Maya Yoshida - Loaned to Sampdoria

DuncanRG

I never understood Caceres time at our club. We signed a good international player as a free agent and never played him.

It's as if he came here for a paid holiday.

We signed the only player we could outside of the transfer window as emergency cover and we treated him like the emergency cover we brought him in for. There was never any intent to play him unless we had a further injury crisis, ie an emergency.

We signed the only player we could outside of the transfer window as emergency cover and we treated him like the emergency cover we brought him in for. There was never any intent to play him unless we had a further injury crisis, ie an emergency.

I think the point is that we were **** at the time and yet Reed doesn’t want to play him cause he s on a massive pay as you play deal.

For the last bloody time, Caceres is a right back not a bloody central defender.

Nope, he's primarily a central defender who can operate as a RB or LB or even as a wing back. The confusion comes about because he often operates on the right side of a back three, but there is absolutely no doubt that his primary position is as a stopper, not a full back.

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Our last player from the first season back in the PL. Best wishes to the man.

You are forgetting our Skipper!

Suprised the club haven't made a little more of this today.

12 hours ago, trousers said:

Screenshot_20200630-221838.png

The club need to invite this fella back for a lap of honour or suchlike when fans are allowed back in stadiums. 

Classy, as always.

Will never be remembered as a truly 'great' player, but a fantastic club servant and a true gentleman who always gave his very best.

Solid player and a decent bloke by all accounts, I wish him all the best for the future and hope the club offer him the chance to attend ag ame when we have fans back in the ground so he can get the appreciation he richly deserves.  Never a world beater but consistent and reliable the perfect squad player who always did a job.

Edited by a1ex2001

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Yoshi- the only player from a few years back who wasn't a bit weird or tried to hit on my sister. A really nice bloke actually and I'll miss him. 

Two things, tell us more about your sister? and Spill the beans on the weird players!  

7 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Two things, tell us more about your sister? and Spill the beans on the weird players!  

My sister just used to work in hospitality at the ground and wasn't impressed by the behaviour of most of the players. Arrogant and making comments (not that I'm worried about my sister she can handle herself perfectly well without my input.) But yoshi was a gentleman as others have already said. I wasn't there and I doubt my sister could name the pkayers anyway as she has no interest in football. 

Edited by hypochondriac

5 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Classy, as always.

Will never be remembered as a truly 'great' player, but a fantastic club servant and a true gentleman who always gave his very best.

Sums him up perfectly.