Allocations

Griffo

Why have we given Spurs 5300 for the cup game? 15% of capacity is 4800. There can’t be an argument about concourse segregation either as we always used to just give the 4800 with no problems for cup games.

We must be the only football club who activity encourage more away fans at our own ground whilst doing everything we can to ensure that away games for our own fans are inaccessible, shown by the pathetic away allocations at Chelsea, Leicester, Palace and Liverpool.

Added to how their treating fans with Gasworks memberships, warnings to those in blocks 1/2 after allowing away fans in executive boxes, it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

Someone at the ticket office is a div.

100% agree.

This really needs bringing up with the club at the next forum.

Spurs , Wolves, Norwich , Palace , Arsenal, Man Utd and even Pompey have all played here in the FA cup and only been given 4800 with most of block 41 and all of block40 for Saints fans.

Its not like we wouldn’t sell out at the prices the club have announced .

Clueless.

It’s not even as if the club will benefit financially, as they are selling more tickets at £10 a pop to away fans than at £20 to our own members.

And they have turned the game into what will sound like a home game for Spurs on the day. Which will be as unhelpful to our team as you can get.

Harming ourselves in many ways.

The club is out of touch and would rather Spurs foot the bill and take the guaranteed income that comes with Spurs taking 5300.

Hence why they’d rather that, and also why we take small allocations away- too scared if they don’t sell out.

Also, and disappointingly, Tottenham fans are paying half of what we have too for going to the game! I understand that it is an away game for them and most of theirs will have to pay travel costs but I would imagine that there are very few Saints fans that can get the game without paying any travel costs!

Tottenham Prices: Saints equivalent ticket!

Adults: £10 £20

Seniors over 65: £10 £15

Under 26: £10 no such offering so £20

Under 18: £5 £10

Luckily, money and travel isn't an issue for me but it is the principal that sticks in my throat! How can the club justify us paying double what they are? Poor effort by the club really

Where’s the Saints voice panel when you need them? Too busy getting people banned from Itchen North probably
We have away ticket allocations as an item for our next meeting with the club on 4 Feb. I will make sure this extends to Cup allocations at home as this seems daft. I do know they keep stats on take up for away games, in particular, and then base what they take on historic take up plus in season take up. Sadly after the years of Puel, Pellegrino & Hughes the data they use probably reflects lower recent demand.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

100% agree.

This really needs bringing up with the club at the next forum.

Spurs , Wolves, Norwich , Palace , Arsenal, Man Utd and even Pompey have all played here in the FA cup and only been given 4800 with most of block 41 and all of block40 for Saints fans.

Its not like we wouldn’t sell out at the prices the club have announced .

Clueless.

Agree, all we actually 'Have' to give them is all of block 42, seat in block 41 is usually then on the boundary with getting (segregation can come out of their allocation so we only need to give them just over 4500)

Instead saints have said stuff it lets just give them the whole stand , probably makes it easier for someone in ticket office, spurs will bring 5300 take over town, dominant atmosphere , it's going to be f*cking shlt this cup tie.

With Mourinho going for it with strongest team we'll lose despite the best efforts of Yoshida and Gunn.

Big thumbs down from me, absolute useless cretins running the club.

The allocation for away games this season has been appalling. They have no idea about fan demand. It also makes us look like we have an awful away following, when we don't. Seeing the away end at Leicester was embarrassing, when would have sold out 3000-3200 full allocation.

The allocation for away games this season has been appalling. They have no idea about fan demand. It also makes us look like we have an awful away following, when we don't. Seeing the away end at Leicester was embarrassing, when would have sold out 3000-3200 full allocation.

For Chelsea, Palace and Leicester we'd have sold 2500 minimum for each.

The club bang on about the 'support' and how helpful it is but would rather we had 1000+ less fans at away games to save themselves a few k. It's small change to them, but I can't say I'm not surprised.

Also, and disappointingly, Tottenham fans are paying half of what we have too for going to the game! I understand that it is an away game for them and most of theirs will have to pay travel costs but I would imagine that there are very few Saints fans that can get the game without paying any travel costs!

