Allocations

Griffo

Tweets like this don't help matters either...

Either there's a worrying lack of self-awareness over away allocations from the powers that be at the club or, perhaps even more worrying, an abundance of arrogance and/or incompetence about it...

cf66e064dca1b7151c019fe20796f51c.jpg

Also makes it look like a Darby & Joan type of day out. Which it might very well be on the famed BingoBus.

Had a conversation with one of the members of staff over the phone about Liverpool. He claimed “Liverpool always sells out quite quickly” no response when I questioned surely that’s an indication we should have taken more.

Conspiracy theory: any correlation that we’ve taken 1200 for both Leicester and Palace, happens to be the amount of tickets that will go on sell for Bournemouth? I genuinely believe it’s an attempt to get the same people turning up every week and lower the ‘undesirable’. Imagine the fact Portsmouth had a few more turn up than our allocation would have riled up the police team.

Its a shame ticketing ever got to the stage of 'sell or pay anyway', but i suppose now that most grounds are over 90% full they can carry on with this game.

You simply cant expect the club to pay out large lumps of money on unsold tickets, 200 x 30 £6000, 600 x 30 £18,000 thats the reality.

Its a shame ticketing ever got to the stage of 'sell or pay anyway', but i suppose now that most grounds are over 90% full they can carry on with this game.

You simply cant expect the club to pay out large lumps of money on unsold tickets, 200 x 30 £6000, 600 x 30 £18,000 thats the reality.

What if having more fans at every away game was enough to tip the balance and boost team performance by one league place come the end of the season?

In that scenario, would it be more cost effective to bag the additional prize money or forego the extra place and save money by not risking selling out the larger allocation...? #hypothetically

Had a conversation with one of the members of staff over the phone about Liverpool. He claimed “Liverpool always sells out quite quickly” no response when I questioned surely that’s an indication we should have taken more.

Conspiracy theory: any correlation that we’ve taken 1200 for both Leicester and Palace, happens to be the amount of tickets that will go on sell for Bournemouth? I genuinely believe it’s an attempt to get the same people turning up every week and lower the ‘undesirable’. Imagine the fact Portsmouth had a few more turn up than our allocation would have riled up the police team.

Plenty of undesirables in the 1200 anyway, you see the lads at Leicester?

Tweets like this don't help matters either...

Either there's a worrying lack of self-awareness over away allocations from the powers that be at the club or, perhaps even more worrying, an abundance of arrogance and/or incompetence about it...

cf66e064dca1b7151c019fe20796f51c.jpg

This tweet seriously wound me up. They clearly don't have a clue what the fans are saying or writing on forums and social media platforms. I've not seen so many people complaining about away allocations before. For some bizarre reason we have always taken a snall allocation to Chelsea, but the Palace and Leicester allocations are an absolute farce.

My understanding on the Liverpool allocation is that there was a concern that if there were too many tickets available for “general sale” to fans on the Saints database, they would end up in the hands of people supporting Liverpool.

If true, it is one of the few bits of “logic” coming from the ticket office which I have some sympathy with.

Not that this logic could apply for Leicester or Palace away......

This tweet seriously wound me up. They clearly don't have a clue what the fans are saying or writing on forums and social media platforms. I've not seen so many people complaining about away allocations before. For some bizarre reason we have always taken a snall allocation to Chelsea, but the Palace and Leicester allocations are an absolute farce.

I think we're still getting punished because we once didn't sell out a full allocation at Chelsea a few years ago when away fans were getting ripped off and tickets up there cost well over £50. Taking just 1,200 for Leicester on a Saturday and also a smaller allocation for Palace is ridiculous. Palace allocation is 1,756 (out of an entitled 2,500).

I think we're still getting punished because we once didn't sell out a full allocation at Chelsea a few years ago when away fans were getting ripped off and tickets up there cost well over £50. Taking just 1,200 for Leicester on a Saturday and also a smaller allocation for Palace is ridiculous. Palace allocation is 1,756 (out of an entitled 2,500).

We’ve only taken the full allocation once since we’ve been back up, in 2017 and we sold out.

My understanding on the Liverpool allocation is that there was a concern that if there were too many tickets available for “general sale” to fans on the Saints database, they would end up in the hands of people supporting Liverpool.

If true, it is one of the few bits of “logic” coming from the ticket office which I have some sympathy with.

