Saints v Spurs (FA Cup) Match & Reactions Thread

St Chalet

Boufal is obviously not enjoying his time here at the moment. Didn't really bother to celebrate his goal. Guess he'll be heading off in the summer. Pity, we'll miss him.

Maybe. In which case that goal will put a few million on his value, hopefully...

Ticket allocation will be interesting.

It’ll be a week on Wednesday I expect as Spurs play next Sunday.

See I think it will be played end of February on either the 25/26.

The next possibility for game to be played might even be this upcoming Wednesday but that is just far too short a notice so don’t see it then.

I rule out any game being played between 02 February and 16 February in midweek as that is when both ours and Spurs break is scheduled.

Then Spurs have a midweek CL game I think on the 18/19 February leaving only the 25/26 of Feb left to play the replay.

It would be ideal for me if that was the case!

Only saw the second half but in my opinion we looked the better side. Ings should've scored that header. He looked pretty frustrated at then end and was being consoled by Ralph. Hope his confidence isn't knocked. And we should've had a pen (or a VAR check at the very least) but glad we got a goal back as we certainly didn't deserve to lose that. Anyone know when the replay is likely to be? would love a trip to the new stadium

Also I know its being said a lot but what a player JWP is at the moment. he's just everywhere. so so good.

Kevin Danso won a cereal box competition to be a footballer!

Him playing at right back doesn't fully excuse him, he doesn't have the technique or football brain to play at this level. He looks completely out of his depth and Spurs were exploiting it throughout the game.

Didn't exploit it very well though did they

Very enjoyable game.

Nice to see reemergence of angus Gunn. Excellent sweeping in second half and save in the first.

Not sure how their goal stands. Clearly Alli fouls danso in the build up.

Nice to see end product from boufal. He’s go8ng to be needed with Armstrong out.

Ings Radar slightly off today. Still played well but on another day he would have bagged a couple.

Danso. Don’t get why we brought him in. Hmm well hopefully Valery will be fit enough for next couple with Cedric fit by after our winter break week off.

Boufal is obviously not enjoying his time here at the moment. Didn't really bother to celebrate his goal. Guess he'll be heading off in the summer. Pity, we'll miss him.

Highly noticeable that he didn't look particularly pleased when he scored. However, as skillful a player as he obviously is, I don't think we'll miss him. Weird but true.

Didn't exploit it very well though did they

They did in that lots of dangerous attacks came from Danso **** ups. Ok they didn't score from them all, but he was still by some distance the weakest link in the Saints team and it caused a lot of problems for us today. Playing at right back only partly excuses him, he just isn't very good.

Very enjoyable game.

Nice to see reemergence of angus Gunn. Excellent sweeping in second half and save in the first.

Not sure how their goal stands. Clearly Alli fouls danso in the build up.

Nice to see end product from boufal. He’s go8ng to be needed with Armstrong out.

Ings Radar slightly off today. Still played well but on another day he would have bagged a couple.

Danso. Don’t get why we brought him in. Hmm well hopefully Valery will be fit enough for next couple with Cedric fit by after our winter break week off.

Not to play RB. Play him a few times at CB and if he's still poor than don't take up the option to buy. Cannot understand why we loaned a CB and don't play him there?

Kevin Danso won a cereal box competition to be a footballer!

Him playing at right back doesn't fully excuse him, he doesn't have the technique or football brain to play at this level. He looks completely out of his depth and Spurs were exploiting it throughout the game.

See I think it will be played end of February on either the 25/26.

The next possibility for game to be played might even be this upcoming Wednesday but that is just far too short a notice so don’t see it then.

I rule out any game being played between 02 February and 16 February in midweek as that is when both ours and Spurs break is scheduled.

Then Spurs have a midweek CL game I think on the 18/19 February leaving only the 25/26 of Feb left to play the replay.

It would be ideal for me if that was the case!

It’ll be the week after next, if it’s the week you said there will be less than a week until round 5.

They did in that lots of dangerous attacks came from Danso **** ups. Ok they didn't score from them all, but he was still by some distance the weakest link in the Saints team and it caused a lot of problems for us today. Playing at right back only partly excuses him, he just isn't very good.

No argument about his performance all I did was say they didn't exploit it at all as the scoreline shows

Never ever want to see Danso play for us again.

Awful player and thankfully, on loan.

pressed hard at the end but they had enough runs through our midfield to be miffed to have let it slip at the end.

and we are better away from home too.

Playing at right back isn't really an excuse for his lack of technique or football brain.

True, but you would think we would we would give him every opportunity to show his best assets. Anyway, as we were prepared to possibly take up the permanent option, we can hopefully use that towards a better prospect in the summer (£15M if I remember correctly?)

:lol:

Not sure why that is funny. If you play a team with 4 defenders, one of them is struggling and you focus your attacks on him then that is exploiting the weakness of the opponent. It is still attempting to exploit the weakness even if the score is 0-0. Spurs were able to expose Saints on the right side due to Danso... that is exploiting whether it was a goal or not it helped them during the game.

So a 21 year old up against Son who hasn’t been played in his actual position ever and probably is severely lacking confidence not to a mention match pace is a cereal box footballer.

joke of a comment

Playing at centre back isn't going to improve his ball control, technique, passing, heading, decision making etc. Playing right back rather than centre back partly excuses him... but not completely.

Not sure why that is funny. If you play a team with 4 defenders, one of them is struggling and you focus your attacks on him then that is exploiting the weakness of the opponent. It is still attempting to exploit the weakness even if the score is 0-0. Spurs were able to expose Saints on the right side due to Danso... that is exploiting whether it was a goal or not it helped them during the game.

Correct, now you've changed the wording to "attempting to exploit"

every attack for every team tries to exploit a defence

and it gave them little success, now toddle off and argue with Fry

Playing at centre back isn't going to improve his ball control, technique, passing, heading, decision making etc. Playing right back rather than centre back partly excuses him... but not completely.

different positions, lack of games, pressure to impress certainly does effect composure and thinking and in turn a lot of what you have mentioned above.

Considering the chances Spurs had, I feel we are fortunate to still be in the competition

Considering their goal shouldn't have stood, Ings chance cleared off the line, the handball penalty not awarded to us, and the other chances we had, I feel Spurs are fortunate to still be in the competition.