Kyle Walker-Peters

Saint-Armstrong

Loan is ok, as long as we are not committed to it, what worries me is both Poch and Mourinho have gone for different options over him, not just for first choice but for back up as well.

Aurier is awful IMO, at least defensively and he easily keeps his place ahead of KWP under two top managers and Poch even played a centre-back right back instead of him.

And we have to remember where Spurs are currently as well, we are taking a 3rd choice right back from a mid table premier league team.

Well the Kwp is a loan so not 12m, whereas Maehle was a 'buy' at somewhere around €12m, similar to Adams, Leeds would only pay 20m if they got promoted so there wasnt much point letting him go, anyway none of us know its all guess work
If its all guess work then why did you assume the reason we would choose Adams and kwp over augustin and maehle is lack of money? Especially when you have no proof the latter cost more than the former and quite a lot of evidence to the contrary.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Whilst he's not looked great when I've seen him, if this is a loan with an option, it gives us cover on both sides. It also frees JWP up to stay in the middle where he's most effective. If he's another Danso, then we aren't committed. If he proves himself, we have a winner. Not the worst bit of business.

Whilst he's not looked great when I've seen him, if this is a loan with an option, it gives us cover on both sides. It also frees JWP up to stay in the middle where he's most effective. If he's another Danso, then we aren't committed. If he proves himself, we have a winner. Not the worst bit of business.

I like these loan options. Especially if we've been as poor in the transfer market lately as we have been.

Likewise. A loan makes a lot of sense, especially for a player no one other than Spurs has had a really good look at. Wonder if we just have to pay his wages or there is a loan fee as well? We need some cover. We can't risk having no fullbacks. Hope he shines. The two Spurs fans I know haven't been terribly impressed. That worries me a little...

Still find it hard personally to have any real opinion on Danso other then Ralph can’t rate him that high, but from a personal judgement he just looks like a player with a decent physique and actually quite pacy for a cb.. that looks like he’s being played out of position.. I’d have liked to see how he was in a centre back role

Just checked with a 65 year old Spurs supporting mate who said that he is a good young player who was doing well until he picked up an injury and has struggled to get his place back. He said it would be a good buy for us.

I just checked in with my 66 year old spurs mate, he said he’s terrible, he went to see him play in a league cup match last year and he scored and own goal, gave away a penalty and got sent off. He said he’s a young Alexi Cherednik.

My Spurs mate says that everyone on the Spurs forums says he's rubbish but my mate tells me that he's been reminding everyone that all Southampton fans definitely said that Mane was rubbish and look how that turned out basically Kyle Walker-Peters will turn out to be as good as Mane because everyone says he's rubbish now.

To sum up. He’s a young player who a big club had high hopes for but an injury has stalled his progress.

We’re looking for a player who can cover both full back positions and he appears to fit the bill.

We have a good manager who encourages young talent, this lad has a point to prove and maybe just needs a change of scene/new challenge and we seem to have the opportunity to bring him in and have a look at his potential and how he fits in with his teammates. If it doesn’t work out we don’t have to buy him and can look around in the summer.

Or we could spend millions on deadline day as we have done previously.

Know what I’d do...

I don't even know who our 4th choice right back is, but there's no way in the world a team 3 points behind us would be weighing up a potential £12m deal with a view to him taking over the number two shirt next season.

As a short term loan to cover Cedric and possibly Bertrand (although he's very one footed) the move has some merit, though.

Having said that, if/when we reach a the safety mark, I'd rather the manager was giving game time to Vokins and Valery rather than someone else's player.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Out of favour player, injuries stalled his career, not getting a look in at a big side, the forum writing him off before he has played. Sounds like Danny Ings to me.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

When has this forum ever been wrong about a player?

This argument about his ability, or lack of it, reminds me of the furore on here when we signed Ryan Bertrand. According to many on here it was a death knell for the team ‘cos we signed such a talentless useless player who couldn’t get games at any of his previous clubs.

Loan with an option, we seriously can't lose! Also, trust Ralph to harness the talent he has obviously seen.

I would imagine that's what the negotiation is about. We will want the option to be our call ie. if he's good, we buy him, but if he's not them we send him back. Spurs will not want to offer us that. They will want us to have a compulsory purchase agreement or it to be their option whether to sell or not. We have said we don't want to take a player on loan, develop him, and then the owning club take him back. If it's a loan with a compulsory purchase term, then we may as well just pay in full now. We don't yet know if it's our option to buy or Spurs option to sell or keep.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/walker-peters-agrees-move-to-southampton-from-tottenham/

Suggests a loan with no option/obligation as the two clubs couldn't agree on the fee.

That would be a shame.

I read that as saying there is no future transfer agreement in the loan deal. There's no reason why we can't try and negotiate a deal in the summer if we like the look of him over the remainder of the season.

I read that as saying there is no future transfer agreement in the loan deal. There's no reason why we can't try and negotiate a deal in the summer if we like the look of him over the remainder of the season.

His price will go up if he does well. He’ll also be in demand from other clubs.

Pity we didn't do this with Vestergaard and Hoedt ..... won't even mention Carrillio (lol can't even remember his name or how to spell it so wish I hadn't mentioned not to mention him) :mcinnes:

The club got lambasted for agreeing to Scouse terms with no option of backing out of the Ings loan/Transfer, now we want to have it sewn up before we even have a look at him!!

Basically we're stalling until the summer, where we'll be left with only Valery. Hope KWP does well, but if he does maybe someone better will take him; and if we have no option then we're powerless, good to see we learned from the Toby saga. If this is our only business then it's a good job we're relatively comfy.

I just can't see any possible reason that we wouldn't want to include an option in there? It seems like they are more than willing to have it included.

Because Levy wants way above what anyone will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

• Lighthouse changed the title to Kyle Walker-Peters