Palace 0-2 Saints. Wild celebration reaction thread.

Shroppie

Shroppie, just in case you read my post (47) - I misread your comments about a "reaction" to the Wolves win - sorry. Yes, it was indeed the best reaction possible from start to finish.
Apology accepted. No problem!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What on Earth is that about? I'm not gloating about anything! Just pleased with the team's reaction after Saturday.

And, as you haven't noticed (maybe you can't actually go to games), we've been very creative and positive with our attacking play for some time.

Probably why we've won 7 from 9.

Read my follow up post - 49. Mea Culpa !

What on Earth is that about? I'm not gloating about anything! Just pleased with the team's reaction after Saturday.

And, as you haven't noticed (maybe you can't actually go to games), we've been very creative and positive with our attacking play for some time.

Probably why we've won 7 from 9.

Written before your reply! Thank you for your clarification.

Just watched the 2 stunning strikes from Redmond and Armstrong. Both hit the back of the net with a satisfying zip. 0 shots on target from Palace. Dreamland!

Two great shots. Delighted by the result, especially after Saturday's result.

Watched the highlights, and despite the results I'm in shock with Vestergaards giveaway before we scored, thankfully Tosun is equally crap, and Long's timid and feeble effort (at 2-0 up) that could ahve put the game out of reach.

Great result, but still a mistake to think the squad is good enough.

Pleased to see a clip of Zaha clearly still wound up by JWP, their feud from last season appears to be ongoing.

Fantastic performance and fantastic result. Hope the Redmond critics will finally zip it - he and Armstrong outstanding tonight and not just because they scored corking goals. All round team energy level and closing down was brilliant though - we were winning all the 50-50 balls in the first half and should have been two or three up at half-time. Thought we might have a different second half but so happy we continued in the same vein.

I believe we can beat Liverpool.

Just watched the highlights and something I never noticed in real time was the way Hojbjerg just walks away with his head down after Palace missed from the Vest mistake. Not a fan of his at the best of times but I’d want to see my captain giving Vest a good bollocking for making that stupid mistake. Noticed it from McCarthy a few times too, never seems to get angry when someone drops him in the ****.

So glad we had a game tonight after Saturday, didn’t give us time to dwell on what went wrong and now it’s out of our system. Free hit on Saturday now with no league implications.

Just watched the highlights and something I never noticed in real time was the way Hojbjerg just walks away with his head down after Palace missed from the Vest mistake. Not a fan of his at the best of times but I’d want to see my captain giving Vest a good bollocking for making that stupid mistake. Noticed it from McCarthy a few times too, never seems to get angry when someone drops him in the ****.

So glad we had a game tonight after Saturday, didn’t give us time to dwell on what went wrong and now it’s out of our system. Free hit on Saturday now with no league implications.

I don't know about the point of a good bollocking in the wake of a gaff like Vest's mistake - it's a very old school response that defies what we know about motivation and performance. A bit of encouragement and a pat on the back work better and to Vest's credit he fought back and played a part.

Yeah the last thing a player who has barely featured this season needs is a bollocking after his first mistake. His confidence would get shot to pieces.

Another thing which needs mentioned is that after next weekend, we'll have played Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves and Palace twice already. Our run in must be very favourable.

Cant help but notice teams around the relegation zone playing each other nearly every week. The likes of Bournemouth, Villa, Brighton and Watford must have tough run ins

Another thing which needs mentioned is that after next weekend, we'll have played Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves and Palace twice already. Our run in must be very favourable.

Cant help but notice teams around the relegation zone playing each other nearly every week. The likes of Bournemouth, Villa, Brighton and Watford must have tough run ins

Yes they do. They are playing us!!

We seem to play and move the ball so fast, so direct and full of energy. This team has gone from relegation certainties to a free flowing attacking very good side in the matter of six weeks. It’s absolutely incredible, and you have to give massive credit to Ralph for rejuvenating the team. I’m loving it, big time.

Confidence is key. After getting spanked 3 nil to Burnley first day of the season, we couldn’t have started the season any worse and it took a while to get going, but the side has so much confidence now that they can go out and win games, and more importantly confidence is so high knocks like Wolves can be overcome. A few injuries to the wrong personnel and we could suffer but Hasenhuttl is working miracles right now. God I hope we can back him in the summer and hold on to him long term, but if he keeps us playing like this, heads will turn.

GTFI, loving this totally unexpected form reversal.

Cheers for posting that, as I have since the Villa game I have tried extremely hard to avoid dodgy streams and actively following the game, at the same time my mate has been at every away since Villa so we are torn between him going and me not watching Chelsea might have shown who is the lucky token!

Thought we were a bit P’d at the Wolves result, seems we were annoyed and did something about it. Good to see even with the pack shuffled just like at Chelsea we are becoming a pain in the backside, we certainly like the Yellow and Grey kit too.

Great pass by “Cafu” Stephens up to Redmond - he’s made a few goals recently striding out of defence and pinging a great pass upfield. (Bet he had a few words with Vestergaard).

