Allocations

Griffo

Shame the question of why we give away fans more than we have to for cup games never came up.

Not likely that the Saints Voice will ever bring that up when one of them was "campaigning" on being a champion of away fans visiting St Mary's...

The question was asked but seemingly there's not an answer in the notes from the club:

In regard to teams visiting St. Marys, it seems like we are giving larger allocations or giving them lots of late options. Are we able to be more authoritative with other Clubs? Block 43 in the Northam only goes on sale a week or so before a game, and then its empty and you see on MOTD that it looks like we have a terrible fan base.

As I recall, the discussion veered more into how our own away allocations are derived but that doesn't mean an unanswered element can't be re-visited at a later time. I have to be honest and say I can't recall an answer to that specific point but I do think the club tried to answer as openly about allocations as they could in the time available (there was quite a bit to cover), as it was an issue they really wanted to respond to having seen stuff online and in contact with individual fans too.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

The question was asked but seemingly there's not an answer in the notes from the club:

As I recall, the discussion veered more into how our own away allocations are derived but that doesn't mean an unanswered element can't be re-visited at a later time. I have to be honest and say I can't recall an answer to that specific point but I do think the club tried to answer as openly about allocations as they could in the time available (there was quite a bit to cover), as it was an issue they really wanted to respond to having seen stuff online and in contact with individual fans too.

Genuine question why was someone putting themselves forward to represent Saints fans on this platform?

"I’ve been to every single ground nearly that I can think of and I enjoy meeting away fans from different cities, communicating with them to also enhance the away atmosphere at the stadium." (link https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-11-29/saints-voice-panel-voting-southampton-fc)

Why in gods name would we want to improve the away atmosphere at St Mary's? I'm sure i'm not alone in wanting the away atmosphere ruined in our ground, in fact i don't want visiting fans to enjoy coming, i want them to hate it and come in smaller numbers.

Genuine question why was someone putting themselves forward to represent Saints fans on this platform?

"I’ve been to every single ground nearly that I can think of and I enjoy meeting away fans from different cities, communicating with them to also enhance the away atmosphere at the stadium." (link https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-11-29/saints-voice-panel-voting-southampton-fc)

Why in gods name would we want to improve the away atmosphere at St Mary's? I'm sure i'm not alone in wanting the away atmosphere ruined in our ground, in fact i don't want visiting fans to enjoy coming, i want them to hate it and come in smaller numbers.

"Dave Johnson

I've been a fan of the club since 1976..." - Glory Hunter

No idea! And not something I can ask them as they didn't make it onto the Panel.

For me, away fan experience is to safely enter and exit our ground, spending their money to bolster our coffers and leave having seen their team soundly beaten and their fans thoroughly out sung. Not sure we've achieved bits of that too often in recent times... :D

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Unfortunately, and not the club’s fault, but some fans hang back from away ticket sales as they know if they jump straight in they generally get the worse seats on offer. The longer sales go on the more chance you’ve got of not being stuck in the corner.

That's no longer an issue because you can select your seat from the seat plan, even for away games. Unless there are games where the club isn't allowed to put certain blocks on sale until others have been (mostly) filled, you can pick your seat from day one.

That's no longer an issue because you can select your seat from the seat plan, even for away games. Unless there are games where the club isn't allowed to put certain blocks on sale until others have been (mostly) filled, you can pick your seat from day one.

You'd know more than me but the few aways I've done in recent times have generally been sold from the corners out meaning just holding back for a bit sees better seats become available, usually nearer the centre of an 'end'. Spurs in the cup was a good example, the last blocks released were behind the goal in the upper tier, which must have been the best view of the game from the visiting section.

I can only see block one on the ticket website, but it says we have both 1 & 2. I have already got tickets in block 2, so something odd happening on the website.

When blocks are sold out they (eventually) get removed from the dropdown box.

You'd know more than me but the few aways I've done in recent times have generally been sold from the corners out meaning just holding back for a bit sees better seats become available, usually nearer the centre of an 'end'. Spurs in the cup was a good example, the last blocks released were behind the goal in the upper tier, which must have been the best view of the game from the visiting section.

Many clubs will tell away clubs that they have to sell tickets in a particular order so that if a lot are returned unsold they can still be sold to home fans with segregation netting/barriers moved, etc. Because we had a big allocation at Spurs, Saints took the (not unreasonable, IMO) decision to put the lower tier tickets on sale first, and then when they were mostly sold they opened up half of the upper tier and then the other half after that. Most of them these days, because the club has already decided which allocation it is taking, they just put the whole lot on sale and let people take their pick - the right move, IMO, as those who are highest up the list of attended games get first dibs on what they perceive to be the "best" seats.

Never got an email saying they were on sale, which is annoying if they are sold out already.

I got an email yesterday morning saying they were on sale to me. Theoretically the email gets sent out on the morning of when your customer number is eligible to purchase. Today, it was down to ST holders with 2 or more aways this season.

They really should be sending this information out in advance, though, rather than at 10am on the morning they're on sale...

its sold out now

Christ that was quick. Never thought it would sell out that quick. I'm saints plus member.

