Saints Vs Wolves - Build Up

jamesfp1

When at least ten of the starting eleven now pick themselves as long as they stay fit, these threads are getting shorter.

Still think it'll be a tough game. Wolves are quite big and physical, things we can struggle against. It will help if they came to attack rather than sitting back.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We've shown a lot of character and bottle to pull clear of the relegation zone, but if we're serious about being a top ten team these are the sort of games that we need to be winning. Wolves are a strong physical side, but we got a point at their place so we have to be looking to win this one, it'll be tough, but I'm hoping our good form continues, 2 - 1 Saints.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Tough game, I'd take a point.

6 pointer for a Europa spot, we're only 3 points behind Wolves who sit in 7th.

Wolves have a replay on Wednesday night away to Man Utd.

Wolves season started in July in Europa league qualifiers, I saw a graph of "Most minutes played this season", which was dominated by Wolves players as they haven't made so many changes for Europa group games. They've got more to come with Espanyol over two legs in the next round. Will be interesting to see if they tire later on in the season.

Crazy to think this way but we're in a battle for Europe now, just 4 points behind Sheff Utd in 6th.

I say it every time we win 2 in a row in the League, but this is a good chance to win 3 league games in a row for the first time since Koeman. Never underestimate Wolves, but we’re a tricky outfit right now. Would I take a draw? Mmm, yes.

we usually falter when we have won 2 in a row. But off the top of my head, game 3 in previous runs have been mid-week....we have a week off for this whilst they have a cup replay at Old Trafford.

Stars are aligning for us here.

And it is their 101st game this season

Tough game, I'd take a point.

6 pointer for a Europa spot, we're only 3 points behind Wolves who sit in 7th.

Wolves have a replay on Wednesday night away to Man Utd.

Wolves season started in July in Europa league qualifiers, I saw a graph of "Most minutes played this season", which was dominated by Wolves players as they haven't made so many changes for Europa group games. They've got more to come with Espanyol over two legs in the next round. Will be interesting to see if they tire later on in the season.

Crazy to think this way but we're in a battle for Europe now, just 4 points behind Sheff Utd in 6th.

I'm hoping for four points out of the next two as a good return.

Although only 4 pts from Sheff Utd and a win on Saturday would take us level with Wolves (barring GD of course) lets not forget two poor results and we could be in the mire again.

Red cards for Jiminiz and Traore would be nice .... I'm too kind to wish an injury on either, but maybe a little tweek that needs resting would do!!

Oops meant to link it to the fact that they have mid week Cup tie ...!!

Leicester were a bit flat after theirs so maybe same for Wolves!!

Oops meant to link it to the fact that they have mid week Cup tie ...!!

Leicester were a bit flat after theirs so maybe same for Wolves!!

Hope so. Be good to get three in a row.

Good to meet you yesterday! [emoji106]

we usually falter when we have won 2 in a row. But off the top of my head, game 3 in previous runs have been mid-week....we have a week off for this whilst they have a cup replay at Old Trafford.

Stars are aligning for us here.

Forgot they are playing in the cup. Bonus.

Unlike you, he didn't have to put up with me for the actual game, just the pre and post match beer drinking!!

Talking of which when are you going to get your ar$e in gear and get to an away game?

When we spank Spurs in the Cup and get drawn away to Man City again. :)

Got a draw at their place, think they're there for the taking at the moment, they are looking a tired side.

Same team really, I'd be tempted to start with Adams. Maybe keep Djenepo from the bench.

McCarthy; Cedric Stephens Bednarek Bertrand; Hojbjerg JWP; Armstrong Redmond; Ings Adams

We've shown a lot of character and bottle to pull clear of the relegation zone, but if we're serious about being a top ten team these are the sort of games that we need to be winning. Wolves are a strong physical side, but we got a point at their place so we have to be looking to win this one, it'll be tough, but I'm hoping our good form continues, 2 - 1 Saints.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Agree. Wolves are a tough side. We haven't done well against Wolves recently, and we must not be overconfident nor complacent as a result of our heady recent successes. This is the sort of game that we can win. We want revenge but we will have to work very hard to get this home result. 2-1

Yes. Away and on Weds. There is still extra time before penalties in FA Cup replays, so we can hope.

Will be interesting to see how weak a team they put out.

We've got a game next Tuesday so will be interesting to see if the manager will have one eye on that one as well.

It's hard to want to change too much, it'll just be what the fitness shows to be honest. Back 4 I think will clearly stay the same, that works and has formed a solid basis to the surprise of most of us.

I think this will be a tough game though, Wolves are a tough nut to crack. They generally don't lose too many games or let in too many goals, so we're going to have to be very good to get a win I think.

It's really handy that our good form has come when we have games in quick succession like this, as it means we don't really lose that momentum as there are no imminent international breaks. We've picked the best time of the season to have this sort of run.

Wouldn't want us to change to much right now and hope we go with pretty much the same settled line up. Once this one is done, we can see what shape everyone is in for Palace and go from there. Interesting to see Wolves have loaned out Patrick Cutrone, the £16m Italian striker they bought in the summer, on an 18 month loan to Fiorentina. Guess that hasn't worked out for them and I wonder if they have a replacement in the pipeline?

According to a couple of Wolves fans who live up here in North Shropshire near us they believe that Wolves have 'gone off the boil' a little of late and the mid weeks games are having their toll. They both reckon we will walk off with three points as we seem to have gained much more aggressiveness and confidence over the past few weeks. I'm predicting a clean sheet win for us.

COYS

According to a couple of Wolves fans who live up here in North Shropshire near us they believe that Wolves have 'gone off the boil' a little of late and the mid weeks games are having their toll. They both reckon we will walk off with three points as we seem to have gained much more aggressiveness and confidence over the past few weeks. I'm predicting a clean sheet win for us.

COYS

Had forgotten you're another Shropshire fan. You can't be far from me, in Wem.

Lots of Wolves fans around here. Would be a very good time turn them over, especially as I'll be coming home on a trainload of them. [emoji15][emoji3525]

Tickets, unsurprisingly are flying out. Going to be close to full house perhaps

You have got Kids a Quid so expect to have the back of your seat kicked and having to get up and down to let folks out with tin lids desperate for the facilities............. Bloody great being a moany old git!!:D

Wolves supporting customers and ST holders in those parts think we will be bagging all the points.

Wolves are a strong side with some talented midfield and attacking options, and some impressive defenders. It will be a difficult game but our tenacity at the moment is a joy to watch. I think we will have too much of them but will concede first.

3-1 to the Saints. Ings and Long with one each, Redmond with the cherry on top.

Before the Spurs game I said I’d be happy with 5 points from the next 5 games and incredibly we’ve surpassed that already! Would be amazing to win 3 on the bounce and push for the top half of the table but I’m also aware just how quickly things can change. I’d take 2 points from the next 2 and guarantee ending Jan on 30 points...

You have got Kids a Quid so expect to have the back of your seat kicked and having to get up and down to let folks out with tin lids desperate for the facilities............. Bloody great being a moany old git!!:D

Wolves supporting customers and ST holders in those parts think we will be bagging all the points.

It's an odd one, kids a quid but also a cat A game so £50 a ticket in block 28 for example , plenty of those seats left not surprisingly at that price, the areas where £1 kid tickets are available (wings / behind goal) are mostly sold out now though. Wolves sold all their 3,337 allocation.

It's an odd one, kids a quid but also a cat A game so £50 a ticket in block 28 for example , plenty of those seats left not surprisingly at that price, the areas where £1 kid tickets are available (wings / behind goal) are mostly sold out now though. Wolves sold all their 3,337 allocation.

Sure we give the largest away allocation out of any club in the league. Thought it was 10% or 3000, whichever is lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sure we give the largest away allocation out of any club in the league. Thought it was 10% or 3000, whichever is lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Possibly something to do with not being able to allocate part of a block, which takes it over the statutory allowance?

Had forgotten you're another Shropshire fan. You can't be far from me, in Wem.

Lots of Wolves fans around here. Would be a very good time turn them over, especially as I'll be coming home on a trainload of them. [emoji15][emoji3525]

Not far from Wem and somewhat nearer to Wolves (3 miles from the ground). Will be interesting in my local when I don the red and white!

A must win for us.

Would probably take a draw, they are a good team, counter attack well and have lots of threat out wide. Bertrand will really have to be on his game because Troare is really developing into something quite scary, he's built like a rugby player with the speed of top sprinter, but he's added end product now. Jota on the other side is also a real threat.

Also the 3 in a row thing just doesn't seem to happen for us and we are still one of the worst teams in the league at home.

Hopefully the extra game in midweek will drain them and we'll have the more energy and nick it at the end.

They also concede a lot, they have conceded the first goal multiple times this year apparently.