Spurs 3-2 Saints - FA Cup Reaction

ALWAYS_SFC

Would like to see a strong team, there's no reason we can't go there and win. Really depends on how the 2 managers approach it given its the winter break.

Gunn

Valery

Bednarek

Stephens

Bertrand

JWP

Hoj

Refmond

Boufal

Ings

Adams

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would like to see a strong team, there's no reason we can't go there and win. Really depends on how the 2 managers approach it given its the winter break.

Gunn

Valery

Bednarek

Stephens

Bertrand

JWP

Hoj

Refmond

Boufal

Ings

Adams

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I’d go with this but would probably start Obafemi over Adams.

FYI for anyone going to the game, apparently Spurs have a "no bag over A4 size" policy like they now do at Wembley and also have no bag drop area, so anyone coming straight from work, leave your stuff in the office.

EDIT: More on it here: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-stadium/plan-your-visit/key-information/bag-policy-and-prohibited-items/

Edited by Mattio

FYI for anyone going to the game, apparently Spurs have a "no bag over A4 size" policy like they now do at Wembley and also have no bag drop area, so anyone like me coming straight from work is going to leave you work stuff in the office.

EDIT: More on it here: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-stadium/plan-your-visit/key-information/bag-policy-and-prohibited-items/

Thanks for the heads up.

Spurs have picked up a bit. Really hope today's game takes it out of them.

I know we'll stick with Gunn as cup keeper but I'd really rather not. Imagine Ings and Long will be rested and we still have no options at right back. So...

Bednarek Vestergaard Stephens

JWP Romeu Højbjerg Bertrand

Boufal Obafemi Redmond

I agree with the comment about Gunn, but why the heck would be go back to 3 at the back ? For the last 5.5 away games its worked really well, even when Vestergaard was part of a back 4 at Palace (ignoring his awful first half error). Please keep some continuity in formation and players ..... I would also hope Valery is back and we can get JWP back in midfield instead of Romeo who was very quiet yesterday. I think that there is a strong chance that with the break coming up that Ings and Long will start too.

providing there were injuries picked up yesterday I would definately start the same 11 against Spurs, the players then have 10 days off! City were very wasteful in front of goal today and controlled the game until the sending off. If we play anything like we played yesterday we will give Spurs a good run for their money.

With 10 days until our next game I can't see anyone being rested for this game. Other than Gunn in goal I reckon it could be same team that started against Liverpool with Valery making the bench.

I'm inclined to agree, although there's a train of thought that says having JWP back in the midfield position he has excelled in recently could outweigh the potential downside of playing Valery at right-back. Difficult call I guess.

I didn't see the spurs game today but the stats make it sound like they won against the run of play, 39% possession and only 3 shots yet a very impressive result beating City 2-0. Lloris must have had a good game, could do with Gazzaniga being back in goal, Alli injury seem enough to keep him out ?

I'd be much more confident if we had Cedric and Armstrong in the side.

I'm inclined to agree, although there's a train of thought that says having JWP back in the midfield position he has excelled in recently could outweigh the potential downside of playing Valery at right-back. Difficult call I guess.
I'd go with that too. I think KWP is cup tied? Or rules stop him playing if he wasn't available for the first game. Please not Danso.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I know we'll stick with Gunn as cup keeper but I'd really rather not. Imagine Ings and Long will be rested and we still have no options at right back. So...

Boufal Obafemi Redmond

I doubt it. Fortunately Ralph is the manager now, not zero-trophy Poch.

Boufal Obafemi Redmond

No need to rest Ings and Long, our next game after this is on the 15th!

I didn't see the spurs game today but the stats make it sound like they won against the run of play, 39% possession and only 3 shots yet a very impressive result beating City 2-0. Lloris must have had a good game, could do with Gazzaniga being back in goal, Alli injury seem enough to keep him out ?

I'd be much more confident if we had Cedric and Armstrong in the side.

They were very fortunate. City were wasteful, missed a penalty and an open goal, should have been 3-0 up then had a player sent off. Spurs scored with their first shot on target then a deflected one as city chased the game.

FYI for anyone going to the game, apparently Spurs have a "no bag over A4 size" policy like they now do at Wembley and also have no bag drop area, so anyone coming straight from work, leave your stuff in the office.

Got caught out going to spurs (Wembley) last year with this straight form work. Its a joke, and you only find out just as you're about to go into the stadium. Only take a bag if you absolutely have to.

Thought Burnley was Saturday.

It'll be full strength then. Just think we're missing JWP a lot in midfield and aren't coping that well without a right back. Also worry we'll run out of energy soon given how much we've put into games the last few months.

Spurs looked good on one hand yesterday, but on the other hand, if city hadn't been in one of their poor us it's all going against us moods it would have been 0-5 with the chances they created.

We can get some joy from that defence if we go for it. But we won't be keeping a clean sheet. Think we'd have to score 3 to win.

Remember saying something similar when we went to Liverpool...and won 1-0...

Thought Burnley was Saturday.

It'll be full strength then. Just think we're missing JWP a lot in midfield and aren't coping that well without a right back. Also worry we'll run out of energy soon given how much we've put into games the last few months.

Spurs looked good on one hand yesterday, but on the other hand, if city hadn't been in one of their poor us it's all going against us moods it would have been 0-5 with the chances they created.

We can get some joy from that defence if we go for it. But we won't be keeping a clean sheet. Think we'd have to score 3 to win.

Yes, so I would swap PEH to RB and keep JWP in midfield. I think PEH played RB against City earlier this season and didn't do too badly.

Gunn

Valley, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand

JWP, PEH

Boufal, Redmond

Obafemi, Adams

Think the front two will not be popular with many, but it worked at at Chelsea and I think Ralph will go for fresh legs to get after Sours. Ings, Long and Moussa to come off the bench at some point with extra time and pens a possibility

N'Lundulu not in tonight's U23 squad. In contention for the bench on Wednesday perhaps? Or injured again maybe?588d612c5c37bfbfb5ebc205929681f7.jpg

P.s. there was a time when I used to recognise most names in U23 team announcements....!

Edited by trousers

I would go full strength on Weds, no need to rest anyone with a bit of a break coming up.

It’s just a shame we have to choose between JWP and Valery for right back, why we thought it was a good idea to disrupt a settled defence is beyond me.

???

Cedric got injured.