Fifth Round Draw

whelk

Nothing much. Couple of Shrewsbury goals, ref missed giving pen for Shrews too. Boring draw.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dancing in the streets of Shropshire tonight.... If there was going to be a result I never thought it was going to begin from 0-2 against "The greatest team on the planet ™" so I gave in to the children and put a film on.

Very pleased for that kid who put it in his own net. Now thankfully not the story.

I turned off the Shrewsbury game about two minutes after that own goal. What did I miss?

Me too, what a load of crap. I'm sick of the big boys putting out 3rd XI's to play League 1 teams. It's a flippin' insult to the home fans who otherwise never get to see the likes of van **** and Mane play and to the players themselves who no doubt would relish the challenge of being up against the world's best. Even if Shrewsbury had been 5-0 down at HT at least the fans and the players would have had a day to remember fr the rest of their lives.

Romance of the Cup? No wonder the Beeb got fobbed off with this non-event.

Me too, what a load of crap. I'm sick of the big boys putting out 3rd XI's to play League 1 teams. It's a flippin' insult to the home fans who otherwise never get to see the likes of van **** and Mane play and to the players themselves who no doubt would relish the challenge of being up against the world's best. Even if Shrewsbury had been 5-0 down at HT at least the fans and the players would have had a day to remember fr the rest of their lives.

Lovren played ! The best player in the whole wide world !

All the Shrewsbury players will be at least be able to tell their grand kids that they played against Pompey. Massive club, massive.

Thank God. Really didn't want to play them again. We've got nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Don’t talk nonsense man. Nothing to gain, pony.

Smash 4 or 5 past them again in the same season. They’re league one ffs, we battered them when we were Shiite. We’re on our best run for a long time, we could seriously embarrass them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Odds are probably fair, if anything should be 1000/1 with our record over the last 40 years. You’d expect Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester , if you add Spurs to that the last 8 looks very strong.

So in the first three rounds, we’ve had three home draws against Spurs, Norwich and a Championship team and the round 4 tie has gone to a replay. Sound familiar? :)

It's had a nice ring to it but no Wolves and Hornets to continue the trend. But we have so far had the Terriers, Cockerels and potentially the Canaries. If all goes to plan we'll take the Shrews in the quarters and then anyone from the Owls, Bluebirds, Throstles, Magpies or Rams after.....the fish-fiddlers need not apply.

Odds are probably fair, if anything should be 1000/1 with our record over the last 40 years. You’d expect Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester , if you add Spurs to that the last 8 looks very strong.

Yeah, in that time we've only been to 4 quarter-finals, 3 semi-finals and a final - I would say 10 million to one would be more accurate.... :lol:

Just noticed the 5th Round ties are all midweek and no replays, the 'magic of the cup' is waning.

Yep games will be spread over Tuesday/ Wednesday/ Thursday that week, so if us or Newcastle get through and they put one of us on the Thursday we could find out league game the following weekend moving, it’s a bit of a mess really.

Just noticed the 5th Round ties are all midweek and no replays, the 'magic of the cup' is waning.
Yeah, only a matter of time before FA Cup replays are scrapped altogether to keep the champions league clubs happy, who don't give a stuff about the competition. Maybe the time has come to allow them to not enter if they care so little about the cup? That way, the rules can be set to suit the clubs who want to play in it rather than those that don't.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk