china flu

mack rill

I've just invested in surgical masks, rubber disposable gloves and respirators. Could be some easy money to be made here
That's if you can find them. The Chinese probably make most of them. I agree that you may make some good money as people strip the shelves.

Funnilyenough I just spoke to a trader and he says he lives in the middle of nowhere and is going to buy a load of dried food etc and not go out for a while Lol

'The Hot Zone', by Richard Preston, about Ebola (and a near outbreak from a Washington DC facilty) (non-fiction) is a good if worrying read with some parallels to the current situation.

Indeed, an excellent if somewhat terrifying, read.Good series based on it not long ago too. I guess the real difference is that if Ebola ever properly broke out of Africa it would probably end the human race, whereas coronavirus will just give most people a sore throat and a runny nose...

Like the 34 year old doctor??

Do you know his medical history? 1,462 people aged between 15 and 64 died in the UK from flu in 2017/18. How come that isnt a screaming headline every day?

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/coronavirus-deaths-age-preexisting-conditions-and-fever-symptoms---what--we-know-about-the-fatalities-1.1580817835672

Edited by buctootim

Do you know his medical history? 1,462 people aged between 15 and 64 died in the UK from flu in 2017/18. How come that isnt a screaming headline every day?

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/coronavirus-deaths-age-preexisting-conditions-and-fever-symptoms---what--we-know-about-the-fatalities-1.1580817835672

Take it easy mate. I’m not a doctor and don’t know about flu deaths and symptoms but it’s clear that your statement that the people who have died are elderly with underlying symptoms is not true in all cases

The doctor who died may or may not have had underlying issues but he certainly wasn’t elderly

Take it easy mate. I’m not a doctor and don’t know about flu deaths and symptoms but it’s clear that your statement that the people who have died are elderly with underlying symptoms is not true in all cases

The doctor who died may or may not have had underlying issues but he certainly wasn’t elderly

One example doesn’t make a probability.