Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 290

Thread: Allocations

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wessex saint View Post


    2 sides nearly sold out to saints fans... spuds have the whole of the Northam. Hundreds of tickets still available in the chapel... it won’t sell out. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Itchen sold out again - so how many empty seats will there be in the first few rows as usual? Looks like going in the Chapel is just a step too far for many of our fans - but if you like a 90 minute snooze.......

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Have they stopped tweeting/advertising when the away tickets are going on sale?
    I’ve signed up to get notifications of when tickets go on sale (see link), but even this comes out hours after tickets go on sale, not 2 to 3 days beforehand which would be useful

    https://www.southamptonfc.com/matche...14/ticket-info

    Worth noting on that link says Norwich tickets will go sale 4 to 5 weeks before game, but always worth checking both match page and ticket sales part of websites to make sure you don’t miss out, just hope they take full allocation of 2,600 for Norwich game as will sell out easily as its Saturday 3pm game

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    @matsmithdesign
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Let's hope we take the full spurs allocation and shout the house down...

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marathon training
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattio View Post
    Let's hope we take the full spurs allocation and shout the house down...
    Can’t see the club going for that on recent form.

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Canít see the club going for that on recent form.
    Youíd guess they had an agreement in place before today. So Iíd assume just over 5k at £10 a ticket


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #106

    Default

    According to Man Utd website (see link below) so far this season we have given them the largest away allocation of any of their away league games, even though they have played at larger stadiums, we do seem to agree to a large away following. Also interestingly shows the number of applications and which % went to season ticket holders and other categories.

    https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-an...tic-away-games

  7. #107

    Default

    5690 for Spurs away. Good allocation. It's a joke that they haven't matched our £10 prices though, £25

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    5690 for Spurs away. Good allocation. It's a joke that they haven't matched our £10 prices though, £25
    Noticeable on the article on the OS that we emphasise that the prices are set by Spurs, so you suspect we're not overly impressed either. That said, I'm sure in the past that FA Cup ticket prices had to be agreed between the two clubs because the revenue is shared...

    Suspect 5690 is the maximum Spurs would give us on a "sale or return" basis, i.e. we wouldn't have to pay for any unsold tickets. Suspect that's probably a fair allocation, though, I'm not convinced we'd sell 9000 at 10 days notice, unless of course tonight's draw gives us Pompey away again

  9. #109

    Default

    £25 is a joke considering we charged them £10, don’t think away teams get any say anymore, there’s been high profile ones like Man Utd charging £45-£50.

    Annoyingly seems like our allocation will be split between lower tier and middle tier above , being spread out like that always dilutes the atmosphere a bit.

    Number of tickets probably about right, 5690 midweek away would be a good turnout.

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    outtheresomewhere
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Greedy bar stewards

  11. #111

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,162

    Default

    I never would have had Spurs down as a bunch of ****s.

  12. #112

    Default

    Good chance the replay will be on tv as well.

    Not sure what they’ll do if Bournemouth draw with Arsenal, no obvious date for that replay other than same date.

  13. #113

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Marchwood
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Doubt we will get near filling that allocation at £25. At £10 that would have been a different matter.

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M271 View Post
    According to Man Utd website (see link below) so far this season we have given them the largest away allocation of any of their away league games, even though they have played at larger stadiums, we do seem to agree to a large away following. Also interestingly shows the number of applications and which % went to season ticket holders and other categories.

    https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-an...tic-away-games
    I imagine that it might have something to do with segregation. 3000 or 10%. So we give them 3000, but practicality in segregating the fans, might mean an extra couple of seats at the ends of each row.

  15. #115

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    7,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    5690 for Spurs away. Good allocation. It's a joke that they haven't matched our £10 prices though, £25
    They can jog on at that price, greedy c unts

  16. #116

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    outtheresomewhere
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Clearly then they see playing us as more of a attraction then we did playing them. 'It's only Spurs with that moaning **** Moron..io, let's make it a tenner ' ��

  17. #117

    Default

    We need to as well to make sure we show the ticket office we can sell out this type of allocation for future games.

    The league cup games against Arsenal in the past we have sold out circa 5K and I'm sure we can do the same for this one. This is in between the supposed "winter break" and also a lot of fans will not have been to the new ground.

  18. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    £25 is a joke considering we charged them £10, don’t think away teams get any say anymore, there’s been high profile ones like Man Utd charging £45-£50.

    Annoyingly seems like our allocation will be split between lower tier and middle tier above , being spread out like that always dilutes the atmosphere a bit.

    Number of tickets probably about right, 5690 midweek away would be a good turnout.
    Boro had 3,700 there in the last round but were all on the same lower level, they just got an extra block nearer the goal. We'll probably just get the normal 3,000 PL section in the corner with the extras all above, won't particularly help the atmosphere.

