Leicester 1-2 Southampton - Reaction

Wes Tender

Never seen a top billed game on MOTD have less discussion after than that one. Must have been 2 minutes at most. Usually they go on for 7 or 8 minutes with in depth analysis.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm happy rendered them speechless.

When are we saying we are definitely safe from relegation? A minimum five points in the next five games should do it though the way we are playing we should get more. Amazing really the players deserve a lot of credit for showing character and Ralph obviously who I never wanted to be sacked.

This shows the importance of continuity. It would have been madness to have sacked Ralph. Credit to our maligned directors, not to some of our fans.

This shows the importance of continuity. It would have been madness to have sacked Ralph. Credit to our maligned directors, not to some of our fans.

No sense in changing manager even after the Leicester defeat, we weren't going to attract anyone of note let alone better.

Just hope at some stage we get to see Ralph put his own team together and that the board/owner are able to back him.

No sense in changing manager even after the Leicester defeat, we weren't going to attract anyone of note let alone better.

Just hope at some stage we get to see Ralph put his own team together and that the board/owner are able to back him.

I think he has put his team together. They have just beaten Chelsea, Spurs & Leicester and have as many points as Koeman's team did after the same number of games in 2016. All we need now is for them to stay together.

Still buzzing after this result. Slightly surprised about the uncertainty over our MOTM - clearly it was James Maddison, scored our first with a little help from Armstrong, set up Ings who hit the bar, and generally did sweet F.A. apart from take the free kick for Evans' disallowed goal :)

Due to a slightly lazy disposition,can anybody pinpoint to me what has brought about the upturn in performances and results by this lot ?

Well, the playing squad has not changed but the approach of the manager has !

He was chopping and changing formations/tactics and using players out of their natural positions !

As soon as he stopped putting round pegs in square holes and kept a settled team our fortunes improved dramatically!

RH is getting the credit now (which is undoubtedly due) but he must reflect on what went before and it certainly looks like he’s learnt from it !!

Due to a slightly lazy disposition,can anybody pinpoint to me what has brought about the upturn in performances and results by this lot ?
Ralph puts it down to a lightbulb moment when he realised he'd gone too far away from his philosophy and style of play.

It started in the two Man City games. We went back to a back four. That gave us an extra attacking player and we started to press and defend from the front. He decided to put his faith in Stephens and Bednarek and stick with it.

IMO, the biggest problem was lack of confidence. A couple of wins and the whole team have started believing, working hard for each other and looking a happy, cohesive unit. Players who were struggling have been lifted and the benefits of a settled team are obvious. They understand each other and what they're trying to do.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, the playing squad has not changed but the approach of the manager has !

He was chopping and changing formations/tactics and using players out of their natural positions !

As soon as he stopped putting round pegs in square holes and kept a settled team our fortunes improved dramatically!

RH is getting the credit now (which is undoubtedly due) but he must reflect on what went before and it certainly looks like he’s learnt from it !!

Yes, I’d very much agree with this. We went with 4 at the back, 5 at the back, Danso at left and right back, Vestergaard in the side, seemingly changes to the set up every week. Now we have a settled side who all seem to know their jobs. Having a striker in incredible form is also a massive leg up.

Keeping Gunn, Vestergaard and Yoshida out of the side, sticking with a settled 4 at the back, fullbacks playing at fullback and a largely settled team with a consistent approach.

Reading between the lines he's worked out who will play his way for him and who won't.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

That just proves that we did a lot of attacking. The higher the possession the more passive our offensive game. A great win, it could have been a rout. Everybody put in a shift and we got the result.

Now the negatives, Hojbjerg playing passes without looking and giving the ball away. The prat who gave the foul away and instead of taking possession of the ball or passing it back to their GK he just left the ball to Perez who put Vardy in for their goal with a quick free kick. Not the first time, we have to be ruthless.

Added to the above. The optimum possession for our attacking game is 40% approximately. Our passing accuracy was 52%, that means that losing the ball up front doesn't hinder because we press to get it back hence the three bookings and 17 fouls. 70% possession mostly happens in our own half. allows opponents to consolidate win the ball and counter exposing our exposed centre backs.

My point, Watford today, 44% possession, three goals, high pressing, plenty of fouls, shots etc, Bournemouth overpowered. It's better to get the ball up to the forwards quickly, running at the back four, rather than just pass it around as we were doing before the Arsenal game. The teams tempo is high, pressing is ferocious and teams struggle against it. Better to stick the ball up front even lose it and press it pressuring defenders than have a false possession statistic which unless you are Manchester City is a myth.