Luckily, money and travel isn't an issue for me but it is the principal that sticks in my throat! How can the club justify us paying double what they are? Poor effort by the club really

Just bought mine....

Adults £10

65+ £10

U18 £5

Maybe that is ST holders price.

You'd hope most of the Northam will take block 3 in Itchen to keep a concentrated area for atmosphere, quite a few will go to Kingsland north as well.

The jump of price to double from season ticket holders to members seems a bit unnecessary.

Just bought mine....

Adults £10

65+ £10

U18 £5

Maybe that is ST holders price.

Yes, members and others pay double for this one. I do think ST holders should pay less but double the price of the opposition too is a bit harsh and may put people off (perpetuating the problem with take up IMO).

Yes' date=' members and others pay double for this one. I do think ST holders should pay less but double the price of the opposition too is a bit harsh and may put people off (perpetuating the problem with take up IMO)[/quote']

So Saints fans that aren't members or ST holders will be paying double as home fans to what the away fans are paying?

Crazy.

So Saints fans that aren't members or ST holders will be paying double as home fans to what the away fans are paying?

Crazy.

Sort of. The club isn't allowed to charge the away team more than they charge home fans for the same type of seat. If they're doing a "season ticket holders for a tenner" deal for us, they have to offer the same to Spurs. Fair to assume that all of their 5300 allocation will be sold to season ticket holders, hence the £10 price for them.

As for away allocations, I had a lengthy phone call with the ticket office manager a few weeks ago when the Palace tickets went on sale (I'd bought in block T getting an unobstructed view, only to find that the club cancelled my ticket and moved me right into the corner because they'd incorrectly put the full allocation on sale when we'd not taken it) and they have their reasons which I would say are flakey at best.

Should the tie go to a replay, it will be interesting what allocation we would receive, as Spuds only gave Boro 3700 tickets for the game last night, accept that they have a longer journey, what would they provide for us should it be a draw. If we use the same % that we have given them, it would be over 10000, now that would be interesting!

Should the tie go to a replay, it will be interesting what allocation we would receive, as Spuds only gave Boro 3700 tickets for the game last night, accept that they have a longer journey, what would they provide for us should it be a draw. If we use the same % that we have given them, it would be over 10000, now that would be interesting!

The competition rules state they'd have to offer us up to around 9,000 (15% of capacity), but it would be fair to assume that a significant part of that big allocation would be on a guaranteed-sale basis (i.e. the club would have to pay for them all regardless of whether they sell them or not), so there's pretty much zero chance they'd actually take that allocation.

We have away ticket allocations as an item for our next meeting with the club on 4 Feb. I will make sure this extends to Cup allocations at home as this seems daft. I do know they keep stats on take up for away games, in particular, and then base what they take on historic take up plus in season take up. Sadly after the years of Puel, Pellegrino & Hughes the data they use probably reflects lower recent demand.

Make sure you absolutely hammer them for it, it’s beyond a joke.

How can their stats work?

We’ve sold out palace every season we’ve been there, probably since a Monday night under Poortvliet in 2008.

Sort of. The club isn't allowed to charge the away team more than they charge home fans for the same type of seat. If they're doing a "season ticket holders for a tenner" deal for us, they have to offer the same to Spurs. Fair to assume that all of their 5300 allocation will be sold to season ticket holders, hence the £10 price for them.

I think giving them more tickets than they need is because they don't think (with justification) that we'll sell out but I wonder if the double pricing for members is simply a mistake. Per haps they like Steve assumed that Spurs were only selling to ST holders but as Spurs are selling to members as well can't someone tell the ticket office to extend the £10 offer up to the point they go on general sale?

How can their stats work?

We’ve sold out palace every season we’ve been there, probably since a Monday night under Poortvliet in 2008.

I've not seen them. But we have asked about away allocations in previous meetings. What I'd like to ask is whether they'd be willing to share their stats with the panel (and maybe even more broadly) so we can understand the approach they take. I'm a data analyst by trade and this sort of data is something I'd feel more than comfortable reviewing!

