Kyle Walker-Peters

Saint-Armstrong

Double-barrelled names used to be thought by many people to indicate a more 'upper class' background. These days it's just as likely to mean that the person's parents weren't married. There is another category which tends to be woman only - people who have become known to the public by their maiden name and retain that name but linked to their partner's name when the marry. JWP is probably in a different category of double-barrelled name to KWP but I stand to be corrected by anyone who knows better.
This is true.....look back at most sitcoms from the 60`s/70`s and generally speaking any "posh" person had a double-barrelled name.

Double-barrelled names used to be thought by many people to indicate a more 'upper class' background. These days it's just as likely to mean that the person's parents weren't married. There is another category which tends to be woman only - people who have become known to the public by their maiden name and retain that name but linked to their partner's name when the marry. JWP is probably in a different category of double-barrelled name to KWP but I stand to be corrected by anyone who knows better.

My wife wanted to keep her maiden name as the first part of a double-barrelled name with mine, but my surname is one of my only legacies in life so she agreed to take it. In the end she was just glad to stop being Miss Cock and become Mrs Sucker. :facepalm:

Anyway is KWP going to happen soon or do I have to refresh all day?

The sort of signing that would be the last line of a Beeb article had we signed someone permanently on the same day! Still I think he’ll surprise a few people, I just hope we don’t get to summer and regret not getting the option after he comes good for us. Hopefully whatever happens he’ll still be surplus to requirements at Spurs and the option won’t matter if we want to buy him.

Maybe the plan is to get him on on loan, make sure he fits in with our system, likes being at the club & then carry on the negotiations, during the loan, for a permanent deal if all's good?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Or maybe we just can't afford it/don't think he's worth that

Given his lack of games probably didn't want to be stiffed with obligation to buy for a big fee and levy probably didn't want to give us simple option to buy.

From the sounds he's more versatile on the left than cedricwhich will help. If valery returns looking sharp and bertrand stays fit I'd hope kwp spends most of his time warming the bench cushions.

My thoughts exactly. Don't get why we've only taken him on loan. I guess it can only be because we won't have a RB when Soares goes to Arsenal.

Because it's Tottenham. Levy clearly wanted a ridiculous fee - which in fairness to him, he got for the likes of Kevin Wimmer and a few others I can't think of right now.

I was rather hoping this was a signing as a way of covering our shortage of full backs. But if Cedric leaves that suggests he is the new RB and we haven't improved our cover situation at all. Slightly concerning but not wholly surprising.

My friend (Spurs fan) said he seems like a good lad and is technically good but is pretty slow, short and weak. Funnily enough after we beat them 2-1 last season he asked me if Redmond was really fast because he was leaving KWP for dead every time. I had to inform that Redmond isn't particularly fast...

Don’t really get this deal. 1 he doesn’t really seem that great anyway

2 if he does turn out great Tottenham can either keep him or slap the price right up.

I know he’s young but all we get is crying like babies that we can’t shift our squad players but seem happy enough to take other teams squad players off their hands

Or maybe we just can't afford it/don't think he's worth that

Maybe we can't afford his wages. I read he is on £100k,not sure I believe that but there you are. He's also not fit to play yet, and not eligible for the Spurs replay. Will he be ready for Burnley on 15/2? The blurb from the club says he is being brought in to strengthen, but how can that be if Cedric is being loaned to Arse? Something just doesn't add up here. Happy to see Kyle Leonardus join but not sure what is going on and whether it makes sense.

2 if he does turn out great Tottenham can either keep him or slap the price right up.

I know he’s young but all we get is crying like babies that we can’t shift our squad players but seem happy enough to take other teams squad players off their hands

Think its about getting Cedric off the books, KWP fitting our profile and us hoping that a few good months -if he does well for us- won't significantly change his valuation (given his lack of an overall track record).

The fact is that the summer transfer window is much better for buyers than sellers and there will be other options available. Levy has very little leverage now or in the summer.

so, we are still having to shift players to bring him in.

got rid of 1 right back to bring another in.

incredible

Don’t you think Cedric for 5m is good business?

KWP can cover both sides Cedric was terrible at left back against Bournemouth.

Valery is said to be near fitness

Don’t expect you to see the positives you never do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Thanks

It’s not £5m though. That figure includes the net reduction of his wages off our books between now and the end of his contract

It's not £5m. It's £5m Inc the wages we won't be paying. If he's on £70k pw for another 20 weeks we're seeing about £3.5m for the player. They'll be a loan fee for KWP I'd imagine, and agents fees to pay on both deals. Looking at all of that, the net gain will be minimal, and we'll have replaced a proven RB with an unproven one with no fit RB to cover.

Seems reasonable to me.

Move on a player the manager has never overly fancied who was leaving in the summer anyway and who is injured.

Even if it’s not 5m saved once you factor in kwp lower wages and loan fee it will help in the summer given we’ve an owner with no money.

We are still 5m better off aren’t we whether wages or loan fee?

Err, no. We will be paying the new RB’s wages and knowing Levy’s reputation probably 100%. We might / probably are paying a loan fee to Spurs too.

Edit: The Telegraph are reporting the loan fee from Arsenal is.........

Edited by Greenridge

The deal is we have no cover for our full backs. If Bertrand and soares are out together for any length of time then we will get murdered. We get some cover which at least means soares and Bertrand don't have to play every single game and spurs get some development for a player. Hopefully win win.

Edit just seen we are getting rid of soares as well. Not great. Ah well at least we are unlikely to be relegated.

Edited by hypochondriac

so, we are still having to shift players to bring him in.

got rid of 1 right back to bring another in.

incredible

The Arsenal interest in Cedric has only just surfaced whereas we have been in for KWP for a while so I don’t think that is the case. It looks more like a case of shifting someone who is currently injured and is off at the end of the season out now. If we were that desperate for cash surely we would have offloaded Adams?

The Arsenal interest in Cedric has only just surfaced whereas we have been in for KWP for a while so I don’t think that is the case. It looks more like a case of shifting someone who is currently injured and is off at the end of the season out now. If we were that desperate for cash surely we would have offloaded Adams?

My guess is we were originally in for kwp because we thought Valery was out for longer.

Isn’t every finishing position worth extra c£2m? So could be very false economy

In our last six league games without Cedric, we drew 1, lost 5 and conceded 18 goals.

So, unless Walker-Peters slots in immediately and proves to be just as good as Cedric, this move could cost the club millions of pounds in lost league prize money. Kat and Gao are letting their greed get the better of them because their short term gain of a few hundred thousand pounds could very well turn into a loss of millions.

Adams?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Kyle Walker-Peters