Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

Relying on youth it is then - Valery and Ramsey as right backs, Vokins at left back, Jones and Klarer coming in to Centre Back, Reed back with Smallbone in central midfield, Tyreke Johnson, Sims and Tella in attacking midfield, and N'Lundulu and Obafemi in attack. What could go wrong!

Seriously with the uncertainty over the Premier League, I hope the delays find us time to find a buyer, or we really will be in big trouble. I can only see us selling the big assets like JWP and Ings, and maybe Redmond, Bertrand and Hojbjerg and rebuilding from the funds with cheap players. What do we reckon we'd get? JWP and Ings should fetch around £60-70 million I reckon in today's market, and the other three maybe £50 million combined IMO. I can see us shopping in the £5 to £10 million market if we don't get investment.

Wildly undervaluing a few players there. Redmond will be 60m+ Hoj will be 35m or more if he signs a new contract. Ings will be 50-60m too considering players like Haller and Joelinton went for 40m. Jwp again 50m+.

Also, maybe I'm being a little optimistic but I doubt the club will sell big names when looking to sell the club. We need to be seen as valuable and sustainable to find a buyer. May even be a statement signing or two like how Ashley brought in Almiron when trying to secure a sale.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Wildly undervaluing a few players there. Redmond will be 60m+ Hoj will be 35m or more if he signs a new contract. Ings will be 50-60m too considering players like Haller and Joelinton went for 40m. Jwp again 50m+.

Also, maybe I'm being a little optimistic but I doubt the club will sell big names when looking to sell the club. We need to be seen as valuable and sustainable to find a buyer. May even be a statement signing or two like how Ashley brought in Almiron when trying to secure a sale.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Lol. No chance is redmond 60 million. Laughable.

Lol. No chance is redmond 60 million. Laughable.

Rubbish, he's young, he's english, he's a consistently high performer who is clearly key to the way we play. Why some of our fans don't rate him I will never know.

Rubbish, he's young, he's english, he's a consistently high performer who is clearly key to the way we play. Why some of our fans don't rate him I will never know.
Who said I didn't rate him? He just very obviously isn't worth 60 million plus. No one would pay that, you're insane.

Who said I didn't rate him? He just very obviously isn't worth 60 million plus. No one would pay that, you're insane.

Last season he got 10 g+a in the league. That's more than Dele Alli, one less than Martial, more than Willian ect. Three years ago when the market was inflated far less than it is now Richarlison went for 50m having only scored 9 g+a. Look what 20/30m gets you nowadays, Almiron (2 goals 0 assists in well over a year), Bernard (4 goals 5 assist in 2 seasons), Walcott (6 goals 4 assists in two seasons). This is the market now people like Anderson who cant get off the bench for West Ham went for 42m. And, again, Redmond is english, we know this adds atleast 20% to a transfer fee, it's why such stupid money was offered for Callum Wilson last year.

Last season he got 10 g+a in the league. That's more than Dele Alli, one less than Martial, more than Willian ect. Three years ago when the market was inflated far less than it is now Richarlison went for 50m having only scored 9 g+a. Look what 20/30m gets you nowadays, Almiron (2 goals 0 assists in well over a year), Bernard (4 goals 5 assist in 2 seasons), Walcott (6 goals 4 assists in two seasons). This is the market now people like Anderson who cant get off the bench for West Ham went for 42m. And, again, Redmond is english, we know this adds atleast 20% to a transfer fee, it's why such stupid money was offered for Callum Wilson last year.

for someone to pay £60m for redmond, you would need one of Europe's elite clubs to buy him. That ain't happening

for someone to pay £60m for redmond, you would need one of Europe's elite clubs to buy him. That ain't happening

A team like spurs could easily drop 60m on him. If West Ham survive they could also if they weren't so stacked in that position. Everton aren't far off a 60m player either I wouldn't imagine.

A team like spurs could easily drop 60m on him. If West Ham survive they could also if they weren't so stacked in that position. Everton aren't far off a 60m player either I wouldn't imagine.

they could But they wont

This isn't fantasy football. A team like West ham would never buy redmond for 60 million plus. Ever.

Redmond is getting better and better the longer he’s injured :lol:

averages around 4 goals and 2 assists each season and perked up briefly before his new contract.

Never before has a player become a £60m+ superstar whilst injured. He's decent and a big part of our team but a bit of perspective is needed.

Never before has a player become a £60m+ superstar whilst injured. He's decent and a big part of our team but a bit of perspective is needed.

we do this on here.

a players value and ability can absolutely plummet or go sky high based on teams results while they are injured.

While Redmond was here for our short purple patch, he’s also been almost ever present over our 4 year footballing decline.

Everton paid £34m for Alex Iwobi.

They'd drop £45m+ on an actual first team player easily.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Everton paid £34m for Alex Iwobi.

They'd drop £45m+ on an actual first team player easily.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

They spent 50m on Richarlison and 40m on Sigurðsson

I think they can and will spend 60m on a player soon enough - but it won't be for Redmond

I would be surprised to see even one new player come in this summer. No money to invest, too many sub-standard players not getting a game, club in debt....it’s a recipe for relegation unless Ralph works miracles...again.
To be honest mate I would be surprised to see any club make any signings. Not sure how governing bodies can open the transfer window when the season won't have ended yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

To be honest mate I would be surprised to see any club make any signings. Not sure how governing bodies can open the transfer window when the season won't have ended yet.

They opened it in January when the season hadn't ended. Player contracts end on 30th June in Europe, plus season long loans end so something will need to change if the 2019/20 season is played beyond that date.

They opened it in January when the season hadn't ended. Player contracts end on 30th June in Europe, plus season long loans end so something will need to change if the 2019/20 season is played beyond that date.
Clubs won't sign players and pay their wages if there's a chance next season won't be played.

Clubs won't sign players and pay their wages if there's a chance next season won't be played.

I wonder if that will give clubs more leverage with regards contracts that are coming towards their conclusion.....

I wonder if that will give clubs more leverage with regards contracts that are coming towards their conclusion.....
I think you'll certainly see players that otherwise would have gone on a free agreeing to a year extension on the same terms, or even reduced in some cases. For once the club's hold the power as otherwise players will go without pay for a year.

Could benefit us long term if the season is cancelled and the Prem pays out compensation to clubs, deadwood one year closer to release with their wages partly covered etc.

On the flip side might be a few bargains available with clubs wanting to move players on that wouldn't be playing anyway.

I think you'll certainly see players that otherwise would have gone on a free agreeing to a year extension on the same terms, or even reduced in some cases. For once the club's hold the power as otherwise players will go without pay for a year.

Could benefit us long term if the season is cancelled and the Prem pays out compensation to clubs, deadwood one year closer to release with their wages partly covered etc.

Why would they do that if the season is cancelled for reasons completely outside their control ?

He's not worth £60m but I don't think we'd let him go for less. Same with Maguire - no way he's worth £80m objectively, but United wanted him and Leicester weren't prepared to sell him for less. Doesn't mean he's now better than VvD, Pique etc. because he cost more, but that was the value Leicester placed on him.

I don't think there's any danger with the prem clubs. It's the lower league ones I'd worry about.

Agreed the lower league ones are in bigger danger. But most premier clubs have massive wage bills (ours is £75 million I think). If there is no PL money for a year how do those clubs pay their players?

We never did get to that magical 36 point contract renewal stage that Ralph mentioned.

Does this mean Shane Long won't get offered one now? Joking aside there will be a whole load of players who might find they get offered substantially lower terms because clubs will be trying to save costs after losing out on cash.

Big clubs usually go for players that have one (or if they're lucky, more) outstanding qualities, and unfortunately Redmond doesn't have any. He's a bit above average in most characteristics, but doesn't index enough beyond that for the biggies to take notice.

I think there will be very little transfer activity across the board this summer. Sadly, anyone who thinks next season won't be as affected - and probably more affected - by coronavirus than this season is dreaming, I'm afraid.

I do wonder if this season will simply take two seasons to complete. All sorts of issues with that, and god knows how many clubs lower down the pyramid would survive, but this doesn't look like getting any better before the start of next season in August, does it?

We are going to have a terrible summer. We're already in financial turmoil and lost money from match day tickets and sales due to corona. Not to mention that the Premier League monies for TV appearances will be in jeopardy if the season doesn't finish, or the fact that the club is now running with greatly reduced income at time when it isn't budgeted.

Plus ofc, we have the wrong first team players on short contract expries, and Les Read's golden spunk generation of players inflated wages and long contracts.

Why anyone would have any enthusiasm about this summer is beyond me. Outside of hoping we get taken over by Red bull!! :lol:

Sorry to be negative, sign of the times. Feel free to cheer me up ;)

We are going to have a terrible summer. We're already in financial turmoil and lost money from match day tickets and sales due to corona. Not to mention that the Premier League monies for TV appearances will be in jeopardy if the season doesn't finish, or the fact that the club is now running with greatly reduced income at time when it isn't budgeted.

Plus ofc, we have the wrong first team players on short contract expries, and Les Read's golden spunk generation of players inflated wages and long contracts.

Why anyone would have any enthusiasm about this summer is beyond me. Outside of hoping we get taken over by Red bull!! :lol:

Most clubs, if not every club, will be feeling the same hit. The transfer market, if it ever 'happens', will be a non-event this year.

If next season is wiped off, that s more players out of contract and more off the wage bill.

Not sure we should renew Long at this rate as he will be 34 by next summer...

If next season is wiped off, that s more players out of contract and more off the wage bill.

Not sure we should renew Long at this rate as he will be 34 by next summer...

Maybe.

But there'd be some money due to TV money. The previous season losses include poor spending, failing to get rid of players. We haven't spent much this season. We'll shift a few, have a more streamlined squad. We won't have a manager sacking and hiring to pay for.

A small squad with competition from the likes of Smallbone, Vokins, Valery isn't the end of the world IMO. Better than spending big on rubbish. I'd love a new keeper and striker but if we stick with McCarthy and work on Adams so be it.

We could sell Vestergaard, who clubs seem to like for some reason, ditch Mo, forster, carillo, lemina, hoedt, probably Boufal too. We'd have enough for a couple of £15m level signings. A CB and midfielder you'd imagine, maybe get a loan or two.

There's no reason if done well we couldn't have a mid table team without net spending.

Good effort Adrian, some valid silver linings in there :lol:

It is difficult to understand what the effect of the current health crisis will have on club economics which includes transfer values.

My personal view is the latter will see significant reductions and presumably this will have an effect on club finances.

It would be interesting to see what 'values' are attributable to our loan players but can see that these must have reduced considerably in todays markets.

That said, hopefully, there are bargains out there to be had, provided Mr Goa's finances are not completely shot.

I really can't believe that gibberish like this is still being thrown out. Assume it's an agent who hasn't woken up to the fact that the gravy train is about to dry up.

Utterly stupid on so many levels.

https://beta.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/04/03/do-you-need-to-southampton-star-asks-45m-star-to-sign-for-the-sa/?amp

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I really can't believe that gibberish like this is still being thrown out. Assume it's an agent who hasn't woken up to the fact that the gravy train is about to dry up.

Utterly stupid on so many levels.

https://beta.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/04/03/do-you-need-to-southampton-star-asks-45m-star-to-sign-for-the-sa/?amp

The story is based on quotes from Yan Valery, not an agent.

The story is based on quotes from Yan Valery, not an agent.
I would think most likely an agent asking Valery whether he'd like to see Konate at Saints and then building a story round his answer.

I've no idea whether he's worth that much but there's no way Saints will throw even half as much at yet another CB until we've offloaded a few. That's if there actually is a transfer window at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I would think most likely an agent asking Valery whether he'd like to see Konate at Saints and then building a story round his answer.

I've no idea whether he's worth that much but there's no way Saints will throw even half as much at yet another CB until we've offloaded a few. That's if there actually is a transfer window at all.

It was a 21 year old footballer in a global pandemic lockdown posting on social media to his mate. How exactly would an agent benefit from being involved from telling Valery to post such a thing?