What does Zaha think he is playing at trying to get a reaction out of JWP, bloke must be thick.

Can everyone agree this is the most bonkers season ever!? 9th in the league! After the Leicester thumping and that Everton loss at home, I don't think anyone could've imagined this.

Well done Ralph. Huge credit to him and the team. Do we now have to start worrying about him being poached by another club? Ha.

after 24 matches

2019/2020 - 31 points | 09th place Hasenhüttl

2018/2019 - 23 points | 16th place Hughes/Hasenhüttl

2017/2018 - 22 points | 18th place Pellegrino/Hughes

2016/2017 - 27 points | 13th place Puel

2015/2016 - 34 points | 07th place Koeman

Just got back from the game thanks to roadworks hell tonight. A3 closed where it joins M25, M3 closed where it joins M25, trying to find an alternative route was hell.

Anyway, what a game. Totally dominated it. Our fans totally out sang Palace fans who were very quiet. We wound Saha up a treat and he totally bit, it was hilarious. Prowsey did a brilliant job on him all night and Saha hated it.

Excellent goals and could have been more if LONG could only understand it's a strikers job to put the ball in the net, not pass it back to their keeper.

Defence was fairly decent apart from one moment in the first half when Vestergard thought he was Messi and tried dribbling the ball out of defence and got disposed and it should have been a goal to Palace.

Excellent day, excellent result, well done everyone.....now i'm going to bed very happy.

An amazing run of away form, which has moved us to a position of looking up rather than down. I can't quite believe we're 9th, it's ridiculous considering where we were 7 weeks ago - insane turn around. Credit to Ralph who has energised us again and the players for responding. Take a bow Jack Stephens though, he’s the biggest revelation in this turn around. Where on earth has he been hiding?

Christ, if we sorted our home form out, we'd be up there challenging for Europe. Maybe we have a chance to sort that out in the coming weeks?

Next 3 home games in the league -

Burnley

Newcastle

Villa

And then West Ham and Norwich sandwiched around them.

We've got a chance here to give ourselves a really comfortable end to the season.

...2d363113552c5da55ff4cf19109d7df5.jpg

Well that tweet is a load of nonsense, we’d sold out over 1700 then were give a couple of hundred more. On that subject shame to see empty seats in the block next to us, if the ticket office hadn’t been amateurs we’d easily have sold 2700 full allocation.

Brilliant win and performance last night, following saints away has been brilliant this season, incredible number of wins and players look really comfortable with the system.

No idea who will go down, going to be a few twists between now and the end of the season, I think Bournemouth will get out of it.

Just got back from the game thanks to roadworks hell tonight. A3 closed where it joins M25, M3 closed where it joins M25, trying to find an alternative route was hell.

Anyway, what a game. Totally dominated it. Our fans totally out sang Palace fans who were very quiet. We wound Saha up a treat and he totally bit, it was hilarious. Prowsey did a brilliant job on him all night and Saha hated it.

Excellent goals and could have been more if LONG could only understand it's a strikers job to put the ball in the net, not pass it back to their keeper.

Defence was fairly decent apart from one moment in the first half when Vestergard thought he was Messi and tried dribbling the ball out of defence and got disposed and it should have been a goal to Palace.

Excellent day, excellent result, well done everyone.....now i'm going to bed very happy.

Absolutely this...Great night, Vestergard may have made one mistake but grew with confidence and played well for the remainder of the game. How bad were Palace though. Also, anyone see Prowsey checking his pocket when he was down by us. Love it !!

Christ, if we sorted our home form out, we'd be up there challenging for Europe. Maybe we have a chance to sort that out in the coming weeks?

We're up there challenging for Europe despite our home form, but I get your point.

(If our home form was as good as our away form we'd actually be challenging for a Champions League spot!)

Edited by trousers

Not sure why Zaha wasnt sent off for poking JWP's eye. VAR apparently didnt have a view?

Great win

Possibly the fact that he got away with it helped our motivation for the second half. If he'd gone, would have been like Saints to relax and capitulate.

We're up there challenging for Europe despite our home form, but I get your point.

(If our home form was as good as our away firm we'd actually be challenging for a Champions League spot!)

Personally I'd like us to just miss out on Europe. It's way too much for squads like ours without investment. But so happy with our play at the moment

I wouldn't. I still think it's unlikely but Prague, Milan and Amsterdam were brilliant.

Prague was one of the worst matches I've seen Saints play, but i take your point. It would kill us in the league though

Prague was one of the worst matches I've seen Saints play, but i take your point. It would kill us in the league though
Yeah but the quality of the match wasn't the point. The football was pretty secondary. Amazing experience mingling with a ton of saints fans abroad with cheap lager. Arnhem was probably the best one. Edited by hypochondriac

Yes to all the above got back to the Range Rover to find local scum slashed tyres on 20 cars in the street very boring but it’s an away win?