Crazy.

It's actually just the ST holders who get tickets for a tenner. Members pay the same as those who buy when on general sale. There wasn't even a concession to the new Saints+ level of membership.

Season Ticket holders can take advantage of special reduced pricing with tickets available at £10 for adults, £10 for Over-65s and 18-25s, or £5 for Under-18s.

From 9am on Friday morning, Official Members will be able to buy tickets ahead of general sale, starting at 3pm.

Prices from Friday will be £20 for adults, £15 for Over-65s and 18-25s, or £10 for Under-18s - prices will increase on the day of the game.

It's actually just the ST holders who get tickets for a tenner. Members pay the same as those who buy when on general sale. There wasn't even a concession to the new Saints+ level of membership.

They should have just given Spurs their entitled 15% (around 4,800), extracted the seats required for segregation (as I believe you can do with away allocations - so 4,500) and then just put tickets on sale at £10 to everyone (ST holders/members first crack) and they'd have been turning them away.

The club is staffed and run by people who don't give a toss about the supporters. Our away allocations particularly for Leicester, Palace and Liverpool are disgraceful and show a club uninterested in its fans. As for giving Spurs so many tickets ffs!!!! That's suppose to help the team is it !!!!! Tossers.

This whole away allocation thing is a joke. I've missed out on Leicester and Liverpool away already. Its embarrassing seeing fans of other clubs call our support sh*t when its not the supporters fault we can't take more! Ralph always talks about how our support is so important to him and the team and telling the fans to do their bit but when we're taking literally half the away fans we could and we're giving away teams the whole of the Northam its impossible and frustrating. And now this Spurs allocation in the FA Cup is just ridiculous. Someone who has contact with the tickets manager please do something about it.

If we had given Spurs 4,500 that would have left us less than 28,000 to sell to home fans, most of that would have been snapped up at a tenner a pop by season ticket holders, the rest would have easily gone to members and others. F*ked over by our own club.

This in a nutshell.

Against Huddersfield we had just over 20,000 and hudersfield had around 350 at tops. As you point out at £10 per head against a more attractive team and a round later we would have sold out.

This whole away allocation thing is a joke. I've missed out on Leicester and Liverpool away already. Its embarrassing seeing fans of other clubs call our support sh*t when its not the supporters fault we can't take more! Ralph always talks about how our support is so important to him and the team and telling the fans to do their bit but when we're taking literally half the away fans we could and we're giving away teams the whole of the Northam its impossible and frustrating. And now this Spurs allocation in the FA Cup is just ridiculous. Someone who has contact with the tickets manager please do something about it.

Why don't you find out who the Ticket Manager is yourself & give them a piece of your mind instead of leaving to someone else?

This is a f^cking insult frankly.

Having paid for a Membership+ I'm still asked to pay twice what the away fans are paying.

Having hoped we'd got rid of the charlatans at the club (Reed & Wilson) it's a timely reminder that we still have morons and muppets running it (for the anonymous Gao).

Tweets like this don't help matters either...

Either there's a worrying lack of self-awareness over away allocations from the powers that be at the club or, perhaps even more worrying, an abundance of arrogance and/or incompetence about it...

cf66e064dca1b7151c019fe20796f51c.jpg

We have away ticket allocations as an item for our next meeting with the club on 4 Feb.

Even if, at the meeting, they manage to justify taking the lower allocations, please can you suggest to them that they don't post gloating tweets about selling out away ends.... Firstly it's misleading and secondly it's borderline Pompey levels of tinpottery. Cheers.

Edited by trousers

Serious question, have we got a skate running our ticket office?

This is definitely a fair question. Something is up here and it's f**king bull****. Can someone in the area - perhaps a few people - go down to SMS and demand answers, respectfully but unabashedly? It's easy to ignore emails and tweets, not so easy to ignore frustrated humans knocking at the door.

Also who is going to the next club Q&A? Don't allow them off the hook. Shout out even if you're not invited to.