Not that this logic could apply for Leicester or Palace away......

I don't understand this logic for the Liverpool tickets. Take the full allocation and only sell to season ticket holders, membership plus holders and members. More than enough fans before going on general sale.

We’ve only taken the full allocation once since we’ve been back up, in 2017 and we sold out.

I'm sure there's been one occasion (maybe when we were on Sky?) we didn't sell out and I can't believe it was anything less than the full allocation. And at £50+ I wouldn't blame any fan for giving it a swerve.

If they're worried about having to foot the bill for unsold tickets why don't they have fans register their intent to purchase a few weeks before they go on sale?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Fck that. How about some business genius at the club works out what we all know? Incompetent pr1cks.

I'm sure there's been one occasion (maybe when we were on Sky?) we didn't sell out and I can't believe it was anything less than the full allocation. And at £50+ I wouldn't blame any fan for giving it a swerve.

We’ve only played them away once on a Saturday 3pm, that will be their excuse.

That’s the only time we’ve taken 3000.

This! I was told it was based on previous attendances when I complained about the Chelsea allocation the year after that game as the £30 cap had then come in and Virgin Media were subsidising £10 per ticket. Less than half the cost from the season before and they still took the smallest allocation!

I think the club has outsourced ticket office activity to business studies students at Southampton college as some of the decisions they make show they are making it up as they go.

My theory is we take these small allocations in the hope it will sell out to season ticket holders creating the perception that you have to have a season ticket to access away matches in the misguided hope it will help sell more season tickets.

I’ve lost count of the number of people who have asked about spares for palace next week, full allocation there is only 2700 we’d have easily sold that.

The 3000 allocation for West Ham away already close to selling out, bet we’d have taken a small allocation there as well if we could (but West Ham can’t split due to segregation so must just offer the whole lot)

I have bought tickets for the Spurs game, but rather regret doing it now. Didn't realise that the whole of the Northam was going to them. For the sake of £10 x 5300, they've well and truly ****ed the game before it even starts. Well actually it's less than £53k as we have to give an allocation. Let's call it £20,000. The club has ****ed itself (and us) over for the sake of £20,000

£20,000

Incredible.

Edit - actually it would be even less than that, given the likely uptake by home fans.

Edited by angelman

I have bought tickets for the Spurs game, but rather regret doing it now. Didn't realise that the whole of the Northam was going to them. For the sake of £10 x 5300, they've well and truly ****ed the game before it even starts. Well actually it's less than £53k as we have to give an allocation. Let's call it £20,000. The club has ****ed itself (and us) over for the sake of £20,000

£20,000

Incredible.

Edit - actually it would be even less than that, given the likely uptake by home fans.

The way tickets sales are going, it looks as though there aren't going to be enough tickets for our fans. But, that's the way our ticket office operates nowadays: let the opposition have as many tickets as possible and take the smallest possible allocation they can for our own fans.

It's actually just the ST holders who get tickets for a tenner. Members pay the same as those who buy when on general sale. There wasn't even a concession to the new Saints+ level of membership.

Perhaps they read this forum or have seen negative comments on social media but looks like £10 price extended to 3pm today to include members

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2019-20/fa-cup/saints-v-spurs-2020-01-25/ticket-info

Once season ticket holder seats unpurchased are released at 9am there will be loads of availability.

I just bought 6 seats behind the tunnel for our 6 ST holders from different parts of the ground, £10 plus £1.25 booking fee as usual, no problem, I would say less than half the ST holders have taken their seats and there will be more than enough if you look at the seat map now.

Perhaps they read this forum or have seen negative comments on social media but looks like £10 price extended to 3pm today to include members

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2019-20/fa-cup/saints-v-spurs-2020-01-25/ticket-info

Once season ticket holder seats unpurchased are released at 9am there will be loads of availability.

And there certainly is. Loads of green spaces around the stadium, which is probably the reason members are now being enticed with the £10 ticket deal...

I just bought 6 seats behind the tunnel for our 6 ST holders from different parts of the ground, £10 plus £1.25 booking fee as usual, no problem, I would say less than half the ST holders have taken their seats and there will be more than enough if you look at the seat map now.

Yeah I’m surprised, would have thought with Northam season ticket holders needing to relocate the Kingsland North and Itchen North would sell quickly, but not the case.