Last season there were a few empty seats, think was April

time, though was mid week.

£5 kids tickets were appealing no doubt.

Wonder if club will take a other batch.... if that's an option?

I got an email yesterday morning saying they were on sale to me. Theoretically the email gets sent out on the morning of when your customer number is eligible to purchase. Today, it was down to ST holders with 2 or more aways this season.

They really should be sending this information out in advance, though, rather than at 10am on the morning they're on sale...

Agreed - but I'm an ST holder with a good seven or eight aways and never got anything. Ho-hum.

Should take full allocation for United and probably Everton as well, Utd would easily sell out, Everton wouldn't be far off either.

Haven't been to Old Trafford for a few years but thinking of going up with my nipper. What allocation do we usually take & what's the criteria like? ... I am season ticket holder with a handful of ways this season

I qualified but never got an email. You are better off following SFC on FB or Twitter tbh.

And you just got to be a bit proactive in knowing when they are on sale.

I start checking on the website about 6 weeks prior to the game I want to go to. A few days before the tickets go on sale the website will advise “ticket information”, that’ll tell you when they go on sale. Why do you need to wait for an email, it takes about 45 seconds of my time to check the website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I start checking on the website about 6 weeks prior to the game I want to go to. A few days before the tickets go on sale the website will advise “ticket information”, that’ll tell you when they go on sale. Why do you need to wait for an email, it takes about 45 seconds of my time to check the website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with that. Though the ticket selling info will go up on the website about 5 weeks before a game. However sometimes there will be an article on the website about tje game sometimes there isn't. TBH if you want to go to a game enough you'll be on the ball and proactive about it.

Should take full allocation for United and probably Everton as well, Utd would easily sell out, Everton wouldn't be far off either.

We NEVER sell out at Goodison, even under Hughes when it was a massive relegation game. We took the full allocation but the upper tier had loads of empty seats. Taking the full allocation here will just throw money away and justify the clubs stance elsewhere when indeed we should take larger allocations. This game isn't one of them.

Haven't been to Old Trafford for a few years but thinking of going up with my nipper. What allocation do we usually take & what's the criteria like? ... I am season ticket holder with a handful of ways this season

Last year we took an allocation of 2400 which sold out but a few tickets made general sale.

If you and the nipper have season tickets you’d easily get tickets for this.

Was reasonably easy to get tickets last year as was only in March, this will be our second last away game but with a season ticket you won't have any issues.

Was reasonably easy to get tickets last year as was only in March, this will be our second last away game but with a season ticket you won't have any issues.

And as our last away is Bournemouth where we'll get under 1,200, Man U tickets will be in demand for a last away day for many so hopefully they'll take the full allocation. Not worth taking the full lot for Everton as it's just 7 days before and always the least appealing to our fans and the long, slow haul up to the numerous games in the north west.

We NEVER sell out at Goodison, even under Hughes when it was a massive relegation game. We took the full allocation but the upper tier had loads of empty seats. Taking the full allocation here will just throw money away and justify the clubs stance elsewhere when indeed we should take larger allocations. This game isn't one of them.

Some will probably use the coronavirus threat as a reason to give this (unpopular) away day a swerve and then be in 3,000 who go to Old Trafford the following week* :p

*in the unlikely event all fixtures are not played behind closed-doors from April onwards....

Last year we took an allocation of 2400 which sold out but a few tickets made general sale.

If you and the nipper have season tickets you’d easily get tickets for this.

Manchester Utd are one of the few clubs where they offer various allocations - 1800 , 2400 and the full 3000.

2400 is probably the right allocation for this one.

Manchester Utd are one of the few clubs where they offer various allocations - 1800 , 2400 and the full 3000.

2400 is probably the right allocation for this one.

Which is a good thing because 2400 is also the top allocation we can take for it as Watford's ground only holds 21k (it's actually more than they need to give us too as it's 10% or 3k if your ground is over 30k)

Which is a good thing because 2400 is also the top allocation we can take for it as Watford's ground only holds 21k (it's actually more than they need to give us too as it's 10% or 3k if your ground is over 30k)

He’s talking about the allocation at Old Trafford being 2400, not Watford

Tickets for Everton go on sale Friday. Allocation will be finalised following initial demand and they strongly recommend purchasing when your window opens.

Hopefully this means they’re starting to listen to concerns, fair play if so. Although probably not needed at Everton, lower allocation is always plenty for there.

Hopefully this means they’re starting to listen to concerns, fair play if so. Although probably not needed at Everton, lower allocation is always plenty for there.

Agree and let’s be honest people are hardly going to be rushing to buy for this with rumours every day that games will be played behind closed doors and our recent shocking form.

We'll sell, at best, the lower tier for Everton. We never take many there and the coronavirus stuff is going to put a lot of folk off. Also the fact Everton are only reducing the restricted view tickets by a quid is an absolute joke, restricted view there can mean not being able to see a goal in some cases and to only reduce that by a quid is a disgrace.

Hopefully the club don't use it to justify their previous policy, in my opinion United away would've been a much better trial for this.