Kyle Walker-Peters

Saint-Armstrong

Woohoo. Spurs reserve who can't get in their side behind someone not very good, incoming. Whelm position- low.

If it comes down to KWP or no KWP, as our full back positions need strengthening, I would absolutely go with KWP. I'm sure Ralph wouldn't have sanctioned it unless he could do a job for us and he seems to have the attributes to be a good right back, let's just hope we can coach the bad stuff out of him and are left with the good stuff. Cedric injured, Valery ill, KWP for Danso strengthens right back IMO.

Maybe we should go in for Celtic's player recruitment people who spotted Frimpong for £350,000 from City. They seem a hell of a lot smarter than anyone we've either had or have at present.

This.

Having said that, I imagine Celtic make their own signing gaffs too, we just don't focus on them like we do our own players.

I fully endorse the Frimpong idea. Every time I see him, he stands out.

Update regarding Walker-Peters: #SaintsFC were hopeful of getting the deal completed and announced today. That’s now changed. Everything has been agreed between the parties involved but the formalities will now take place tomorrow instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently West Ham have bid for an unnamed right back. I wonder if their late interest is hampering things...

Yeah wait until his first sign of a mistake. Batman, Mr X and their ilk will be all over the poor sod.

good luck to him. IF (and a big IF) Cedric leaves this window, we wont have done anything what so ever in improving the squad.

Adds already huge pressure to the summer window, where we will need half a new team at this rate (which wont happen)

good luck to him. IF (and a big IF) Cedric leaves this window, we wont have done anything what so ever in improving the squad.

Adds already huge pressure to the summer window, where we will need half a new team at this rate (which wont happen)

Isn’t that what we want? So that We free up the wage bill and Ralph can build his own team adapted to his style of play.

So people are either on a constant wind up or they are generally insatisfied in life.

Isn’t that what we want? So that We free up the wage bill and Ralph can build his own team adapted to his style of play.

So people are either on a constant wind up or they are generally insatisfied in life.

given the appalling levels of backing Ralph has had so far, I will be shocked if...

1. We are able to not only shift 5+ players (we know the ones), but bring in 5+ players who are good enough to start*

2. Ralph remains our manager

*there will always be a reason why we will over-promise but under-deliver

So No Option to Buy included? I didn't think we were the sort of team to loan bigger club's players and develop them then send them back? And he has a hamstring injury... I started off liking this transfer, but I grow less and less sure about it. Aren't there any fit right backs we can sign in the whole wide world on a permanent or a loan with an option to buy?

I suppose it means we can get to the summer and reassess, but we will have only Valery on the books by then. We'd also need a left back, centre back, central midfielder, and probably another striker. That's lot of transfer business for a team that doesn't like doing transfer business. I wouldn't want Ralph's job!

So No Option to Buy included? I didn't think we were the sort of team to loan bigger club's players and develop them then send them back? And he has a hamstring injury... I started off liking this transfer, but I grow less and less sure about it. Aren't there any fit right backs we can sign in the whole wide world on a permanent or a loan with an option to buy?

I suppose it means we can get to the summer and reassess, but we will have only Valery on the books by then. We'd also need a left back, centre back, central midfielder, and probably another striker. That's lot of transfer business for a team that doesn't like doing transfer business. I wouldn't want Ralph's job!

I never really understood people saying that. If it was some unknown striker from Spurs youth team and we were dropping Ings in order to give him experience, then I'd get the criticism. All that really matters is whether he is a better option than we've got right now. I don't know but it's hardly a position we're flush with talent of our own.

!

Preferably from ones that are also fit to play from the time they join rather spending the first month undergoing rehabilitation.

And one that isn't a shortar$e.

given the appalling levels of backing Ralph has had so far, I will be shocked if...

1. We are able to not only shift 5+ players (we know the ones), but bring in 5+ players who are good enough to start*

2. Ralph remains our manager

*there will always be a reason why we will over-promise but under-deliver

I think you misread Ralph's character to be honest. I don't think he wants expensive signings, he wants to develop players. I think he doesn't want to bring players in unless he can shift others first because he wants a close knit group where everyone has a role and a chance of getting in the team. And I think he he's a patient perfectionist who would rather wait until the summer to get the right player than accept less now

I think you misread Ralph's character to be honest. I don't think he wants expensive signings, he wants to develop players. I think he doesn't want to bring players in unless he can shift others first because he wants a close knit group where everyone has a role and a chance of getting in the team. And I think he he's a patient perfectionist who would rather wait until the summer to get the right player than accept less now

Spot on.

Apparently West Ham have bid for an unnamed right back. I wonder if their late interest is hampering things...

I think that Moyes named Cash at their news conference today when pushed by reporters as a transfer target.

The squad has improved without any new signings in the last couple of months so it may well do so again in the future with the current squad plus a RB

Buying players I don't think is a priority at the moment but it probably will in the summer

West Ham might be after a different Danish RB, if you believe the Mail:

West Ham open talks with RB Salzburg over full-back Rasmus Kristensen https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7939235/West-Ham-open-talks-RB-Salzburg-Rasmus-Kristensen.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The squad has improved without any new signings in the last couple of months so it may well do so again in the future with the current squad plus a RB

Buying players I don't think is a priority at the moment but it probably will in the summer

We are in a good run and some players are playing to their maximum but that is not sustainable. There is a massive lack of quality in several positions, a short burst of form doesn’t change that

We are in a good run and some players are playing to their maximum but that is not sustainable. There is a massive lack of quality in several positions, a short burst of form doesn’t change that

Good post the squad is too large of poor quality due to Reed/Wilson/Krueger we may have to swallow the fact we lose money on Forster/Elly/Hoedt to get off wage bill.

It’s why I would jump if Leicester offer 15m for Vestergaard.

Carillo can’t see any more than 2-3 million at best from a Spanish/Argentinian but in all cases means players get lower wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad point, but equally injuries expose the lack of quality in the depth of the squad. A key reason for the uplift in form is Ralph finding the right balance in formation with the best players in the squad, but once this is disrupted we look ordinary again. JWP being slotted in at RB is the best example of this.

KWP will help with issue, although the big question is how long it takes for him to get match fit.

It is times like now, good position in the table, good manager, that we should strengthen in areas we are desperate.

It is times like now, good position in the table, good manager, that we should strengthen in areas we are desperate.

Yep, I’m a relative position of strength. But as goas investment is safe for another year and we don’t have anyone to sell to fund signings a loan is the best we will do.

My mate who is a spurs season ticket and a bit of a pedo who watches the youth a lot says he's not a bad little player that needs a run of games. He rates his potential. I agree with him, his style of play also fits well with ours so his transition should be quick.

Not a bad point, but equally injuries expose the lack of quality in the depth of the squad. A key reason for the uplift in form is Ralph finding the right balance in formation with the best players in the squad, but once this is disrupted we look ordinary again. JWP being slotted in at RB is the best example of this.

KWP will help with issue, although the big question is how long it takes for him to get match fit.

But when jwp slotted in at rightback vs palace it was arguably our best performance of the season

Maybe we should go in for Celtic's player recruitment people who spotted Frimpong for £350,000 from City. They seem a hell of a lot smarter than anyone we've either had or have at present.

You could say the same about Liverpool and our recruitment people. It's about levels- when Celtic signed him he could develop then play for the first team. Then he's good enough for us to get and develop then play for the first team. If we brought him in when Celtic did he'd probably be playing for our reserves or out on loan and not getting the game time he's needed to develop.

Yep. Still ridiculous we have 3 CM options in JWP, Hojbjerg, Romeu. That's literally it. Will be a suspension/injury there soon. Armstrong doesn't seem to work in that position, after that we're down to kids who've barely ever played.

Yes, but 3 becomes 2 in reality when JWP is used at RB. No idea why Slattery is so out of favour, but he or Smallbone are next in line which is ridiculous.

Not WP but I raise you Forbes Phillipson-Masters....
Double-barrelled names used to be thought by many people to indicate a more 'upper class' background. These days it's just as likely to mean that the person's parents weren't married. There is another category which tends to be woman only - people who have become known to the public by their maiden name and retain that name but linked to their partner's name when the marry. JWP is probably in a different category of double-barrelled name to KWP but I stand to be corrected by anyone who knows better.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Kyle Walker-Peters