Allocations

Griffo

e1c4b29f39382b5be36f2842bd6d4b37.jpg

2 sides nearly sold out to saints fans... spuds have the whole of the Northam. Hundreds of tickets still available in the chapel... it won’t sell out. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Itchen sold out again - so how many empty seats will there be in the first few rows as usual? Looks like going in the Chapel is just a step too far for many of our fans - but if you like a 90 minute snooze.......

Have they stopped tweeting/advertising when the away tickets are going on sale?

I’ve signed up to get notifications of when tickets go on sale (see link), but even this comes out hours after tickets go on sale, not 2 to 3 days beforehand which would be useful

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2019-20/norwich-v-saints-2020-03-14/ticket-info

Worth noting on that link says Norwich tickets will go sale 4 to 5 weeks before game, but always worth checking both match page and ticket sales part of websites to make sure you don’t miss out, just hope they take full allocation of 2,600 for Norwich game as will sell out easily as its Saturday 3pm game

According to Man Utd website (see link below) so far this season we have given them the largest away allocation of any of their away league games, even though they have played at larger stadiums, we do seem to agree to a large away following. Also interestingly shows the number of applications and which % went to season ticket holders and other categories.

https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/match-tickets/away-games/domestic-away-games

5690 for Spurs away. Good allocation. It's a joke that they haven't matched our £10 prices though, £25 :mcinnes:

Noticeable on the article on the OS that we emphasise that the prices are set by Spurs, so you suspect we're not overly impressed either. That said, I'm sure in the past that FA Cup ticket prices had to be agreed between the two clubs because the revenue is shared...

Suspect 5690 is the maximum Spurs would give us on a "sale or return" basis, i.e. we wouldn't have to pay for any unsold tickets. Suspect that's probably a fair allocation, though, I'm not convinced we'd sell 9000 at 10 days notice, unless of course tonight's draw gives us Pompey away again :lol:

£25 is a joke considering we charged them £10, don’t think away teams get any say anymore, there’s been high profile ones like Man Utd charging £45-£50.

Annoyingly seems like our allocation will be split between lower tier and middle tier above , being spread out like that always dilutes the atmosphere a bit.

Number of tickets probably about right, 5690 midweek away would be a good turnout.

According to Man Utd website (see link below) so far this season we have given them the largest away allocation of any of their away league games, even though they have played at larger stadiums, we do seem to agree to a large away following. Also interestingly shows the number of applications and which % went to season ticket holders and other categories.

https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/match-tickets/away-games/domestic-away-games

I imagine that it might have something to do with segregation. 3000 or 10%. So we give them 3000, but practicality in segregating the fans, might mean an extra couple of seats at the ends of each row.

We need to as well to make sure we show the ticket office we can sell out this type of allocation for future games.

The league cup games against Arsenal in the past we have sold out circa 5K and I'm sure we can do the same for this one. This is in between the supposed "winter break" and also a lot of fans will not have been to the new ground.

£25 is a joke considering we charged them £10, don’t think away teams get any say anymore, there’s been high profile ones like Man Utd charging £45-£50.

Annoyingly seems like our allocation will be split between lower tier and middle tier above , being spread out like that always dilutes the atmosphere a bit.

Number of tickets probably about right, 5690 midweek away would be a good turnout.

Boro had 3,700 there in the last round but were all on the same lower level, they just got an extra block nearer the goal. We'll probably just get the normal 3,000 PL section in the corner with the extras all above, won't particularly help the atmosphere.

It was never gonna be a £10 for us, they will have little trouble shifting home tickets at £25.

I have a real problem with this.

I want to go but paying 25 quid just gives football clubs like them even more reason to do what they like.

However, i have a bigger problem with whoever is running our ticket office.

To me, it seems like that they gave the whole end to them because they offered a no return policy and knew that we would not sell out the whole stadium, which was the case. So they gave them an extra 1000 or so tickets that would have remained unsold.

I sort of get that from a financial aspect, we have got an extra 10k in revenue. Clearly it does not support the team in the slightest but they did not care about that, though getting through to the next round would probably make up that 10K, but then there is no guarantee in that, so they took the 'get rich now' option.

However, who the **** runs our ticket negotiating team? You would think that surely, acting on behalf of us, they would have stipulated that our £10 ticket offer had to be reciprocated?

Or, as the gate monies are shared I believe, our lot are clearly happy that the price is even more, which will generate more.

Whatever way you look at it, it just looks like they are ****ing us up the arse, and we have our bum stuck out, with a smile on our face.

If we had anything about us, we'd all just say no, boycott the game completely which would help neither club.

However, who the **** runs our ticket negotiating team? You would think that surely, acting on behalf of us, they would have stipulated that our £10 ticket offer had to be reciprocated?

I'm led to believe that we actually charged Spurs £20 a ticket, as per the "non-ST holders" price in home areas, but Spurs themselves decided to subsidise tickets for their fans.

I'm led to believe that we actually charged Spurs £20 a ticket, as per the "non-ST holders" price in home areas, but Spurs themselves decided to subsidise tickets for their fans.

No I don't think that's correct. I was on the Spurs website before the first game to see what their selling arrangements were. There was nothing on their site about that. If they had they would have said. Good PR and all that.

No I don't think that's correct. I was on the Spurs website before the first game to see what their selling arrangements were. There was nothing on their site about that. If they had they would have said. Good PR and all that.

yeah, you would imagine that they would have amde a big deal about subsidising tickets for the benefit of ST holders, hardly going to keep that a secret.

We should completely boycott as 6,000 empty seats will hit levy’s pocket.

However, it won’t happen and it’s pointless doing a half hearted boycott, so best to suck it up, get a ticket and get behind the boys.

Absolute exploitation by them though.. disgusting really.

All their tickets were sold to season ticket holders.

From the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust statement on the pricing:

Tickets for the original tie at St Mary’s last Saturday were priced at a very reasonable £10 for Season Ticket Holders, with any tickets going to Members charged at £20 for both home and away fans. The visiting allocation sold out to Season Ticket Holders.

We should completely boycott as 6,000 empty seats will hit levy’s pocket.

However, it won’t happen and it’s pointless doing a half hearted boycott, so best to suck it up, get a ticket and get behind the boys.

Absolute exploitation by them though.. disgusting really.

Had we charged £25 for the original tie, I doubt anybody would have batted an eyelid about that, or then the replay being charged the same amount. It's only in the context of the fact that Saints did a season ticket holder offer that their pricing now looks in any way nonsensical.

Had we charged £25 for the original tie, I doubt anybody would have batted an eyelid about that, or then the replay being charged the same amount. It's only in the context of the fact that Saints did a season ticket holder offer that their pricing now looks in any way nonsensical.

Personally, I think £20 would have been a fair price. Especially given the discount we provided.

Ultimately, if the FA don’t want early rounds of the cup to die, they need to do something about pricing.

£25 (£5 discount) for a Wednesday night, cup replay, gives no one any real incentive to go (other than it being a new ground).

However, in defence of levy, £25 for a Tottenham ticket is a decent price..

If we don’t sell this out the clowns running our ticket office will probably use it as justification for all of the poor allocations they’ve taken recently.

I think we will sell 5600, cheap coach travel, loads haven't done the ground before, people love cup away days, we've taken more than that recently to Arsenal midweek (league cup 3rd round sept 14 and league cup 1/4 Dec 16)

Tickets might cost more plus might be on BBC will put a few off travelling.

So the sales are really slow despite the low criteria to get them, i'll be amazed if we sell out at this rate. So does this put to bed the arguments about need 9k allocations or expanding stadium size?

Our own capacity is irrelevant here.

Looks like we've sold around 1500 so far, assuming all the grey seats have been sold and not just held back for some unknown reason - a couple of the blocks have suspiciously large sections of entire rows that aren't available when the trend is usually for blocks to fill up from the aisles inwards. For the first morning, I think that's pretty decent, especially considering the date, time and TV status of the game are not yet fixed, and a lot of people won't be able to buy until they get home from work this evening.

Calling all you Keyboard Warriors and Trolls.

Why not try attending a game and vent your bile in person. You may actually enjoy it. Or you might get punched in the face.

(This was a statement on behalf of those of us waiting for the lower tier to be sold out , so as they will put the middle tier on sale.)

Thank you.

Personally, I think £20 would have been a fair price. Especially given the discount we provided.

Ultimately, if the FA don’t want early rounds of the cup to die, they need to do something about pricing.

£25 (£5 discount) for a Wednesday night, cup replay, gives no one any real incentive to go (other than it being a new ground).

However, in defence of levy, £25 for a Tottenham ticket is a decent price..

I don't see how you can defend Levy on this one. Their third round home tie was £20, and we only charged them £10 for the fourth round, but he's happy to charge us £25 for the replay. Why can't it be £10 also, considering it's a mid week game in early Feb??

Anyone put off by the price bear in mind saints get an equal share of the revenue so this bumper pay day might be just what we need to convince the bank manager to let us sign Walker-Peters , dig deep and buy a ticket

You’d have thought the tv companies would have had the decency to confirm televised replays by now, doesn’t help sales that the ticket site says date / time TBC

BBC are showing Oxford v Newcastle. Still awaiting BT...

I presume we’ll be the BT game as according to this in the beeb we are the only replay taking place on the Wednesday https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51287818

All of the Tuesday replays have been confirmed except the Liverpool v Shrewsbury match where both their websites say DATE and time to be confirmed. I guess that BT are contemplating moving it to the Wednesday to televise.