Liverpool 4 - Saints 0 Post match Reaction

davefizzy14

It's like being infracted for stamping on peoples dreams

:lol:

All Glasgow did was highlight 100% the policy on VAR.

:lol:

I think you are missing the point, and you know it. Yes, VAR review the entire game, the point being made is that there was no official review on that incident. Nothing. The simple fact is, it was a clear and obvious error, anyone can see that, the reason it was not given is an open discussion, but the fact is, an obvious penalty and potential red card was not given, and then 20 seconds later we concede. Any genuine fan would be up in arms and totally devastated about this.

It amazes me how people like yourself and the attention seeking egomaniac, will be in a constant state of frenzy over transfer decisions, yet bafflingly incompetent decisions like this? “It is what it is”.

I browse this forum a lot, agree with a lot of things said, disagree with a lot of things said, but what stands out to me are the few people on here who’s sole purpose is to wind up other posters by being constantly negative under some sort of guise of being a “forum character”.

Newsflash mate. Heisenberg and his cronies are not characters, they are just sad little keyboard warriors who likely have very little going for them other than their online personas. 98% of everything he posts is a thinly veiled dig and he revels in the reaction he gets on here. It’s pathetic. Imagine being like that in real life? People would find you intolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We had a VAR not awarded, Pool had a VAR not awarded so I guess that evened itself out.

We gave a good account of ourselves but were eventually overrun by a razor sharp attack, no shame in that esp when playing against a team that cost many multiples of what our team cost.

Still in the cup and some winnable games coming up, time to to dust ourselves down and start a new winning streak.

VAR not looking at Ings pen shout is strange at best, but then Longs grapple incident was also bizarre by not being given...almost like someone was evening things up after not giving the first deliberate error which gave Pool the advantage effectively. Fact is though, industry and intent do not win games of football by themselves - consistent quality, judgement and finishing in the final third invariably do and Liverpool have all that in spades, like it or not.

Saints played very well indeed and if we keep that level going in future games then we’ll end up better than last season. Especially when we have a proper RB and JWP and Armstrong back in midfield. Hojberg is a dilemma - there’s some great aspects to his game, but he does seem unaware of what’s going on around him sometimes so gets caught napping and good teams capitalise. Same with Redmond, Boufal and to some extent Romeu and this can often be the difference between winning and losing.

Ultimately not too worried about this result...it was on the cards and I’m more hacked off with shipping four goals TBH. Looking forward to the Spurs game Weds now.

I think you are missing the point, and you know it. Yes, VAR review the entire game, the point being made is that there was no official review on that incident. Nothing. The simple fact is, it was a clear and obvious error, anyone can see that, the reason it was not given is an open discussion, but the fact is, an obvious penalty and potential red card was not given, and then 20 seconds later we concede. Any genuine fan would be up in arms and totally devastated about this.

It amazes me how people like yourself and the attention seeking egomaniac, will be in a constant state of frenzy over transfer decisions, yet bafflingly incompetent decisions like this? “It is what it is”.

I browse this forum a lot, agree with a lot of things said, disagree with a lot of things said, but what stands out to me are the few people on here who’s sole purpose is to wind up other posters by being constantly negative under some sort of guise of being a “forum character”.

Newsflash mate. Heisenberg and his cronies are not characters, they are just sad little keyboard warriors who likely have very little going for them other than their online personas. 98% of everything he posts is a thinly veiled dig and he revels in the reaction he gets on here. It’s pathetic. Imagine being like that in real life? People would find you intolerable.

Batman loves VAR

Glasgow couldn’t give a sh1t if Saints win or lose and just likes to get under people’s skin.

Have to question part of your remarks. I thought Hojbjerg in particular and Romeu did quite well in midfield...the problem (in my view) was that the team (collectively) tired at about the hour mark after so much running, pressing and marking; space opened up and in those circumstances Salah, Firminho and their full backs were uncontainable. Armstrong is a strong, direct player but not a particularly composed on the ball and not necessarily a good decision maker. JWP did a reasonable job at RB, though he was exposed at times by Robertson and though he's done well in midfield in recent times, a game like this puts pressure on any midfielder.