    It was never gonna be a £10 for us, they will have little trouble shifting home tickets at £25.

  19. #119

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    I have a real problem with this.
    I want to go but paying 25 quid just gives football clubs like them even more reason to do what they like.
    However, i have a bigger problem with whoever is running our ticket office.
    To me, it seems like that they gave the whole end to them because they offered a no return policy and knew that we would not sell out the whole stadium, which was the case. So they gave them an extra 1000 or so tickets that would have remained unsold.
    I sort of get that from a financial aspect, we have got an extra 10k in revenue. Clearly it does not support the team in the slightest but they did not care about that, though getting through to the next round would probably make up that 10K, but then there is no guarantee in that, so they took the 'get rich now' option.
    However, who the **** runs our ticket negotiating team? You would think that surely, acting on behalf of us, they would have stipulated that our £10 ticket offer had to be reciprocated?
    Or, as the gate monies are shared I believe, our lot are clearly happy that the price is even more, which will generate more.
    Whatever way you look at it, it just looks like they are ****ing us up the arse, and we have our bum stuck out, with a smile on our face.
    If we had anything about us, we'd all just say no, boycott the game completely which would help neither club.

  20. #120

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,836

    Default

    Whose going to Spurs then? Haven't been to the new ground...in fact hadn't been to the old one in 15 years or so.

    Where will away fans be drinking before hand?

  21. #121

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Whose going to Spurs then? Haven't been to the new ground...in fact hadn't been to the old one in 15 years or so.

    Where will away fans be drinking before hand?
    Have you not been reading this thread, nobody is going its too expensive

  22. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    However, who the **** runs our ticket negotiating team? You would think that surely, acting on behalf of us, they would have stipulated that our £10 ticket offer had to be reciprocated?
    I'm led to believe that we actually charged Spurs £20 a ticket, as per the "non-ST holders" price in home areas, but Spurs themselves decided to subsidise tickets for their fans.

  23. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    I'm led to believe that we actually charged Spurs £20 a ticket, as per the "non-ST holders" price in home areas, but Spurs themselves decided to subsidise tickets for their fans.
    No I don't think that's correct. I was on the Spurs website before the first game to see what their selling arrangements were. There was nothing on their site about that. If they had they would have said. Good PR and all that.

  24. #124

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richie View Post
    No I don't think that's correct. I was on the Spurs website before the first game to see what their selling arrangements were. There was nothing on their site about that. If they had they would have said. Good PR and all that.
    yeah, you would imagine that they would have amde a big deal about subsidising tickets for the benefit of ST holders, hardly going to keep that a secret.

  25. Default

    Seems that they're not overly impressed either https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/fo....34133/page-19

  26. #126

    Default

    We should completely boycott as 6,000 empty seats will hit levy’s pocket.

    However, it won’t happen and it’s pointless doing a half hearted boycott, so best to suck it up, get a ticket and get behind the boys.

    Absolute exploitation by them though.. disgusting really.

  27. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richie View Post
    No I don't think that's correct. I was on the Spurs website before the first game to see what their selling arrangements were. There was nothing on their site about that. If they had they would have said. Good PR and all that.
    All their tickets were sold to season ticket holders.

    From the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust statement on the pricing:

    Tickets for the original tie at St Mary’s last Saturday were priced at a very reasonable £10 for Season Ticket Holders, with any tickets going to Members charged at £20 for both home and away fans. The visiting allocation sold out to Season Ticket Holders.

  28. #128

    Default

    It’d be nice for saints to subsidise tickets. Even if the players dipped into their pocket as a sorry for putting us through absolute **** for 3 season.

    Pack the place and get them through.

  29. #129

    Default

    BBC 1 TV listings for Wednesday 5th Feb has a slot for FA cup 4th round replay (7.30-10pm)

    Currently we’re the only replay scheduled for that day.

  30. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    We should completely boycott as 6,000 empty seats will hit levy’s pocket.

    However, it won’t happen and it’s pointless doing a half hearted boycott, so best to suck it up, get a ticket and get behind the boys.

    Absolute exploitation by them though.. disgusting really.
    Had we charged £25 for the original tie, I doubt anybody would have batted an eyelid about that, or then the replay being charged the same amount. It's only in the context of the fact that Saints did a season ticket holder offer that their pricing now looks in any way nonsensical.

  31. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    Had we charged £25 for the original tie, I doubt anybody would have batted an eyelid about that, or then the replay being charged the same amount. It's only in the context of the fact that Saints did a season ticket holder offer that their pricing now looks in any way nonsensical.
    Personally, I think £20 would have been a fair price. Especially given the discount we provided.