The club is out of touch and would rather Spurs foot the bill and take the guaranteed income that comes with Spurs taking 5300.

Hence why they’d rather that, and also why we take small allocations away- too scared if they don’t sell out.

This is probably spot on to be fair. Give Spurs all the tickets they'll take, guaranteed revenue rather than risk not selling out to our owns fans.

I emailed Matthew Silvester who runs the ticket office about this 2 weeks ago and didn't even get a courtesy email back, the lack of respect for fans at the club right now is unbelievable.
The same chap that used to run the West Ham ticket office?

It does annoy me that the club are more concerned about not losing money on unsold tickets rather than giving fans the opportunity to watch their team play away. So what if 300 tickets at £30.00 aren't sold. Its £9000.00 (half a week's pay for a player warming the bench) whilst potentially keeping 700 fans happy (if we'd taken the 2200 on offer at Leicester as an example). I did e-mail the ticket office asking them how their decisions were made. If anyone's interested here is the correspondence from both myself and the ticket office. I've yet to receive a reply to my last e-mail.

Good afternoon

As a regular away attendee of our matches and knowing how much our support is appreciated by the players and manager, I find it incredible that you restrict the opportunities of other Southampton fans to watch their team play away.

The allocations taken at Chelsea, Leicester and Liverpool are an insult to the fans. Rather than being scared of losing a few pounds in unsold tickets, how about encouraging fans who are prepared to spend their hard earned money to watch their team. 3000 fans went to Villa following some absolutely dreadful performances. Thankfully the team have improved and fans would like to be a part of it. 1200 at Leicester was pathetic and the Leicester fans let us know it! We’ve always sold out at Palace so why take so few tickets.

Who is making these decisions and does anyone communicate with the fan’s groups?

As for allowing Spurs to have more than their entitled allocation and taking over the whole of the Northam (where the home fans sit), who made that decision? Do you not value the home support? We’ve had to watch such dross over the past three years and now we’re on a bit of a roll you have restricted the home fans chances of seeing their team.

I suggest you read the following in case you are in any doubt https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?61642-Allocations

I hope to hear from you.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I can understand your frustration on the away allocations which are chosen by the club.

When the other clubs offer us different allocations the club then make the decision what they feel is the best option to take.

In regards to the FA Cup game you have to give the away club a larger allocation as that’s the rules set by the FA.

Tottenham decided to take the full allocation so we have to allow them as it’s a rule set by the FA I know its not the greatest but we just simply have to follow the rules.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Ticket Office

Good afternoon

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply.

Your response of - When the other clubs offer us different allocations the club then make the decision what they feel is the best option to take. This doesn’t explain how the decision is made which is why a lot of fans are angry about the allocations requested. Not requesting more than 1200 at Leicester was totally ludicrous and showed complete contempt towards the fans. The club could have taken the 2200 and sold them easily. How are the decisions made and what are they based upon? Previous demand is not always a good barometer for checking. Consideration should be given to the current form of the team and the kick off-time and date. It would appear that the club are more concerned in not losing money by not selling all the tickets allocated (a pittance compared to the wage bill) rather than looking after the fans’ interests and that of the team and players who always voice their appreciation of the travelling fans.

As for the Tottenham match we as a club are only obliged to offer them 4800. It would appear that the club want the Tottenham fans to feel at home!

I know that you probably don’t make the decisions but as you work in the office please would you ask your superiors to consider the fans rather than Gao’s pocket.

Thank you.

Kind regards

I emailed Matthew Silvester who runs the ticket office about this 2 weeks ago and didn't even get a courtesy email back, the lack of respect for fans at the club right now is unbelievable.
Emailed the club twice about two different issues and got nothing back. It's not just the ticket office that has zero customer service skills.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It does annoy me that the club are more concerned about not losing money on unsold tickets rather than giving fans the opportunity to watch their team play away. So what if 300 tickets at £30.00 aren't sold. Its £9000.00 (half a week's pay for a player warming the bench) whilst potentially keeping 700 fans happy (if we'd taken the 2200 on offer at Leicester as an example). I did e-mail the ticket office asking them how their decisions were made. If anyone's interested here is the correspondence from both myself and the ticket office. I've yet to receive a reply to my last e-mail.

Good afternoon

As a regular away attendee of our matches and knowing how much our support is appreciated by the players and manager, I find it incredible that you restrict the opportunities of other Southampton fans to watch their team play away.

The allocations taken at Chelsea, Leicester and Liverpool are an insult to the fans. Rather than being scared of losing a few pounds in unsold tickets, how about encouraging fans who are prepared to spend their hard earned money to watch their team. 3000 fans went to Villa following some absolutely dreadful performances. Thankfully the team have improved and fans would like to be a part of it. 1200 at Leicester was pathetic and the Leicester fans let us know it! We’ve always sold out at Palace so why take so few tickets.

Who is making these decisions and does anyone communicate with the fan’s groups?

As for allowing Spurs to have more than their entitled allocation and taking over the whole of the Northam (where the home fans sit), who made that decision? Do you not value the home support? We’ve had to watch such dross over the past three years and now we’re on a bit of a roll you have restricted the home fans chances of seeing their team.

I suggest you read the following in case you are in any doubt https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?61642-Allocations

I hope to hear from you.

Regards

Good Afternoon

I can understand your frustration on the away allocations which are chosen by the club.

When the other clubs offer us different allocations the club then make the decision what they feel is the best option to take.

In regards to the FA Cup game you have to give the away club a larger allocation as that’s the rules set by the FA.

Tottenham decided to take the full allocation so we have to allow them as it’s a rule set by the FA I know its not the greatest but we just simply have to follow the rules.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Ticket Office

Good afternoon

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply.

Your response of - When the other clubs offer us different allocations the club then make the decision what they feel is the best option to take. This doesn’t explain how the decision is made which is why a lot of fans are angry about the allocations requested. Not requesting more than 1200 at Leicester was totally ludicrous and showed complete contempt towards the fans. The club could have taken the 2200 and sold them easily. How are the decisions made and what are they based upon? Previous demand is not always a good barometer for checking. Consideration should be given to the current form of the team and the kick off-time and date. It would appear that the club are more concerned in not losing money by not selling all the tickets allocated (a pittance compared to the wage bill) rather than looking after the fans’ interests and that of the team and players who always voice their appreciation of the travelling fans.

As for the Tottenham match we as a club are only obliged to offer them 4800. It would appear that the club want the Tottenham fans to feel at home!

I know that you probably don’t make the decisions but as you work in the office please would you ask your superiors to consider the fans rather than Gao’s pocket.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Can’t believe they tried fobbing you off by claiming Spurs are allowed more tickets and that’s why they’ve got the whole of the Northam. Surely that’s just the scripted response, they can’t actually think that’s going to work on us when we know it’s bull****.

Just a note on away allocations, we've already sold out the 3000 allocation for West Ham away over a month before the game.

And that's despite everyone knowing that the upper tier there is about 3 miles from the pitch. Probably fair to assume that the only reason we've got 3000 for that game is because it's basically impossible to segregate that area to a smaller number, so West Ham will offer the full 3000 on a sale-or-return basis (i.e. no risk to the away club if they don't sell out) to everyone.

And that's despite everyone knowing that the upper tier there is about 3 miles from the pitch. Probably fair to assume that the only reason we've got 3000 for that game is because it's basically impossible to segregate that area to a smaller number, so West Ham will offer the full 3000 on a sale-or-return basis (i.e. no risk to the away club if they don't sell out) to everyone.

Mt first trip to the London stadium. I am right at the back of the upper tier!!!

After chasing up a reply I finally so have one from Matthew, see below

When selecting an allocation on an away match, a number of factors are looked at. This includes previous visits, other away games at similar times of year, recent demand on away matches, form, match day kick off & time and whether the match is televised.

With away matches in the Premier League we are provided with select options from away teams and must make a decision at least 30 days ahead of the match. Failure to sell a high percentage of that allocation means we must pay the full price of any remaining tickets. You may have noticed that in recent months we have aimed to go on sale around 5 weeks ahead of games (as long as TV scheduling is confirmed) and one with ‘initial allocations’ on our sales information. This is so we can go on sale ahead of the 30 day deadline, see initial demand and try to be flexible, as well as taking into consideration our other factors, before making a final decision.

In an ideal world, we would love to take the maximum allocation to each game. We want to give every chance to allow as many fans to follow and support the team, but also have to make the correct decision and not take tickets that will not sell. Unfortunately the demand is not always there and also form has a huge impact on this. There are also a number of times where we would ideally take an allocation in between the options given. In these cases we ask the question of flexibility on both allocations and decision dates, but this is not always agreed to.