Saints did well, and 4-0 was a harsh reward for their efforts, particularly the first half. IF anything it showed the bravery of Ralph to keep the 4-2-4 structure, which created chances but inevitably left us exposed as the game wore on......Armstrong and JWP in midfield would not have changed that. In fact PEH looked one of our best on the day, along with Ings, Djenepo and Bertrand.

I can agree with a fair bit of that. But I'm not sure we tired that much. We were still trying to take the game to them, and pressing, right to the end. In fact, that is why we conceded four.

I'll agree Romeu and Hojbjerg did a decent job, but Hojbjerg was a mixed bag at times. JWP is now better than Romeu in midfield. But we'll have to disagree on Armstrong. I think.he's the most aware, versatile and intelligent part of our midfield, and we missed him badly.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can agree with a fair bit of that. But I'm not sure we tired that much. We were still trying to take the game to them, and pressing, right to the end. In fact, that is why we conceded four.

I'll agree Romeu and Hojbjerg did a decent job, but Hojbjerg was a mixed bag at times. JWP is now better than Romeu in midfield. But we'll have to disagree on Armstrong. I think.he's the most aware, versatile and intelligent part of our midfield, and we missed him badly.

Yes, I like Armstrong too - is he versatile though? His pace and ability to drive forward with the ball is a tremendous asset; and makes him well suited to that AM/10 role. Does seem to drift in and out of the game. I thought Djenepo played well yesterday, and was probably more effective than Redmond.

Top half in the table was nice while it lasted

Appreciate this may have been tongue in cheek, but nothing about yesterday makes me less confident of a top half finish. We were the better team first half in my opinion (from what I could see from an awful view at the back of the stand, note to others to next get a seat at the back there again!) and so while disappointing result in the end not an unpredictable one.

However bigger picture is we are five points off fifth place, and unlike most other sides no longer need to play Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Spurs or Wolves who are going to win more than they lose. So if anything I think it’s genuinely on the table to push for top seven and who knows Europa League slot if the cups get won by the right people.

Our next few fixtures should yield plenty of points if we play the way we have been. That is a big if of course, but let’s go for it.

Ings 'penalty' reminded me of the Mane one on one at Leicester the year they won the league.

Easier for the ref / VAR ref to wave play on than disrupt the fairy tale.

Personally I think it’s more a case of the continual attempts by refs to punish players for trying to stay on their feet and instead reward diving.

Think the freekick would have been so close to the goal it would have been a nightmare for him to manage. So he bottled it rather than implement a clear rule. And, of course, VAR doesn't apply here under the illogical VAR rules.

That was my thinking too. Didn't even know it was an appeal for a backpass until I saw it on Twitter on the train home. Thought they were appealing for a corner at the time. Looking at how close to the goal the indirect free kick would have been, it would indeed have been very difficult for him to oversee. Plus it was right in front of the Kop, and his brown envelope had an extra bundle of 20s in it this week.

Has there ever been an indirect freekick that close to the goal (about 2 yards or less)? I cant think that I've ever seen that happen. The defenders would have been allowed to stand on the goal line, so the 10 yards rule wouldn't apply. The best bet for us would have been to treat it like a short corner in hockey, where they play it back to someone on the edge of the box to leather it in. You could actually have played it to the penalty spot as the defenders couldn't stand there as they'd be within 10 yards.

Edit - just looked this up and according to Wikipedia:

"In 1984, it was specified that an indirect free kick awarded for an offence within within the opposing team's goal area should be taken at the closest point on the six-yard (5.5 m) line. This change was made in order to avoid "crowding" and "jostling".

So it would have been on the corner of the 6 yard box. Still with defenders allowed to stand on the goal line.

