Saints Vs Wolves - Build Up

jamesfp1

Traore playing down the left for Wolves tonight. Worrying if he's going to be up against Cedric.
Why? Cedric's been playing pretty well and has more pace than Bertrand.

Not that many have been able to contain Traore when he's in the groove this season.

I fear he'll mess around like Antonio a month back.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Many worried by Adama, and without jinxing it, and admitting that I haven’t watched Wolves play much, is there really much reason to be worried by him- purely looking at the stats he has 4 goals, scored in 3 matches out of 21 games played?

Watford beat them 2-1 recently and he played full 90, I have confidence we too can stop him.

Jimenez worries me more oddly enough- he might score from a corner/set piece or similar.

Traore playing down the left for Wolves tonight. Worrying if he's going to be up against Cedric.

Telegraph - 86 Mins: Adama Traore has pulled up and I think could be coming off imminently

BBC - SUBSTITUTION Is this another injury? Adama Traore is not moving too well now and he limps away as Oskar Buur comes on at wing-back.

Sounds like Traore isn’t injured, but that game last night seemed to take it out of Wolves who looked tired and now without a win in 5. After they play us they’ve got Liverpool midweek so doesn’t get any easier.

Think they’ll try and frustrate us and hit us on the break, we’ve had all week to prepare but I’ve got a feeling we’re due a bad performance to bring us back to reality after the recent good run, this game could be similar to West Ham at home.

Big chance for Adams, hope he takes it 7916729d7ca8a3d4a3a7dc92a4424746.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I want to give Adams a run as much as anyone as he has far more potential than Long but against a team tired from midweek having Longs pace to run them all over the pitch will do a lot of favours

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

He won't start. It'll be Long, and rightly so after his recent performances.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Long's been ok......but he looks gassed before the hour when he starts. Ralph doesn't seem to do half-time subs but replacing a spent Long with Adams at H/T would be my hope.

Full squad to pick from except Valery who's expected to be back in training at the end of the month

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-01-16/team-news-southampton-wolverhampton-wanderers-ralph-hasenhuttl

He posted on his Instagram last week he was back training, so perhaps he’s got to build up his fitness again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First 11 does name itself, but personally wouldn’t mind Djenepo over Armstrong in the home games for that raw pace but at the same time he does make a great impact sub so would be happy with either

I also prefer bringing Adams on in away games where he holds up ball somewhat well and has good link up about him- if it is 0-0 at say 75 mins would bring on Obafemi myself

However there are so many possibilities and I’ve not even mentioned Boufal yet!

Think they’ll try and frustrate us and hit us on the break, we’ve had all week to prepare but I’ve got a feeling we’re due a bad performance to bring us back to reality after the recent good run, this game could be similar to West Ham at home.

The game on Saturday will let us know if we fall back into old patterns (similar game to West Ham) or we will change the old pattern and show a brilliant performance again.

Beware the wounded wolf.

When we had Palace at home they were supposed to be missing half their first team, if anything this would make it more likely for Wolves to play deep rather than attack us, we struggle to break teams down like that, would definitely need the first goal.

When we had Palace at home they were supposed to be missing half their first team, if anything this would make it more likely for Wolves to play deep rather than attack us, we struggle to break teams down like that, would definitely need the first goal.

Most said the same thing about Leicester.

No, I was just being flippant. Let's just go out and beat them! I still remember the Sakanowski hat-trick all those years ago.

A defensive and tired Wolves playing deep could make it a difficult game. I'm mostly concerned that Wolves may want to 'reduce' lively Saints, as the media used to say about Southampton in the days of Saints 'Ale House' side. Slightly worried that Ings might end the game limping. I hope I'm wrong. Who s the ref?

I watched Wolves against Liverpool over the Christmas period and I haven't seen a team take Liverpool apart like they did in the second half, for a long time. They looked absolutely top class that day and should have got something from the game. Liverpool were hanging on at the end. Since then they haven't been as good. A lot of games in a short time frame added to their long season might be the reason. They still have created chances, but less clear cut, and not taken them. I thought Ruben Vinagre looked a talent when he came on in that Liverpool game and if he gets some time on the field I will be interested to see how he looks close up.

Saints are obviously riding high, but if we think the job is done and take our foot off the gas in terms of work rate and hounding teams from the front then we will be in trouble. It will be a very tough game. I'd take a draw, but confidence is high, so want a win. Need to adapt quickly to their wing backs.

I watched Wolves against Liverpool over the Christmas period and I haven't seen a team take Liverpool apart like they did in the second half, for a long time. They looked absolutely top class that day and should have got something from the game. Liverpool were hanging on at the end. Since then they haven't been as good. A lot of games in a short time frame added to their long season might be the reason. They still have created chances, but less clear cut, and not taken them. I thought Ruben Vinagre looked a talent when he came on in that Liverpool game and if he gets some time on the field I will be interested to see how he looks close up.

Saints are obviously riding high, but if we think the job is done and take our foot off the gas in terms of work rate and hounding teams from the front then we will be in trouble. It will be a very tough game. I'd take a draw, but confidence is high, so want a win. Need to adapt quickly to their wing backs.

Vinagre has done his hamstring.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk