Liverpool v Saints Build Up

trousers

Would you not have done the same as him? I know I would have. Yes he could have gone about in a better way but you can’t really blame him for wanting to move.
I don't blame him for having ambition, but the guy is a complete ****. There's no excuse for the way he acted in order to try and force a move, completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the club who gave him a 6 year deal and made him captain.

No doubt he'll end up doing the same to Liverpool one day when the wind changes and someone else offers him more cash.

I hope Danny Ings embarrasses him tomorrow.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I don't blame him for having ambition, but the guy is a complete ****. There's no excuse for the way he acted in order to try and force a move, completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the club who gave him a 6 year deal and made him captain.

No doubt he'll end up doing the same to Liverpool one day when the wind changes and someone else offers him more cash.

I hope Danny Ings embarrasses him tomorrow.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

When Mané went to Southampton from RB Salzburg, he played a dirty trick on his team. Salzburg was about to play an important Champions league game but Mané was absent, nobody knew where he was, so he did not play. He wanted to enforce his move to Southampton - what finally happened, but first he betrayed his fellow players in Slazburg ...

Looking in the dippers forums they say how well we have been playing but still think they'll beat us without breaking a sweat ! I'm going to stick my neck out and say 2 nil saints on those terms , they said the same over both legs of the cup semi we played them and they were pants .

Looking in the dippers forums they say how well we have been playing but still think they'll beat us without breaking a sweat ! I'm going to stick my neck out and say 2 nil saints on those terms , they said the same over both legs of the cup semi we played them and they were pants .

Can't really blame them for being supremely confident.

#40 MrRinsin:

IMO there is a bit of a professional friction between Ralph and Jürgen. The media loved comparing the two and IMO Hassenhütl resented that. I thought Southampton players were very disrespectful to the Boss in last year’s away fixture. Let’s not forget, Nathan Redmond and Hojbjerg arrogantly barking and gesticulating at JK late in the match which I thought very odd. I will forever love Ingsy because he is all class, but I will not lie, I want our boys to properly smash this lot. Put them back in their place.

:lol:

I would love it if we beat them

#40 MrRinsin:

IMO there is a bit of a professional friction between Ralph and Jürgen. The media loved comparing the two and IMO Hassenhütl resented that. I thought Southampton players were very disrespectful to the Boss in last year’s away fixture. Let’s not forget, Nathan Redmond and Hojbjerg arrogantly barking and gesticulating at JK late in the match which I thought very odd. I will forever love Ingsy because he is all class, but I will not lie, I want our boys to properly smash this lot. Put them back in their place.

Forgot to add this was taken from a Liverpool forum, if it wasn't obvious enough!

Here's another from their forums:

Big game against our former feeder club. Last few years the games against southampton felt like an audition for the opposition players all trying to get there name in the spotlight against us in the hope that they were the annual Liverpool purchase. They were almost all individually selfish trying to show off there talents to the detriment of the team. Doubt that will be the case this time but gee we've come a long way since then. None of their players would even upgrade our bench.

Of course the Liverpool fans are ridiculously confident. They are breaking records all over the place atm. Don't know why people are getting upset that they think they will smash us. It wasn't that long ago that we were playing absolutely pathetically and looking like being relegated.

Add to the fact that Liverpool play counter attacking with pace and we are ****ed. It's the exact style of play we struggle against as we push our midfield quite high. So they will break multiple times with an extra man. You don't get away with that when they have Salah, Mane and Firmino up top.

I just hope Ings gets a goal, we give a good account of ourselves and we keep the score down.

Maybe they beat us, but definitely not "without breaking a sweat".

Indeed. The way we are set up to play away at the moment, if anyone wants to beat us they will have to work extremely hard for it.

I'm expecting us to get beaten, but it will be no walk in the park and I'm expecting Klopp to say it was the hardest win if the season so far. I can happily accept that.

But on the flip side, I was fully expecting us to get beaten by Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester recently as well.

Gonna be a great game, whatever the result. Just gutted I've not been able to recover from this flu quick enough to actually go :(

Of course the Liverpool fans are ridiculously confident. They are breaking records all over the place atm. Don't know why people are getting upset that they think they will smash us. It wasn't that long ago that we were playing absolutely pathetically and looking like being relegated.

Add to the fact that Liverpool play counter attacking with pace and we are ****ed. It's the exact style of play we struggle against as we push our midfield quite high. So they will break multiple times with an extra man. You don't get away with that when they have Salah, Mane and Firmino up top.

I just hope Ings gets a goal, we give a good account of ourselves and we keep the score down.