Still think Friend is corrupt.

That was my thinking too. Didn't even know it was an appeal for a backpass until I saw it on Twitter on the train home. Thought they were appealing for a corner at the time. Looking at how close to the goal the indirect free kick would have been, it would indeed have been very difficult for him to oversee. Plus it was right in front of the Kop, and his brown envelope had an extra bundle of 20s in it this week.

Has there ever been an indirect freekick that close to the goal (about 2 yards or less)? I cant think that I've ever seen that happen. The defenders would have been allowed to stand on the goal line, so the 10 yards rule wouldn't apply. The best bet for us would have been to treat it like a short corner in hockey, where they play it back to someone on the edge of the box to leather it in. You could actually have played it to the penalty spot as the defenders couldn't stand there as they'd be within 10 yards.

"In 1984, it was specified that an indirect free kick awarded for an offence within within the opposing team's goal area should be taken at the closest point on the six-yard (5.5 m) line. This change was made in order to avoid "crowding" and "jostling".

So it would have been on the corner of the 6 yard box. Still with defenders allowed to stand on the goal line.

Thanks for the clarification. But no doubt it was a backpass. Deliberately hit with the outside of his foot towards the keeper.

Would have been exciting to watch if it had been given. Agree it would have been like a very short corner pulled back for a shot.

Edited by Shroppie

Batman loves VAR

Glasgow couldn’t give a sh1t if Saints win or lose and just likes to get under people’s skin.

I love the concept of VAR, the way it has been implemented since the turn of the year is horrendous.

Another one of his accounts? The sad thing is that the nutter has more than one account. If one gets banned he will use another. God knows why he does it - some sort of mental illness. Feel sorry for him.

This, feel sorry for him. Must be hard to live with that. Hope he gets the help he needs.

From memory (“you are the ref” and similar) an indirect free kick from inside the six yard box is taken from the six yard line.

No he’s been banned because right after the match he posted about 10 posts all designed to get a rise out of people. He does it every match with the insurance bets, the opposition goal incoming posts, the repetitive posting of his little digs like “just as well we are safe”. It’s not a ****ing playground, he needs to grow the **** up and stop being such an annoying tit.

People dont have to respond. Who’s the bigger fool, the fool who posts or the fool who gets angry about the fool?

Meatball ,I do understand your sentiments but he takes the criticism back at him and doesn't bite. This will be a pretty dull place without him. A library where you get hushed if you make a little noise. #Free the Scottish one

Lol I thought you'd been banned and there I was supporting you and n0ow youre back im disappointed lol

24 hour ban. Jimmy d is a delicate little flower and gets rather upset when people post things he does agree with. He’s also drunk on the power of being a mod, all in all a cocktail for forum dictatorship.

So having finally got home (thanks SW Railways). I watched MoTD. Ings incident looked more of a pen than I thought at the ground, but then again so did Long on Firmino. Id imagine most neutrals would agree with Alan Shearer & Ian Wright that both were pens, but that won’t stop people claiming it cost us the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts.

Both were penalties, which is why I wasn't pissed off with the Ings one. I was amazed VAR didn't give one for Long's rugby tackle on the goal line. It evened itself out.

Kevin Friend Of Liverpool was a joke with those multiple wrong decisions, all discussed here.

This is the first time (and probably last) that I felt proud of the team after a 4-0 defeat. Liverpool deserved to win but the score line flattered them. Our crime was naivety in committing too many forward at times, leaving us vulnerable to the lethal Liverpool counter attack.

With the result, losing my phone in some bar and then having to pay for another train ticket back to London from Liverpool due to it being on my phone it was a pretty rubbish weekend for me.

Played very well the first 60 minutes, if we would have taken one of the chances in the first half or had that clear penalty then it could have been a different story. Liverpool's quick transition from defence to attack mid way through the second half with ruthless finishing was the difference.

Onto Spurs Wednesday, but positives from the first hour Saturday.