Saints v Spurs (FA Cup) Match & Reactions Thread

St Chalet

Our worst fears. Armstrong not rested and if that is a hammy he’ll be out for a month at least.

Like the taters said, it looked like it was something the physios were aware of before the game, as he was wearing lycra shorts to keep the muscles warm. He didn't look to be walking too gingerly as he left the pitch, so hopefully it's just a precautionary sub and the injury isn't too serious.

Like the taters said, it looked like it was something the physios were aware of before the game, as he was wearing lycra shorts to keep the muscles warm. He didn't look to be walking too gingerly as he left the pitch, so hopefully it's just a precautionary sub and the injury isn't too serious.

Hope so. If they knew about it then it was a bit of a foolish gamble. He’s really got us ticking nicely in recent weeks. Hindsight obviously 20/20 but maybe he shouldn’t have been risked.

It's bizarre how much of a well oiled machine we are on the road while we continue to struggle to find the right set up at home.

Spurs are killing us in transition. Just like Wolves did. And West Ham before them. It's only a matter of time before they make one of their breaks count.

Not sure Obafemi is contributing much. Perhaps get Romeu on to sit in a midfield three and allow the wingers to push higher in support of Ings.

Game's still there for the winning - thanks, Gunny - but not if we carry on on the same path.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

It's bizarre how much of a well oiled machine we are on the road while we continue to struggle to find the right set up at home.

Spurs are killing us in transition. Just like Wolves did. And West Ham before them. It's only a matter of time before they make one of their breaks count.

Not sure Obafemi is contributing much. Perhaps get Romeu on to sit in a midfield three and allow the wingers to push higher in support of Ings.

Game's still there for the winning - thanks, Gunny - but not if we carry on on the same path.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Danso is struggling and often leaves Son unmarked. Stevens should shout a bit more.

Not really interested in excuses for him, he just hasn't looked very good when he's played. Nerves that show that clearly aren't a good thing and plenty of younger players than him have coped with it just fine.

He's just showing exactly why Ralph hasn't played him until he has to.

Name me 1 player who every now and again plays in a completely different position that they were recruited for?

He's doing a job and is a young guy whose played CB marking lewodanski etc and did ok.

I'm all for judging people but be fair.

Name me 1 player who every now and again plays in a completely different position that they were recruited for?

He's doing a job and is a young guy whose played CB marking lewodanski etc and did ok.

Too late, the forum experts have spoken. File him away alongside Scott Marshall, Jakobsson and Davenport.

you cant. because most other players are good enough to play or even step in to cover the position they were recruited for.

Danso is clearly another one on the bedpost of shyt signings....