Was it last season ( or the one before) they destroyed a good Poch spurs side, who where playing a high line press, by utilizing Mane's pace? I can see the same happening today against us. I like the way we are playing at the moment but it does leave us exposed against good passing sides with pace on the counter.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Was it last season ( or the one before) they destroyed a good Poch spurs side, who where playing a high line press, by utilizing Mane's pace? I can see the same happening today against us. I like the way we are playing at the moment but it does leave us exposed against good passing sides with pace on the counter.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Mané is out injured today though isn't he?

#40 MrRinsin:

"Put them back in their place" said the Liverpool die-hard from Hounslow.

Indeed. The way we are set up to play away at the moment, if anyone wants to beat us they will have to work extremely hard for it.

I'm expecting us to get beaten, but it will be no walk in the park and I'm expecting Klopp to say it was the hardest win if the season so far. I can happily accept that.

But on the flip side, I was fully expecting us to get beaten by Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester recently as well.

Gonna be a great game, whatever the result. Just gutted I've not been able to recover from this flu quick enough to actually go :(

Coronavirus?!

Got a sneaky feeling we are going to be the banana skin for Liverpool and inflict a shock defeat on them, ending their run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Liverpool supporting boss was saying something to the effect of ‘we’re going to lose eventually, I wouldn’t be too surprised if it’s this one’ yesterday. I’ll decide how much I think he knows after both the final whistle and my comp review

Time for a bit of reverse psychology to counter all the unnerving positively on here...

Ings to pick up a season ending injury on 7 minutes. Liverpool go on to win 7-0, via a VvD hattrick. Ralph hands in his resignation after the game and this time the board accepts.

Thank me later...

Time for a bit of reverse psychology to counter all the unnerving positively on here...

Ings to pick up a season ending injury on 7 minutes. Liverpool go on to win 7-0, via a VvD hattrick. Ralph hands in his resignation after the game and this time the board accepts.

Thank me later...

You could have just gone with the tried and tested "it's got 0-0 written all over it" ;)

You could have just gone with the tried and tested "it's got 0-0 written all over it" ;)
Did cross my mind, but felt that wasn't negative enough. I'm trying to channel my inner Saintsweb pessimist here. Might need a few lessons from those that are much better at it than me though... :)

An honest appraisal.And withouts Cedric we have a weakened defence. A realistic approach to the game, pressurise and hold the midfield, then break for Ingsy.

COYR

My Liverpool supporting boss was saying something to the effect of ‘we’re going to lose eventually, I wouldn’t be too surprised if it’s this one’ yesterday. I’ll decide how much I think he knows after both the final whistle and my comp review

Bloody hell. Football talk at work confession. I’m surprised HR weren’t called in to stop this!

Fully expect the bin dippers to win by luck or a Friend. Ecstatic if we can get a draw, delirious with a win!

As much as Klopp irritates me, his comments re Ings ahead of today were top class:

"He made the perfect decision to join Southampton. It took him a little time to get his rhythm back but now he's on fire, like the whole team. To see him now is a wonderful thing. The goals he is scoring are exceptional. Even if he is no longer here, he is kind of still 'our boy' and we follow each step of his career and celebrate each time he scores - although that will be different tomorrow."

Credit where its due.

As others have mentioned, I got a feeling we might get something here.

Put a tenner on us getting a win at 11/1

Ings to put us 0-1 up. Firmino to get the equalizer after var helps them out. Djneppo to get the winner in the 89th min....

Can dream right :)

I'm just glad we took the chance to upgrade our fullbacks when we had the opportunity, like Ralph suggested we should.

It's lucky we have so many options in midfield too! Our strength in depth in this squad is amazing.

I can foresee no difficulties ahead for us this season, all plain sailing from here on in.

I'm so happy that the board managed to shift out more deadwood and replace it with quality so there no weaknesses left in our machday squad!

I'm just glad we took the chance to upgrade our fullbacks when we had the opportunity, like Ralph suggested we should.

It's lucky we have so many options in midfield too! Our strength in depth in this squad is amazing.

I can foresee no difficulties ahead for us this season, all plain sailing from here on in.

I'm so happy that the board managed to shift out more deadwood and replace it with quality so there no weaknesses left in our machday squad!

How many right backs do you want? Two is fine, both are in training and very close to being ready... just not today for Walker-Peters & Valery

I'd have liked a full back who might have been as good as the one who left, instead of a cheap fill-in who has never looked comfortable at defending in the Premier League.

Say what you like about Cedric, his 1v1 defending on the deck was very, very good. KWP has never looked that capable in those situations, and Valery can be a clumsy liability at times.

While I do share your frustration a little, the January window is always tricky to get the right deals. If we were in the bottom three I daresay we would have signed some players because anyone would be better than no-one. However, with (hopefully enough!) breathing space between us and the relegation zone, perhaps it's better to only sign specific players. If they're not available, then this season no-one is better than 'anyone'.

At some point of course, we do have to see some sort of plan coming together and I very much hope I'm right about the above and we have got a clear vision about our summer transfer targets.