VAR, improving team, away form, when all these questions have been asked at the press conferences so many many times before. There was some amateurism in that the chairman was wrongly briefed with a number of the questioner's names and in turn they forgot their own questions. When secondary questions were asked the Mike had been taken away so we could not hear what was asked. The answers from the panel were very good and RH gave a very good response on his leadership role in response to a lady who was to become a Head Teacher. Overall some good questions were raised particularly on ticket prices and the management team. The CEO indicated that Gao had bought the club to further his business in China which seemed a little strange to me.

I appreciate the questions were pre-submitted and scanned but I would have like to have known the intentions of the club for our players out on loan and exactly what Valery's injury/sickness is and when he will likely return. He has been out for weeks and unless I have missed something, we are none the wiser.

One guy sounded promising. He started out by saying that he was falling out of love with the club and I thought here we go! He then critiqued the deal with Under Armour because of there support for hunting. This could be interesting! Then he started going on about brands and passion. I think he meant the opposite and that football clubs are all about passion and are not brands, but he seemed to lose his way and ended up waffling on off mic which was a let down. It all passed off amicably and our execs are doing their best in a very difficult and competitive world. There was no pretence or attempts to whitewash the errors. They accept that mistakes have been made and they are all working to get back on track. There was a lack of Cortese like bravado but more of a quiet determination to sort things out and give us the best chances of winning football matches both on and off the field. For us that means getting more quality out of the academy because we won’t have much more money to spend unless we are much more successful on the pitch. Anyway, the good news is that there was no attempt to doctor questions or suppress negativity. In fact they asked for non scripted questions quiet frequently. I wonder if the laid back feeling of the meeting would have been the same if we were still at the foot of the table?

I'm intrigued as to how we can win football matches off the field. Will have to give it a watch now!

I'm intrigued as to how we can win football matches off the field. Will have to give it a watch now!

New coach, tactics,video, proper preparation it’s all in it suggest you watch it.

Ralph comes across well my big concern is it’s run by business men with very little football knowledge Martin Glover seems to be doing transfers recruitment though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched it and enjoyed it. The best bit for me was not necessarily the answers themselves, but that I felt all 4 were giving honest open answers and not just following the corporate line. Gave the impression they'd be just as happy if one of us stopped them in the street and asked a few questions.

Couldn't help thinking how a similar meeting would have gone with some of our past personnel fielding the questions. Lowe, Cortese, Kruger, Reed, Redknapp, Hughes, Lallana just a few that spring to mind. Would have needed a spotlight and thumbscrews to get anywhere near a straight answer from that lot.

Loved Ralph's very thinly veiled criticism of senior management by re-affirming that how much every detail counts in the development of the club even the behind the scenes, details that irritate fans so much for example. In effect he was implying that some of the board members just aren't doing their jobs professionally enough.

You get the impression that he values the importance of fans to the club far more than the bloody bean-counters who just see £ signs on seats in the stadium. Good for him!

As fans 'though we really need to get our acts together at these forums. Forgetting what your own question is rather dismisses the whole process as a shambolic charade.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail! (Ralph)

As for the "host", lose this waster and get Adam back.

For anyone criticising the way our club is run, worth pondering that Everton today announced £110 MILLION loss. And they have no more points than us.......!!!!,

Bet they don't make a clustref^ck of ticket allocations though on a regular occurrence.