Saints 2-3 Wolves - Sigh...

Lighthouse

beaten by the better side.

Cedric was our better player. Ings hardly a sniff. Long good.

Wolves better really.

But one in the eye for the polite applause lot who think we should be frugal this window...we clearly need to build on the unlikely run we have been on

I'd be beating the **** out of that kid tonight if he was mine. What the **** was that all about?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

In the match thread I suggested someone should shoot him......That was after I deleted the "In the head" part as I thought others might think he didn't deserve it.

Not a good day at the office. 2-0 flattered us at HT and we just did not turn up 2nd half.

JWP aside, midfield was terrible and the central defence was like the Keystone Cops again.

We are very much an average side that had a hot streak. Shame we could not keep it going but now regroup and start again - we'll be fine in terms of relegation but we do need a massive clear out and recruitment in the summer. The squad is very poor.

For me,

Forster

Elyounoussi

Hoedt

Carillo

Boufal

Adams

Yoshida

Vestergaard

all need to go (if anyone would have them). We are fragile and WOlves outfought and outplayed us today.

Meh. we were long overdue a bad performance really.

It wasn’t a bad performance, it was sh1t defending again.

A player has time to miscontrol it and still turn and shoot inside the six yard box

Two crap challenges for the penalty

Played onside for the third.

Wolves better really.

But one in the eye for the polite applause lot who think we should be frugal this window...we clearly need to build on the unlikely run we have been on

A game of 2 halves.

First goal we conceded seemed very poor and breathed new life into Wolves.

Don't blame stephens for the 2nd. It's a very good through ball and he's millimetres from a saving touch.

Felt Ralph should have reacted sooner rather than waiting for the 2nd.

Frustrating as even a draw would have been an ok result and we were in dreamland at half time.

Other results at least were decent.

Ummmm Chez Adams - really .... Ralph is a bit obsessed with him and I can’t see for the life of me why. Would rather we progressed Obefemi and I wouldnt like to see Adams blocking his opportunities.

Ralph’s weakness seems to be personnel choices and favourites...

Undone second half tactically too...

Good run though but another one where Ralph needs to look inwards.

Edited by captainchris

Frustrating.

I couldn't count the number of times we've been done down our left side, with Bertrand either never in the picture or jogging back after the damage has been done.

We knew that Traoré would be attacking that space, so Bertrand either ignored his remit or was too lazy/disengaged to fulfil it.

Ummmm Chez Adams - really .... Ralph is a bit obsessed with him and I can’t see for the life of me why. Would rather we progressed Obefemi and I would like to see Adams blocking his opportunities.

Adams offered/did absolutely nothing when coming on

Thought we played ok against a much better team. We were weirdly clinical in the first half and 2-0 flattered us a bit.

Gave away 3 avoidable goals in the second half but we weren't completely outplayed or anything.

Wolves have some very good players. No disgrace to lose to them at all.

It was always going to happen. We have a bad match, Ings doesn't score. All the tarts out on this thread I see, screaming we are crap, so predictable. Before Christmas this would have been expected result, Wolves are very good, just been having a bit of a dip in form. Think we are still not far off being safe.

Ummmm Chez Adams - really .... Ralph is a bit obsessed with him and I can’t see for the life of me why. Would rather we progressed Obefemi and I would like to see Adams blocking his opportunities.

I think Ralph was naive to go for the win, rather than taking off Armstrong and replacing with Dejenpo it should have been Romeu. Our midfield was already totally overrun.

Game of two 'alfs innit... unfortunately, as soon as they scored you sort of knew what was coming. They are a big physical side with good technical skills though, made their chances and took them, we didn't. We have a decent first eleven, but after that we are pretty mediocre, our bench is weak and doesn't offer much. We needed a goal and bought on Adams who doesn't look like he will ever score in this league, and didn't today, while Boufal was never going to make a difference against such a strong side. His effort at the end was woeful, really needed that to fall to Danny who would've at least hit the target.

We can put it down to a bad day at the office, but all the excuses in the world won't detract from the fact that this was 3 points thrown away - 2 nil up at home, we should be seeing out the game. Not a lot of positives from today to be honest, I think we showed we are a mid lower table team, but I guess that's better than relegation candidates. Will be interesting to see how we react to this one though, palace next, and they got a very decent point today.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

When the commentator said that it was only Bednarek's 2nd goal I thought "********, his first was in a 3.2 loss from 2 nil up, and so it proved.

Wolves were great once they scored, but if Long's header was the other side of the post they would have folded. Traore is some player now.

It would have been nice to be top half for a week

Wolves better really.

Well summed up - they had Traore; we had a powderpuff Armstrong; our midfield couldn't cope in the second half and our CBs, particularly Stephens were found out today. Cedric our best player by a country mile. A reinforcement or two badly needed.