This season, when a lower than maximum allocation has been taken, tickets have been available at every window for Season Ticket Holders and Saint+ members. If we look at a couple of examples. For Chelsea we took the same allocation as last season and this match reached on sale to those with a previous booking history (Chelsea have a policy of insisting matches should not go to General Sale). With Leicester, we went on sale and initial demand was low. We went on sale at a time when form was poor in mid December. The match went through our priority windows, giving all season ticket holders and members the chance to purchase. Still with a large number of tickets available, we had to make the decision. The game then went to general sale for 10 days before reaching sell out. This was also the same allocation that we took last year.

With Crystal Palace, again, this went on sale Mid December, is midweek in January which is historically a low sales time for the club being post-Christmas. On the first day of sale, we sold around 35% of the sales made on Day 1 of sale for this match the previous season. The match in 18/19 was on a Saturday at the beginning of the season so was always going to be higher demand, but this demand demonstrated why we would make a lower decision. Upon demand rising with form in recent weeks, we enquired with Crystal Palace to see how their sales were and whether there was a possibility of further tickets on a sale or return basis to which they agreed to around a week before the match and were put on sale straight away.

On Liverpool, this is the same allocation we have taken for a number of years at Anfield and the decision was made towards the end of December. Included in this decision was taking into account recent matches in the North West including the Saturday 3pm kick off at Manchester City earlier this season where the game sold 1200 despite being on general sale for 3 and a half weeks and had also been on sale prior to the cup draw against them.

All season ticket holders and members were able to purchase tickets against Liverpool. Ideally on this, we would have had slightly more, but the allocation options did not allow this and it would have been a very high number of further sales required – around 1200, when last year, following member sale sold under 40% of that number in 3 weeks. We also had reports after of Liverpool fans in the away area who had bought sold on tickets. As stated previously, all Season Ticket Holders and Saint+ members have had windows to buy tickets on all of these matches with a number going to general sale.

Have they stopped tweeting/advertising when the away tickets are going on sale?

Yes. Been buying for years and they always sent out information a few days before going on sale. Now it’s literally ‘they’re on sale now’

Really annoying when I have to organise tickets for 4 other people with no notice at all.

Yes. Been buying for years and they always sent out information a few days before going on sale. Now it’s literally ‘they’re on sale now’

Really annoying when I have to organise tickets for 4 other people with no notice at all.

Agreed - very irritating, and this was why I initially missed out on Palace.

I have the same problem as I have to buy a group of tickets and its is annoying, you don't even get the tickets now when you buy them they are either sent out or in my case have to go and collect them from the TO as order more than 6. Another thing when booking tickets online for a group why do they charge you £1.25 for each ticket and not £1.25 for the transaction. I had to pay out another £12.50 when recently ordering 10 tickets as could not get to the ground to order them.

After chasing up a reply I finally so have one from Matthew, see below

To be fair that's a pretty comprehensive answer.

But surely it's not beyond them to come up with some kind of "Register your interest" scheme for away games. Not to guarantee a ticket, and no obligation to purchase but if fans could make it known they want to go to certain away game(s) that could be indicated to the club as early as possible and give them a better idea of numbers. Current form and/or tv schedules will always mean some won't decide until nearer the time but there always some games that people pick because of the opposition, or the location, or just down to time of year, and that could be entered as soon as the fixtures come out. It won't be accurate but at least it may indicate a demand trend to the ticket office.

I don't think they are taking into account the 30 quid max now, whereby sales at places like Chelsea and Man City especially they used to charge 50/55 quid.... for a near certain loss!!

This season's Man City allocation was made before the Cup Tie which diluted the number sold with not many people able to make both.

Had we not been drawn against them I expect we'd have sold many more, even sold out the amount they chose.

It's fine to say tickets go on sale 6 weeks ahead, but that, especially over a busy Xmas period is too early for people to commit. If they sent reminders, or updates on OS of how ticket sales are going,

it would re-focus fans need to get their act together and purchase. I missed out initially on Leicester for this very reason, but luckily got one through a friend who couldn't make it last minute.

