Kyle Walker-Peters

Saint-Armstrong

In our last six league games without Cedric, we drew 1, lost 5 and conceded 18 goals.

So, unless Walker-Peters slots in immediately and proves to be just as good as Cedric, this move could cost the club millions of pounds in lost league prize money. Kat and Gao are letting their greed get the better of them because their short term gain of a few hundred thousand pounds could very well turn into a loss of millions.

How did you get your stats. We’ve lost 11 games in league. Cedric has played in 5 losses.(wolves, west ham, Newcastle, Everton & Bournemouth). We beat Brighton after losing first 2 games. That leaves 4 losses.(man city, Leicester, Chelsea & spurs)It also excludes the fact we won 2-0 after he went off in the palace game.

According to a friend we wanted to put in an option to buy but Levy is a nob and wanted a huge fee.

A nob for wanting to make the most money he can out of selling an asset and not relenting easily? Isn't that what our fans have been calling for our hierarchy to do for years now?

A nob for wanting to make the most money he can out of selling an asset and not relenting easily? Isn't that what our fans have been calling for our hierarchy to do for years now?

For the record, i'm not calling Levy a nob. I was paraphrasing what I was told. :lol:

I've seen nothing mentioned for us but Newcastle have just loaned Danny Rose until the end of season at £2m. Wouldn't expect it to be anything like that.

I guess it depends if there really were other clubs interested/Levy's poker skills. I suspect there will have been a fee of some sort despite it being good for both parties.

I guess it depends if there really were other clubs interested/Levy's poker skills. I suspect there will have been a fee of some sort despite it being good for both parties.
Also the fact that Rose has had an established career in the Prem, is very highly rated and has played for England.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So we don't actually need an option to buy clause, as he is a free agent in June?

In that case, we are doing well if we can get £5M for Cedric as he is similarly in his dotage with us.

We aren’t getting £5m for Cedric. There’s a loan fee of

Edited by Greenridge

Great to have him on board. Welcome!

How do we win in this situation? If the lad proves to be dynamite, Spurs will recall him no question. If they don't want him then it'll be a bidding war with all the London clubs.

Let's hope he loves the rural lifestyle and is not attracted by the bright lights and will see his future here liking hiking and biking, Can't see it myself 'though.

Just wondering how this breaks down?

1m fee

wages to the tune of 50k a week for 6 months 1.3m

some agent monies etc but not enough to make up the shortfall of my very average maths

not doubting it but not sure where the 5m comes from if only less than 1m fee - can someone help?

Just wondering how this breaks down?

1m fee

wages to the tune of 50k a week for 6 months 1.3m

some agent monies etc but not enough to make up the shortfall of my very average maths

not doubting it but not sure where the 5m comes from if only less than 1m fee - can someone help?

I think it’s likely he’ll be on more than £50k pw but even so, as you suggest, it doesn’t quite add up. What is for sure is we are not ‘getting’ £5m from Arsenal for him. And we have the net impact of fees and wages for KWP. All-in-all it’s neither here nor there in financial terms in the grand scheme of things. It’s also a player-for-player so no squad strengthening either.

Here's David Ornstein on that £5m Cedric figure:

"The total package is worth around £5m to Southampton. That will comprise a loan fee, complete salary coverage and possibly other savings such as a loyalty bonus that would have been owed (I don't know this for certain with Soares but it is not uncommon). Southampton get a good deal for a player who is out of contract in the summer and Arsenal get a six-month loan that is not costing them much more or less than many others comparable deals and they can review the situation in the summer."

Here's David Ornstein on that £5m Cedric figure:

"The total package is worth around £5m to Southampton. That will comprise a loan fee, complete salary coverage and possibly other savings such as a loyalty bonus that would have been owed (I don't know this for certain with Soares but it is not uncommon). Southampton get a good deal for a player who is out of contract in the summer and Arsenal get a six-month loan that is not costing them much more or less than many others comparable deals and they can review the situation in the summer."

ok so the 5m includes wage cover and a fee possibly and a few other bits on top of the fee. If we remove 1.5m for wages and 1m for some fees (god knows what) they are paying us a loan fee of 2.5m.

basically do you want...

