Leicester 1-2 Southampton - Reaction

Wes Tender

Can’t quite remember a turnaround like this ever before. We’ve gone from possibly the worst team in the division to potentially pushing towards top 8. Credit to Ralph as I thought he’d lost it completely.

Currently I would say that apart from maybe Liverpool, we are the best team in the division at the moment.....

Can’t quite remember a turnaround like this ever before. We’ve gone from possibly the worst team in the division to potentially pushing towards top 8. Credit to Ralph as I thought he’d lost it completely.

I'm trying to find it, but I'm pretty sure in October/November, The Guardian ran a piece asking the question if we were the worst team in the Premier League.

They might well have been right at the time!

Fantastic result and performance. Real character shown after the 9-0 and after going an early goal down today. Ings was outstanding in particular but all of them deserve credit. Thought Schmeichel might be doing what Friedel used to do to us for Blackburn with a solo display but found a way past him in the end. Leicester forums very fair and generous, clear on who played the best. Good fans and a lot better than the garbage you’d read on the other top six fan sites in the same circumstances. They were also very critical of Leicester playing the 9-0 on the big screens before the game although I think our players were fairly amped up anyway.

Phil Thompson pretty disgusted by Leicester’s media team replaying the 9-0 with full commentary whilst Saints were warming up and Ralph obviously not impressed when asked about it on interview.

Kind of backfired on them though so ****** to ya :lol:

IMO it was unsportsmanlike or ungentlemanly conduct. Book LCFC!

The BBC are only reporting what happened which is that VAR determined that Long was offside. I expect that will be debated elsewhere.

Three more wins and we should be safe but if we can carry on like this even Europe could be a possibility. Or is that the Kiss of a Death? :(

Would need 2015-16 2nd of the season form and it certainly is a possibility why not!!

good post.

What a greta display. Got after them right from the start and never really let up. Got slightly fortunate with the offside goal, but we could have been well clear but for their keeper and the woodwork. Brilliant performance. Massive smile on my face...COYR

Actually, fair play to the Leicester fans on their forum. Very gracious in their praise of is and are not claiming they were rubbish. Pretty much all of them saying we were by far away the better team and if we did not win it would have been an injustice.

Nice to see.

Actually a bit stupid, firing up our players even more. We were all over them like a bulldog going after a pork chop, especially in the first half. Brilliant performance.

The fans on the Foxes forum are foaming about this. Not just because it may have acted as an incentive for our players but more so being completely disrespectful to SFC.

Garth Crooks on the BBC doing his best to acting as a Spurs recruitment agent saying that Ings should move clubs and how Saints are a staging post for players to move to bigger clubs

Are we allowed to say T.W.A.T? I just did!

Edited by hasper57saint
Miss spelling

I'm in a Portsmouth area Wetherspoons catching up with old friends. Let off a rather loud shout when I saw the final result. Having extra beer for luck and now I've got to cycle home..

The Isambard Kingdom Brunel? I was in there one Saturday night and there was a bunch of young Saints fans in Guildhall Square singing OWTS. With results like this, that could become a regular occurrence.