Don't Mention Saints at Work

Lighthouse

Seems to be saying that talking about football can lead to being sexist... so you shouldn't talk about football...

I'd like to see the research that suggests that talking about football leads to sexist behaviour. Also the research that suggests that preventing talking about football would stop the following sexist behaviour from happening.

Seems ridiculous to me.

Seems to be saying that talking about football can lead to being sexist... so you shouldn't talk about football...

I'd like to see the research that suggests that talking about football leads to sexist behaviour. Also the research that suggests that preventing talking about football would stop the following sexist behaviour from happening.

Seems ridiculous to me.

Correct. It's like a gateway drug. You're a meek, soy-milk drinking champion of women's rights. You start talking about the merits of Kevin danso or make a complimentary remark about Ben Stokes' bowling and before you know it you're reaching for an ale, pinching the a*se of the filly in the cubicle opposite, mixing in a lewd comment about Samantha from accounts and pondering what it would feel like to motorboat Lorraine from HR who might be an older lass but she's still got some life left in her.

Slippery slope.

Edited by hypochondriac

An obviously weird comment that they've pushed as a "news" story to get people talking about it.

Pretty sure the BBC knew it was ridiculous but realised it would get a load of web traffic so put it out. Seems to be one of the most commented on stories so it worked.

No rational boss is going to ban people talking about sport. Just like they won't ban people talking about reality TV.

An obviously weird comment that they've pushed as a "news" story to get people talking about it.

Pretty sure the BBC knew it was ridiculous but realised it would get a load of web traffic so put it out. Seems to be one of the most commented on stories so it worked.

No rational boss is going to ban people talking about sport. Just like they won't ban people talking about reality TV.

You say that but a friend of mine has to attend workplace banter training next week.

I’ve no problem with football chat being banned in front of chicks at work. I don’t want to hear about soaps, cooking, shoes, or handbags ,so don’t see why they should put up with blokes chat. I’d much rather it was banned than have to listen to dopey birds trying to join in with the football banter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve no problem with football chat being banned in front of chicks at work. I don’t want to hear about soaps, cooking, shoes, or handbags ,so don’t see why they should put up with blokes chat. I’d much rather it was banned than have to listen to dopey birds trying to join in with the football banter.

Plot twist.

Can you remind us of the famous penalty story again? How your dopey doris, silly bint, snap dragon of a missus embarrassed you in front of your proper drinker, bum chum but not soft-arsed, kipper mates?

These people are f*****g nuts.

What about us poor blokes who can't join in the discussion on last nights Love Island or Eastenders cos we really have zero interest in either. Are working women really feeling downtrodden because they don't understand offside or the lbw law and are unable to contribute to the debate, which in reality is probably a 3 minute exchange at the coffee machine in the morning.

Why are these non-entities, who do exist in the real working world, given the time of day anyway?

This just highlights everything that is wrong in todays society in the year 2020. Utterly, utterly ridiculous. This person should not be given air time to spout her stupid opinion. But its what we have come to expect from the BBC in recent times. I despair, whatever next??

Maybe she wasn't specifically given air time to talk about that but it just happened to come up as part of a larger interview?

The BBC can't win. Labour supporters slammed it for being pro-Tory while Tories slammed it for being pro-Labour.

If they weren't allowed to report on stupid things people say then there would barely be a mention of Donald Trump on the news.

Indeed. Hook line and sinker. Surprised we don't have any posters on here with similar baiting prowess... #textbook

... unless you want to get fired for sexual harassment. :|

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51261999

Well if I'm going to get sacked for telling a colleague I want to go balls deep in her, they will bloody well listen to me ramble on about Berkovic's right foot during the 6-3 while I'm being carted out the building. :-)

(SNSUN does not condone sexual harassment in the workplace. However, thinking of results such as the United 6-3 or the Skates 4-0 could bring about orgasm, which could be deemed as sexual harassment if it occurs at the wrong time.)

barking mad that we still have a TV license. Sooner it has been binned, the better.

The whole concept is flawed, let alone much of the content spewed from it

Agree. The concept was fine until it lost its audience.

The licence fee....yay or nay. There's a subject fit for referendum.

Well i spoke to a female Leeds United fan today and she’s promised to slut drop in thong And Leeds shirt the office if they go up. She’s not afraid of the toxic masculinity of talking about football over a cup of herbal tea whilst doing lasts weeks expenses.

Well i spoke to a female Leeds United fan today and she’s promised to slut drop in thong And Leeds shirt the office if they go up. She’s not afraid of the toxic masculinity of talking about football over a cup of herbal tea whilst doing lasts weeks expenses.

What’s a slut drop? I feel like I shouldn’t google it

barking mad that we still have a TV license. Sooner it has been binned, the better.

The whole concept is flawed, let alone much of the content spewed from it

I thought you'd be all in favour of keeping British traditions?

Oh well, time to privatise the armed forces I guess. It's will make them more efficient and the shareholders will only attack countries that there'll be a good financial return from.

Oh well, time to privatise the armed forces I guess. It's will make them more efficient and the shareholders will only attack countries that there'll be a good financial return from.

I can see it now, a "Group 4" army, Sodexho doing the catering (sorry Batman) and Capita doing all the procurement and wages etc. What could go wrong?

Great point, well made