Soares - part of a settled back four and been good been average/poor at points but deffo playing pretty well of late, generally not great crossing and poor at back stick defending , deffo off in the summer

or

KWP- reasonably well thought of but not sure how good (aka somewhere between bertrand and martina), could stick around after the summer if it works out + £2.5m

Im happy enough with either really. Probably wouldve chose the former but only just. If KWP is well liked by the current management and they think he could sign in the summer if hes played with us for then they could see this easily as a good deal. I dont think it quite fits as being able to push the penny pinching model on some levels but 2.5m doesnt get you alotthese days. I suppose if its the 2.5m that means we can allow Fraser to go at a cut price fee etc then it could be part of a bigger picture. who knows. Doesnt completely scream of investment from the top i will agree that though!

This doesnt take in to consideration any need to strengthen at full back etc just the plain choice of the two.

Signed a new 3 year contract in 2019 which takes him to June 2023. £1.04m per year (£20k per week).

You won't be surprised to hear that MLG already pointed out the error in the Transfermarkt's contract duration data! :lol:

Mind you, £20K pw? I didn't think any Prem 1st team players were on such 'paltry' money.

You won't be surprised to hear that MLG already pointed out the error in the Transfermarkt's contract duration data! :lol:

Mind you, £20K pw? I didn't think any Prem 1st team players were on such 'paltry' money.

Apparently he is not alone at Spurs, Gazzanigga on same. Mind you, its about double what Yan Valery is on.

All according to this site, make of it what you will:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/tottenham-hotspur-f.c/payroll/

It’s been widely published from media outlets close to SFC. Unlike some I don’t make things up and certainly don’t claim to be ITK.

Not seen many myself. Your argument could equally be used in justification for the £5M amount - in fact I have seen more articles quote £5M.

Reality is no one outside of the negotiating teams really know, and for me if Ralph is happy with it, then so am I. And no I don't have any proof that Ralph is happy with this but we will have to see if it happens and what he says about it and whether we believe him.

Not seen many myself. Your argument could equally be used in justification for the £5M amount - in fact I have seen more articles quote £5M.

Reality is no one outside of the negotiating teams really know, and for me if Ralph is happy with it, then so am I. And no I don't have any proof that Ralph is happy with this but we will have to see if it happens and what he says about it and whether we believe him.

There seems to be zero dispute that, according to sources close to both Arsenal and Southampton, that the £5M number includes wages, agents fees and bonuses. It is not the loan fee being paid to SFC by Arsenal. You don’t have to accept that of course. That is your prerogative.

Being in London the standard claim it’s £1m loan fee and c £2m to cover his £65k pw wage. Not sure of any of those facts but I’d have thought £3m overall for a player who wants out and will be a free agent in the summer sounds about right. Would have thought our loan fee for KWP would be similar but saving on wages. Risk of course is come summer we’ll still only have one contracted right back (who Ralph clearly has concerns with)

Being in London the standard claim it’s £1m loan fee and c £2m to cover his £65k pw wage. Not sure of any of those facts but I’d have thought £3m overall for a player who wants out and will be a free agent in the summer sounds about right. Would have thought our loan fee for KWP would be similar but saving on wages. Risk of course is come summer we’ll still only have one contracted right back (who Ralph clearly has concerns with)

Do you know much about Lamptey at Chelsea looks to be Brighton bound one we missed out on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be zero dispute that, according to sources close to both Arsenal and Southampton, that the £5M number includes wages, agents fees and bonuses. It is not the loan fee being paid to SFC by Arsenal. You don’t have to accept that of course. That is your prerogative.

To be clear, I am not disputing that the £5M is a total package saving for Saints - however it is made up - loan fee, wages, non-payment of contract termination fees etc. etc. Net for Saints is we save £5M (KWP loan is a separate issue for who we have to pay regardless of Cedric going or not).

My comment was directed at your suggestion (as below) that the net £5M saving was spin by the club and it's favoured press - not sure I agree with that part, but as you say we are all entitled to what we choose to believe. No slight intended - apologies if you saw it that way.

My comment was directed at your suggestion (as below) that the net £5M saving was spin by the club and it's favoured press - not sure I agree with that part, but as you say we are all entitled to what we choose to believe. No slight intended - apologies if you saw it that way.

No apology required whatsoever Red. None of us know the facts. The ‘spin’ comment was due to this (£5m ‘deal’) number getting widely banded about by sources close to the club (Blackmore, The Telegraph etc) when you virtually never hear of figures involved when players are loaned in or out. Take KWP for example. Look how many times this figure has been mentioned across these pages in the last day or so. ‘It’s great business by the club to get us £5m..’. To me there was a specific reason that it was done on this occasion and that was to appease the fan base with some kind of justification of losing a defender (albeit ‘replaced’) by another when we started the window with multiple clear comments from our manager that he wanted two more fullbacks.

Anyway, I think this topic has now been done to death. He’s gone. We have a net gain of zero in the FB positions. Let’s hope KWP is pretty useful and that we carry on with our record low injury position through to the end of the season.

Edited by Greenridge

Do you know much about Lamptey at Chelsea looks to be Brighton bound one we missed out on

I saw this news and was pretty disappointed. I think he made his debut over the Xmas period and Lampard has talked highly of him and was unsure whether they could keep him due to the options they have at RB (particularly the emergence of Reece James). He is pretty short in stature, but looked good on the ball.

Spurs fans seem surprised that a Premier League club wanted him as they believe a Championship club would be more his level.

"It is fairly obvious this KWP will never make it. He is a local lad, yes but he has had so many years to improve. The weight, the strength. He is and never will be a premier league player. I wish him all the best."

"I think he's bang average and he's lucky to get the opportunity in the premier League"

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/kyle-walker-peters.20453/page-51

Spurs fans seem surprised that a Premier League club wanted him as they believe a Championship club would be more his level.

"It is fairly obvious this KWP will never make it. He is a local lad, yes but he has had so many years to improve. The weight, the strength. He is and never will be a premier league player. I wish him all the best."

"I think he's bang average and he's lucky to get the opportunity in the premier League"

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/kyle-walker-peters.20453/page-51

Interesting how selective quoting can support either side of an argument... ;)

7a6c5a59bc043039709ed587539a4b59.jpg

There were some worried about him, but who knows, Bertrand was poor at Villa and was a worry when we signed him but has turned out amazingly. Sometimes players need to find the right home and the right manager to give them confidence to perform.

The bigger worry is that he does well and then Spurs want £30 million for him.

I can't take what ANY Spurs fan says seriously, they're mostly all complete bellends.

There were some worried about him, but who knows, Bertrand was poor at Villa and was a worry when we signed him but has turned out amazingly. Sometimes players need to find the right home and the right manager to give them confidence to perform.

The bigger worry is that he does well and then Spurs want £30 million for him.

We rate him so much, we didn’t feel we could buy him.

We rate him so much, we didn’t feel we could buy him.

What a stupid statement. How do you know he was for sale? Perhaps we made an offer but they refused? Perhaps we or he or both he said let's see how this season goes. Perhaps it's something else. Just because he hasn't signed permanently doesn't mean that we don't rate him.

egg said:
What a stupid statement. How do you know he was for sale? Perhaps we made an offer but they refused? Perhaps we or he or both he said let's see how this season goes. Perhaps it's something else. Just because he hasn't signed permanently doesn't mean that we don't rate him.

Don't disabuse poor Batman, he lives in a plain black and white world.

Edited by badgerx16

• 4 months later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Kyle Walker-Peters