It's a bit cute of them to say Liverpool made Members +, I think the last few left got snapped up on the morning they were available to Members +, which once again,

I would have missed out on as I wasn't able to be at a computor that day to make a booking, even if I'd known they were available to me .... as per not advising Members Plus of when tickets are available ...

although I do get reminders for home games that aren't likely to sell out!!

The we'd have to pay for unsold tickets is obviously true, but I'll tell you what ......

......... stop spending money on crass gimmicks like those frigging clackers and stupid pre match fireworks/flame throwers etc and use that money as a kitty to cover any shortfalls in sales.

I don't think they are taking into account the 30 quid max now, whereby sales at places like Chelsea and Man City especially they used to charge 50/55 quid.... for a near certain loss!!

This season's Man City allocation was made before the Cup Tie which diluted the number sold with not many people able to make both.

Had we not been drawn against them I expect we'd have sold many more, even sold out the amount they chose.

It's fine to say tickets go on sale 6 weeks ahead, but that, especially over a busy Xmas period is too early for people to commit. If they sent reminders, or updates on OS of how ticket sales are going,

it would re-focus fans need to get their act together and purchase. I missed out initially on Leicester for this very reason, but luckily got one through a friend who couldn't make it last minute.

It's a bit cute of them to say Liverpool made Members +, I think the last few left got snapped up on the morning they were available to Members +, which once again,

I would have missed out on as I wasn't able to be at a computor that day to make a booking, even if I'd known they were available to me .... as per not advising Members Plus of when tickets are available ...

although I do get reminders for home games that aren't likely to sell out!!

The we'd have to pay for unsold tickets is obviously true, but I'll tell you what ......

......... stop spending money on crass gimmicks like those frigging clackers and stupid pre match fireworks/flame throwers etc and use that money as a kitty to cover any shortfalls in sales.

And Chelsea last season was on Wednesday 2nd Jan. This year... Boxing Day.

Also, twice I requested that e-mail notification and still don't get anything. Didn't really matter at first as were always given a few days notice. Since the 9-0, they seem too embarrassed to advertise when the tickets are going on sale

Understand the frustration with away allocations... will be interesting to see if the official stance changes given the official reply states that they take form into account.

Back to the OP ref spurs tomorrow. As much I dislike the decision to let them have the whole of the Northam, I’ve just looked and still lots of tickets available in the chapel. Kind of vindicates their decision. 27k a available to saints and we can’t sell out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Understand the frustration with away allocations... will be interesting to see if the official stance changes given the official reply states that they take form into account.

Back to the OP ref spurs tomorrow. As much I dislike the decision to let them have the whole of the Northam, I’ve just looked and still lots of tickets available in the chapel. Kind of vindicates their decision. 27k a available to saints and we can’t sell out.

It's already sold out on 3 sides; there are a few seats left in the Chapel but they will be sold out by tomorrow.

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/VisualSeatSelection.aspx?stadium=SM&product=FH19FO&campaign=&type=H&productsubtype=HOME&productIsHomeAsAway=N

It's already sold out on 3 sides; there are a few seats left in the Chapel but they will be sold out by tomorrow.

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/VisualSeatSelection.aspx?stadium=SM&product=FH19FO&campaign=&type=H&productsubtype=HOME&productIsHomeAsAway=N

e1c4b29f39382b5be36f2842bd6d4b37.jpg

2 sides nearly sold out to saints fans... spuds have the whole of the Northam. Hundreds of tickets still available in the chapel... it won’t sell out.

I’ve signed up to get notifications of when tickets go on sale (see link), but even this comes out hours after tickets go on sale, not 2 to 3 days beforehand which would be useful

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2019-20/norwich-v-saints-2020-03-14/ticket-info

Worth noting on that link says Norwich tickets will go sale 4 to 5 weeks before game, but always worth checking both match page and ticket sales part of websites to make sure you don’t miss out, just hope they take full allocation of 2,600 for Norwich game as will sell out easily as its Saturday 3pm game

I’ve signed up to get notifications of when tickets go on sale (see link), but even this comes out hours after tickets go on sale, not 2 to 3 days beforehand which would be useful

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2019-20/norwich-v-saints-2020-03-14/ticket-info

Worth noting on that link says Norwich tickets will go sale 4 to 5 weeks before game, but always worth checking both match page and ticket sales part of websites to make sure you don’t miss out, just hope they take full allocation of 2,600 for Norwich game as will sell out easily as its Saturday 3pm game