Posters: where are they now

washsaint

Thanks for the nice words from a few of you. :smug:

Yes I, like many over 26's found myself having to escape from a re-inventing itself again Dubai. I stayed way too long.

I stopped posting because life got in the way and it was more about fighting to keep our head above water in the sandpit while people let us down or plain screwed us over time after time.

Then Brexit. We had a choice, married to an EU citizen we had to choose one or the other to get residency status BEFORE the 1st "expected" Brexit date.

Mrs Polski Phil doesn't take **** from anyone (inc John Boy Saint) and we knew that sooner or later (as has already happened to many of her Polish friends in the UK) something would be said, in a bar or a supermarket and she would react.

So. We moved to the AMAZING City of Krakow 12 months ago next week, again a huge battle to get out and get a base here. Friends and family have been (apart from one ex friend) amazing. It took a while trying to get a job knowing only 6 swear words in Polish, but I started driving a Mercedes Van last July driving tourists (and VIP's).

I have a great lad I work for/with. We are making a difference, growing like crazy, getting ridiculous reviews on Trip Advisor.

After 25 years of sand and dust I now get to see the stunning beauty that is the state of Malopolska of which Krakow is the Capital.

I stick the best stuff on Instagram same username.

Old Nick is partly correct. I take tourist to Auschwitz on average twice a week. I went iniside for the 1st and ONLY time 10 years ago. Today I believe helping to spread the story is the single most important job I have ever done. I am no historian, I am a snapper, I provide my clients with images of what village life is like in Poland and prepare them for what they will see at the Museum.

Equally I have great fun travelling to the Mountains, to Ski Resorts & Thermal Baths. To magical Fairy Tale Castles in deep dark forests to war memorials and village life home cooking restaurants.

My work pays peanuts. I love it. 3am start, -13C? Blizzards? Black Ice? ANYTHING is better than those last months in Dubai.

I've picked up a golf club once all year, watched about 4 tournaments on telly.

But in 2018 I wrote a Golf Story Blog (now defunct) that had almost 1000 regular readers as I told the story of my journey to the 2018 Ryder Cup in Paris. That story is out there on Sotonians somewhere.

Suffice to say, A Saints fan walked down the 14th fairway talking **** with an Arsenal fan on that fateful Sunday afternoon as me & Poulter tried to stop the emotion and the noise from getting to us. The downside? in 2018 was being photo-bombed at the end by John Rahm instead of dancing with Rory, but hey. Time moves on

Oh and yeah. The 2022 story will (Health permitting) be told out there somewhere on the internet.

I loved this forum and everyone on it.Hell I nearly had a beer with Glasgow Saint. I've even met Barry Sanchez in real life thanks to the Sotonians pre-match beers thing.

I didn't leave over a row, or a banning.

Life just got too damn real and I had to survive.

Which I have.

And if anyone is heading to Krakow for a weekend/stag do.

Wodka Bar.

It's on Google. Chocolate Chilli Vodka. Nothing else matters in life

Live long and prosper guys

xUiBrcKYeRkbexPW7

I'd post a picture but then this ain't such an easy to use template so it won't work.

Thanks gang.

Ad what a ****ing brilliant last few weeks to be a #saintsfc fan!

Great to hear from you, Phil. I've been kept informed by Eric since we finally met up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes I, like many over 26's found myself having to escape from a re-inventing itself again Dubai. I stayed way too long.

I stopped posting because life got in the way and it was more about fighting to keep our head above water in the sandpit while people let us down or plain screwed us over time after time.

Then Brexit. We had a choice, married to an EU citizen we had to choose one or the other to get residency status BEFORE the 1st "expected" Brexit date.

Mrs Polski Phil doesn't take **** from anyone (inc John Boy Saint) and we knew that sooner or later (as has already happened to many of her Polish friends in the UK) something would be said, in a bar or a supermarket and she would react.

So. We moved to the AMAZING City of Krakow 12 months ago next week, again a huge battle to get out and get a base here. Friends and family have been (apart from one ex friend) amazing. It took a while trying to get a job knowing only 6 swear words in Polish, but I started driving a Mercedes Van last July driving tourists (and VIP's).

I have a great lad I work for/with. We are making a difference, growing like crazy, getting ridiculous reviews on Trip Advisor.

After 25 years of sand and dust I now get to see the stunning beauty that is the state of Malopolska of which Krakow is the Capital.

Old Nick is partly correct. I take tourist to Auschwitz on average twice a week. I went iniside for the 1st and ONLY time 10 years ago. Today I believe helping to spread the story is the single most important job I have ever done. I am no historian, I am a snapper, I provide my clients with images of what village life is like in Poland and prepare them for what they will see at the Museum.

Equally I have great fun travelling to the Mountains, to Ski Resorts & Thermal Baths. To magical Fairy Tale Castles in deep dark forests to war memorials and village life home cooking restaurants.

My work pays peanuts. I love it. 3am start, -13C? Blizzards? Black Ice? ANYTHING is better than those last months in Dubai.

But in 2018 I wrote a Golf Story Blog (now defunct) that had almost 1000 regular readers as I told the story of my journey to the 2018 Ryder Cup in Paris. That story is out there on Sotonians somewhere.

Suffice to say, A Saints fan walked down the 14th fairway talking **** with an Arsenal fan on that fateful Sunday afternoon as me & Poulter tried to stop the emotion and the noise from getting to us. The downside? in 2018 was being photo-bombed at the end by John Rahm instead of dancing with Rory, but hey. Time moves on

Oh and yeah. The 2022 story will (Health permitting) be told out there somewhere on the internet.

I loved this forum and everyone on it.Hell I nearly had a beer with Glasgow Saint. I've even met Barry Sanchez in real life thanks to the Sotonians pre-match beers thing.

Which I have.

Wodka Bar.

xUiBrcKYeRkbexPW7

I'd post a picture but then this ain't such an easy to use template so it won't work.

Thanks gang.

What a fantastic post, great to hear you're enjoying life.

Do you mind if I ask what was so bad about Dubai for you in the end? I've heard some horror stories about the place, and my brother was lucky to escape the country after he lost his job and had his credit cards cancelled - abandoned his car at the airport and got on the first flight out he could get on (to Thailand!) before his passport was marked.

It sounds like a truly despotic place.

Unbelievable Jeff fcked off suddenly. Guessing breakdown of sorts as he was getting very odd thinking he was being stalked by me.

As dibden he reported me to the police as I called Guly rubbish.

Think he also booked a hotel in Glasgow and tried to get me to visit him.

I've had some weird stalkers on here over the years.

Tamesaint, Goatboay, Dibden, Always_sfc, Ottawa, Trousers.... They've all had strange man crushes for me. Flattering but weird too.

Which I have.

Wodka Bar.

xUiBrcKYeRkbexPW7

Thanks gang.

Marvellous - I now have a contact with a van in Krakow to pick me and the boss up at Krakow airport and run us down and round Gorlice - and we only have to bring a heap of peanuts to pay him with!

Google 'Salisbury scissor attack'

The court heard Hare had 21 convictions for 48 offences, including various cases of battery, assaulting police, actual bodily harm, affray, criminal damage, theft, robbery, possessing class A drugs, aggravated vehicle taking, and public order offences

Some rap sheet that - he really was a badboysaint. Maybe that public shaming on the coach that night made him flip!

Which I have.

Wodka Bar.

xUiBrcKYeRkbexPW7

Thanks gang.

Hi Phil, what a real pleasure to hear from you again and I’m pleased that you have managed to find your ‘place in the sun’.

All the best to you and please give my regards to that lovely lady of yours. :)

If I recall he was catfished. He thought he was meeting the woman of his dreams (Amy) at turnstile A (was it?) and it was actually a wind up and it all came out on the forum. My memory is a bit hazy so maybe some others can fill in the gaps.
I believe some lads started a chant about it at a game at the time.

The court heard Hare had 21 convictions for 48 offences, including various cases of battery, assaulting police, actual bodily harm, affray, criminal damage, theft, robbery, possessing class A drugs, aggravated vehicle taking, and public order offences

Some rap sheet that - he really was a badboysaint. Maybe that public shaming on the coach that night made him flip!

He got punched in the head if I recall. Might have done some damage.

Saint David. He rang me. Nice chap but clearly a fantasist.

There was also another poster....who left SaintsWeb (or this place) in embarrassment at the time of the fabled take over...

He seemed like a decent bloke but can't remember why he legged it.

'Saintxxxxxx' Something....SaintLee???

and of course, BenTheLegend....

"Hi Saints Fans....." :lol:

There was also another poster....who left SaintsWeb (or this place) in embarrassment at the time of the fabled take over...

"Hi Saints Fans....." [emoji38]

You didn't fancy reading the rest of the thread before posting then...? ;)

Was he the guy (?) that had yet to discover punctuation?

Most of his posts were pre match posts about where people were going what the score would be and who would score all crammed into one sentence that would be about 2 paragraphs long and left you gasping for breath if you tried reading it all in one go but was always written in a cute niave cheerful manner and starting something like hi saints fans!!

I was pretty sure it was somebody on a wind up, so apologies if if was somebody with genuine learning difficulties.

Didn't Romsey Stu save a pre pubescent Bad Boy Saint from getting a slapping from a 14 year old girl in Watford (?) one time?

Most of his posts were pre match posts about where people were going what the score would be and who would score all crammed into one sentence that would be about 2 paragraphs long and left you gasping for breath if you tried reading it all in one go but was always written in a cute niave cheerful manner and starting something like hi saints fans!!

I was pretty sure it was somebody on a wind up, so apologies if if was somebody with genuine learning difficulties.

Didn't Romsey Stu save a pre pubescent Bad Boy Saint from getting a slapping from a 14 year old girl in Watford (?) one time?

I'm pretty sure that was the case, as I seem to remember another poster coming on to stick up for him, and said he found all the mocking of his posts really hurtful as he just had a genuine passion for the club and couldn't understand why everyone was such a d!ck towards him.

As dibden he reported me to the police as I called Guly rubbish.

Think he also booked a hotel in Glasgow and tried to get me to visit him.

I've had some weird stalkers on here over the years.

Tamesaint, Goatboay, Dibden, Always_sfc, Ottawa, Trousers.... They've all had strange man crushes for me. Flattering but weird too.

Has he really left? I missed that

Was his name Tony something?

Used to come on here all the time.

That period when we were struggling/take over era was mongboard gold. A select band of fan on the boarders and ITKers always on here with “I’d like to say more but.......” type posts. Lots of self importance and posturing, lots of egos running away with themselves. Led by the likes of Um Pahars. Then there was the ted bates statue. It was a great time to be alive.

Which I have.

Wodka Bar.

xUiBrcKYeRkbexPW7

Thanks gang.

Seeing your FB posts looks like you are doing pretty well, and seem in a good place.

I remember Romsey Stu quite often offering to meet people for a 'chat' if they'd wound him up. Essruu the taxi driver was always entertaining and I think he started his own banter forum for a while.

I remember Romsey Stu quite often offering to meet people for a 'chat' if they'd wound him up. Essruu the taxi driver was always entertaining and I think he started his own banter forum for a while.

The b-anter forum was the best website ever. Properly funny, that was run by Essruu with some contributions from a great poster called Paul Allen, I wonder what happened to him? :p

Romsey Stu came back as Dave Benson-Phillips, his wangy eye story was brilliant, went to have an operation to correct it and it went gamy. I seem to remember he got on well with Dell days :lol:

They have the old members gallery on the way back machine. You can't see the pics but some descriptions remind me a bit of what was there. What happened to Tijuana Tim?

He’s still about although doesn’t post any where any more I think. Just set up his own business in LA. Top bloke, still doing his dog training and playing a good standard of football too, must be nearly 60 now and looks fit at a fiddle, guess that’s what no drinking healthy lifestyle does for you! We used to meet up when he was over but since I moved away only seen him once when we played in Arnhem.

Calvin. What ever happened to Calvin?

He’s still around but I haven’t seen him for a few years. One of the first people I met from here, back at the old Fleming Park football.

He was a pr*ck. Still posts under a new username I believe.

He changed it to Ludwig but eventually got banned.

Essruu I apparently flew home from either Morocco or Spain about 10 years ago, never met him though.

Ascoli. Roger beeks. Saintlee. Redandwhitepanda. Montys turban. Maverick. Javi. Saf. Saint David. Helpmerhonda. Lifelong Saint.

Good posters one and all.

Will add more as I remember them.

Monty's Turban.

That was me after Granty banned me for the umpteenth time.

As was Saint Sausage.

I now behave as my orginal handle, Crab Lungs.