On pitch battles

Pilchards

Wilf Zaha is a bit of a baby isn't he? Thinks he's amazing but as soon as he doesn't get a decision throws his toys out of the pram. Can't believe how often he gets away with slapping / pushing or poking people in the face too - likes a good face stroke for some reason....!

Love the personal battle between Zaha and JWP and it’s obvious James winds him up.

Any others in the past or present that you know it’s going to kick off?

I do remember Keane and Veira hated each other.

Keane had a number of people he really didn't get along with. Alfie Haaland would be another and look what Keane did to him. They were on the same team but I believe Le Tiss and Carlton Palmer weren't exactly close...

Jwp is a bit of a middle class smarmy ***** who you'd think would deserve a slap in real life. Really funny that he's on our team winding up Zaha though. Zaha doesn't seem particularly bright though, he really should just not react.

Would you say that if he was white?

It’s a great tactic to wind Zaha up as it distracts him and adversely affects his game !

It wouldn’t surprise me if RH instructed JWP to do this !

All part of the game........

Yeah I reckon so. It's great to see JWP adding some togh tackling and general sh!thousery to his game. It's long overdue.

Mike Sumerbee and the whole alehouse back four

Think Dennis Hollywood was the one that upset him the most.:lol:

I remember my first Saints v Man City game c 1969/70 and was surprised by the abuse that was directed at Summerbee from the first minute. Always wondered what sparked that, understood from older relatives that Summerbee was known to like 'dishing it out' but couldn't take it. Was there a specific incident that started this ?

Surprised no one’s mentioned Highbury 1984.........Bailey used to get it tho.
Sadly he seemed to play well against us, although when he first came to the Dell after the incidents up there, his teammates withered and melted but he was the only one who wasnt affected. I think we beat them 5 something. For those who dont know the history he got 2 of our players sent off, Although Osgood smacking him in the mouth was hardly getting our players sent off lol

Who was the Arsenal player who received a lengthy ban for breaking Glenn Cockerill's jaw?

I spoke to Glenn about this a few weeks back at a St Marys dinner. I asked him did he see it coming "obviously I didn't, I knew nothing about it, I only knew what happened when I saw it on the News". "I didn't realise my jaw was broken until I found I couldn't eat my Fish and Chips that evening!". "The one thing I do recall was earlier in the game during a skirmish with the ball we both fell over each other I landed on top of him and he said that he would get me for that.......just thought it was one of those things people would say". Glenn said apparently a few season before they had a little insignificant run in during a game - which obviously had been simmering locked away inside him until that moment.

Beattie who was also in attendance said he was shocked that Davis had it in him to do that, as he sees Davis on the FA coaching courses and has done for a few years and doesn't seem to be a person with a nasty bone in his body.

I remember my first Saints v Man City game c 1969/70 and was surprised by the abuse that was directed at Summerbee from the first minute. Always wondered what sparked that, understood from older relatives that Summerbee was known to like 'dishing it out' but couldn't take it. Was there a specific incident that started this ?

I don't know if anything in particular started it but I remember on one occasion Docker Walker I think putting Summerbee into the West Stand

Fowler and Le Saux ran for a few years. Fowler was a complete cnt though. Imagine if he'd pulled those antics in today's social media world.

Actually he'd probably have a spot on question time as not afraid to tell it how it is.

JWP only seems hated by Palace fans for that Zaha red card. I mean JWP can be an annoying player as he's constant energy, pressing and winding people up, but every team needs someone like that. It's added a lot to his game.

Genuinely think he's ready for England now. Midfield spots seem up for grabs, and extra set piece quality can't hurt in a tournament. Besides TAA set piece options look limited.

Another great article in The Athletic yesterday about JWP and his new found "toughness". Even greater title "Southampton's Secret 5h1thouse" :lol: