Which one player would be the worst to lose to injury now?

norwaysaint

There are several players whose improved performance seems to be a major factor in our improved play. Which could we least do without?

Surely there are strong arguments for McCarthy, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand, JWP, Armstrong and Ings. There's a fair chance at least one will be out for a bit. Who do we hope it's not?

It would have to be Ings because his goals are so critical and we don't have another regular scorer.

Second place for me would be JWP because his form has been instrumental in our recovery and in making the new formation work without totally exposing the defence.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Hard to narrow it down to one player - our squad is on a knife-edge in so many positions.

If either full back gets injured, we're screwed. It sounds as though the manager wants that addressing this window as priority number one.

Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse are our whole midfield now. If either gets injured or suspended, human wheelie bin Romeu is the only alternative and there goes our pressing game.

And obviously Ings is our only forward who scores.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

JWP has surprised me, he is the 'engine' or the hub round which it all turns. No wonder he is first on RH team sheet, Danny has surprised me even more, I thought we had been cornered by Liverpool into buying a crock. Those two need to keep fit

Stephens, JWP or Ings. Spine and leadership of the team and not sufficient replacements for any.

For clubs like us, and a few above us like Wolves, Leicester, a successful season will always be able luck with injuries. Leicester look far lesser without Ndidi for instance. Our best starting 11 is decent and will give most teams a good game.

And all English as well as the Goalkeeper - how many teams can say that!

The turn around in form as others have identified has been largely down to the routine pic n mixing of lineups. With outfield players there maybe some benefits but for defences, good form is built on consistency, understanding of others’ game and implementing structure. None of these things are achieved in defence without a routine roll call of players, let alone square pegs in round holes.

In addition the majors contributors to the turnaround have been McCarthy in goal, JWP finding his end of season form back and truly being a box to boxer and Danny Ings up front.

I would argue those 3 players have become vital to the team now.

Yes Stephens has improved but to be honest he couldn’t get any worse. He’s improved vastly but any other half decent cb could come in and easily fill his boots with the norganisation the defence now has.

Hojbjerg intercepts well but lacks passing ability and a bit of pace for someone in his key position.

On the whole, Ralph has done a fantastic job