    Ultimately, if the FA don’t want early rounds of the cup to die, they need to do something about pricing.

    £25 (£5 discount) for a Wednesday night, cup replay, gives no one any real incentive to go (other than it being a new ground).

    However, in defence of levy, £25 for a Tottenham ticket is a decent price..

  32. #132

    Default

    I'll try and get a ticket if possible, hopefully by Wednesday at 3pm there will be enough. It's been very difficult getting London away tickets this season, went to three last season.

  33. #133

    Default

    Well done - not one post that could be seen as anti Semitic

  34. #134

    Default

    I'll be going, whats another 15 quid. Is a joke though.

  35. #135

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,293

    Default

    If we don’t sell this out the clowns running our ticket office will probably use it as justification for all of the poor allocations they’ve taken recently.

  36. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpsaint View Post
    If we don’t sell this out the clowns running our ticket office will probably use it as justification for all of the poor allocations they’ve taken recently.
    Exactly my thoughts too...

  37. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpsaint View Post
    If we don’t sell this out the clowns running our ticket office will probably use it as justification for all of the poor allocations they’ve taken recently.
    I think we will sell 5600, cheap coach travel, loads haven't done the ground before, people love cup away days, we've taken more than that recently to Arsenal midweek (league cup 3rd round sept 14 and league cup 1/4 Dec 16)

    Tickets might cost more plus might be on BBC will put a few off travelling.

  38. #138

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northam soul View Post
    Have you not been reading this thread, nobody is going its too expensive
    It's going to be cold and lonely with me sat among 5900 empty seats.

  39. #139

    Default

    So the sales are really slow despite the low criteria to get them, i'll be amazed if we sell out at this rate. So does this put to bed the arguments about need 9k allocations or expanding stadium size?

  40. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    So the sales are really slow despite the low criteria to get them, i'll be amazed if we sell out at this rate. So does this put to bed the arguments about need 9k allocations or expanding stadium size?
    Our own capacity is irrelevant here.

    Looks like we've sold around 1500 so far, assuming all the grey seats have been sold and not just held back for some unknown reason - a couple of the blocks have suspiciously large sections of entire rows that aren't available when the trend is usually for blocks to fill up from the aisles inwards. For the first morning, I think that's pretty decent, especially considering the date, time and TV status of the game are not yet fixed, and a lot of people won't be able to buy until they get home from work this evening.

  41. Default

    Calling all you Keyboard Warriors and Trolls.

    Why not try attending a game and vent your bile in person. You may actually enjoy it. Or you might get punched in the face.

    (This was a statement on behalf of those of us waiting for the lower tier to be sold out , so as they will put the middle tier on sale.)

    Thank you.

  42. #142

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Antrim Town Northern Ireland
    Posts
    91

    Default

    There’s only about 6 or 700 left by the look of it ffs

  43. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UlsterSaint1 View Post
    There’s only about 6 or 700 left by the look of it ffs
    Of the first batch, assume they'll release the middle tier next.

  44. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Personally, I think £20 would have been a fair price. Especially given the discount we provided.

    Ultimately, if the FA don’t want early rounds of the cup to die, they need to do something about pricing.

    £25 (£5 discount) for a Wednesday night, cup replay, gives no one any real incentive to go (other than it being a new ground).

    However, in defence of levy, £25 for a Tottenham ticket is a decent price..
    I don't see how you can defend Levy on this one. Their third round home tie was £20, and we only charged them £10 for the fourth round, but he's happy to charge us £25 for the replay. Why can't it be £10 also, considering it's a mid week game in early Feb??

  45. #145

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Antrim Town Northern Ireland
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Is that how it works do you think. I’ve flights hotels etc booked for 3 lol

  46. #146

    Default

    Anyone put off by the price bear in mind saints get an equal share of the revenue so this bumper pay day might be just what we need to convince the bank manager to let us sign Walker-Peters , dig deep and buy a ticket

  47. #147

    Default

    You’d have thought the tv companies would have had the decency to confirm televised replays by now, doesn’t help sales that the ticket site says date / time TBC

  48. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UlsterSaint1 View Post
    Is that how it works do you think. Iíve flights hotels etc booked for 3 lol
    Youíll get the tickets no problem.

  49. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    7,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    You’d have thought the tv companies would have had the decency to confirm televised replays by now, doesn’t help sales that the ticket site says date / time TBC
    BBC are showing Oxford v Newcastle. Still awaiting BT...

  50. #150

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I presume we’ll be the BT game as according to this in the beeb we are the only replay taking place on the Wednesday https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51287818

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •