Palace build-up thread

Shroppie

Is Bednarek out? That is a real loss. We get exposed as it is against powerful quick strikers running at us...Traore Saturday, Zaha tomorrow...we lack speed at the back and Bednarek has got used to covering for that.

Would take a draw but think we're capable off more. Will be interesting to see what kind of a reaction Ralph can get out of the team after such a disappointing second half against Wolves.

Yoshi is a speed king. Give him this game then.

Without Bednarek we'll have to play Yoshida or Vestergaard, therefore we will lose.

Without being quite as blunt, I think thats a fair shout. I think Yoshida can easily come in and do a good job, but he normally starts slow when he comes into the side. Big performance needed all over the pitch to get a result. Is going to be a niggly game, but hopefully we can get them on the break.

Our level obviously dropped off in the second half at the weekend. Partly due to pressure but probably partly due to a bit of fatigue. I’d make a few changes. It’s a shame we don’t have any other options at full back but I’d go with:

McCarthy

Cedric

Stephens

Yoshida

Bertrand

Romeu

JWP

Armstrong

Djenepo

Obafemi

Long

When you’re playing Palace, there are two main things you need to do:

1) kick Zaha a few times early on and wind him up, get in his face before he gets to your box

2) show Townsend outside (wouldn’t actually be the worst idea in the world to play a right footed left back but obviously Valery isn’t around; if we wanted to rest Bertrand we could give Danso a go)

Our level obviously dropped off in the second half at the weekend. Partly due to pressure but probably partly due to a bit of fatigue. I’d make a few changes. It’s a shame we don’t have any other options at full back but I’d go with:

McCarthy

Cedric

Stephens

Yoshida

Bertrand

Romeu

JWP

Armstrong

Djenepo

Obafemi

Long

When you’re playing Palace, there are two main things you need to do:

1) kick Zaha a few times early on and wind him up, get in his face before he gets to your box

2) show Townsend outside (wouldn’t actually be the worst idea in the world to play a right footed left back but obviously Valery isn’t around; if we wanted to rest Bertrand we could give Danso a go)

Not a bad shout but I'd go Adams over Obafemi, I think we need the pace against their defence rather than strength

I have a suspicion Armstrong will be rested, I don't think his recovery time is sufficient to allow him to play 2 games in 3 days, going by past line-ups.

Absolutely cracking player, but sports science is incredibly sophisticated these days and each player is micro-managed, thus if the boffins say he needs a rest, so be it.

Thanks matey .... ""Kick-off times for UK non-live fixtures in these midweek evening match rounds will move in line with those selected for UK live coverage.

This is in keeping with the general principle employed for weekend movements."

This is of course total BullSch!t. The other non tv games on Saturdays stay the same and the tv matches are scheduled so as not to overlap the non the non tv games.

The 1930 KO's could make all the difference in fans being able to make it in time for KO to the earlier starts and being able to get home by train etc with the 2015.

They just don't give a hoot about the fans who actually go to matches at all.

Not keen on this one, Tosun will be an added danger, Zaha will get round the back, and their cbs are very dangerous from set pieces (especially if we have as small a backline as I fear). Alternative is to play Vestergaard but we do that then Wiley old Woy will immediately get Ayew on his lumbering shoulder. Draw would be good - we’ll see if he fancies the cup if he rests Ings tonight or Sat....

Not keen on this one, Tosun will be an added danger, Zaha will get round the back, and their cbs are very dangerous from set pieces (especially if we have as small a backline as I fear). Alternative is to play Vestergaard but we do that then Wiley old Woy will immediately get Ayew on his lumbering shoulder. Draw would be good - we’ll see if he fancies the cup if he rests Ings tonight or Sat....

Cool, cup it is then.

But disappointed not to see djenepo start. It will probably be another 'promising' performance from Redmond where he goes close to scoring a screamer and a couple of good runs but no goal or assists.

Probably not gonna be many chances this game and one thing I've noticed about djenepo is that even if he struggles to get into games he buys us some cheap freekicks down their end (note this is not an endorsement of diving but hey every team has a ****** who can do that ;)

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk