Liverpool 4 - Saints 0 Post match Reaction

davefizzy14

Great first half by Saints. Liverpool came out and played much better 2nd half butttttt

Penalty 2nd half is a huge match changer. Ings gets caught, seems to get punished for attempting to stay on his feet. Often i see refs side but today Friend seemed desperate to not step on liverpool's run. How wasn't robertson's backpass a backpass. Also shows the problems with var it will check a penalty situation but not a free kick on the goalline.

VAR review all decisions. Just because it wasn't shown or announced by the commentary team doesn't mean it wasn't reviewed.

It was.

Technically, he’s correct... although, they didn’t look at the decision in more detail, which if that had, would have given a penalty.

Serious questions should be asked about the officiating today. Shocking.

Dont respond mate... how he gets away with this blatant winding up of the forum is beyond me... he is clearly a troll and the mods know it...
For the umpteenth time, there are no mods on this forum

Edit: I take that back... Faith restored :)

Edited by trousers

VAR is not the problem and has never been.

It is the incompetent referees we have in this league.

VAR is just exposing more and more the fact that they are crap.

Before you could always say the referee wasn t well positioned enough to see the action now they know longer have this excuse.

We’ll play worse than that this season and probably win.

4-0 was harsh but they are so much more clinical.

The players can’t let today knock their confidence.

Sure it won’t. Even at 4-0 they were playing with belief, heads up, so so much better than earlier in the season.

Every post he's made since the end of the match has been fishing for reactions.

Unfortunately for him he's got one from me.

He was/is 100% correct though. I guess you don't agree (and are wrong).

Play the ball, not the man! Unless pointing out cast iron fact in response to a particular topic is now 'fishing'?

VAR would have seen the incident but did not intervene as would not have seen that as clear/obvious.

I can't recall a more blatant biased refereeing performance. Back pass ignored. Freekick to them on the edge of the area for a clean tackle. Clear penalty not given. Their keeper handled outside the area. Nothing. Every challenge by us: free kick. Every challenge by them: play on. Yellow card not given.

Liverpool are good enough to win the league fairly. Getting the sort of decision they did today makes it a mockery. Friend may not have won it fir them today, but without his cheating, we would have run them close.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Seriously, we ought to make an official objection next time he is selected to ref us. At least that would make them think twice about giving him our games in future after that.

Does anyone know definitively whether VAR did review the penalty on Ings or not? Was this referred to in post match interviews?

We can complain all we like. But why is he immune to proper investigation?

This went way beyond questionable decisions and, IMO, was deliberate bias.

The PL need to act, but won't, because they have too much invested in foreign interest in the "top" teams staying at the top.

Seriously, we ought to make an official objection next time he is selected to ref us. At least that would make them think twice about giving him our games in future after that.

Does anyone know definitively whether VAR did review the penalty on Ings or not? Was this referred to in post match interviews?

VAR reviews all such incidents.

VAR reviews all such incidents.
Not if play continues for a while.

Can you imagine the reaction if, after a Liverpool goal at Anfield, it had been called back for a penalty to us?

But it should have been. As it stands, VAR is toothless and just as open to subjectivity, bias and cheating as leaving decisions to the ref.

Not if play continues for a while.

Can you imagine the reaction if, after a Liverpool goal at Anfield, it had been called back for a penalty to us?

But it should have been. As it stands, VAR is toothless and just as open to subjectivity, bias and cheating as leaving decisions to the ref.

VAR reviews all such incidents and if required, will intervene at the next break in play.

It is what it is.

If it reviewed it why wasn't it shown on the screen and televised with caption saying whether VAR says yay or nay. That's what usually happens. Why didn't that happen?

That only happens if VAR feels 'clear and obvious' has happened to allow for a closer look/on field ref to go to the monitor

If it reviewed it why wasn't it shown on the screen and televised with caption saying whether VAR says yay or nay. That's what usually happens. Why didn't that happen?

Because whoever was in control of VAR didn’t deem it to be sufficient enough to review further.

The official in charge of VAR reviews pretty much every tackle, if they feel like it was potentially a ‘clear and obvious error’ by the match official, then further investigation takes place.

Friend started off the game favouring Liverpool, giving us the odd free kick and penalising us everywhere else. Ings was tripped as he was going through, ignored, Liverpool break and score. The back pass was no accident, Friend ignored it.

We did well. 17 shots, 11 corners. The result was really a travesty.

JWP had a good game. Hojbjerg and Romeo went missing at vital times. Just before Boufal selfishly lost the ball, Hoibjerg gave it away under no pressure. A regular occurrence. It looks like he just doesn't look. When he broke through and shot too early he'd clearly panicked. The back four were quite good. Redmond, who wasn't as effective today and Djenepo were lively whilst Ings and Long caused Liverpool trouble all afternoon.

Adams and Obefemi don't seem to get it, neither do they bust a gut during their twenty minutes. Obefemi with his pace does a lot of spectating and loping rather than making the effort to close down. Adams looks more like a midfielder looking to pass rather than a striker. It looks a league to high for him at the moment.

For me, get Valery in at right back and JWP back into midfield, we missed him there the way he is playing now.

In fairness on the BBC website live reporting, it said that VAR did review it. No idea if that was accurate though.

There was no review because the goal was given and there was no delay or VAR opinion given. Penalty appraisals usually take a while.

Because just like the ref will be reluctant to give a penalty against Liverpool at Anfield, so the VAR ref will be reluctant to overrule him.

That, I agree with.

The beauty about the anal offside rule, all goals will be checked and that will provide a definitive answer

There was no review because the goal was given and there was no delay or VAR opinion given. Penalty appraisals usually take a while.

In that case it’s unacceptable really. It would certainly have been at least reviewed had it been the other way around and decision most likely reversed. Shows that VAR, whilst an improvement in terms of getting the right decisions, still provides enough wriggle room for the officials usual bias towards the favoured teams.

Not sure what people want: they hate the precision of an offside rule that virtually eliminates the discretion of the ref; then moan in other circumstances when the discretion they’ve been calling for consciously or unconsciously favours the big teams.

Not sure what people want: they hate the precision of an offside rule that virtually eliminates the discretion of the ref; then moan in other circumstances when the discretion they’ve been calling for consciously or unconsciously favours the big teams.

I fcking hate VAR. The upside of it is possibly that nailed on pens at Anfield may be given but it doesn’t sort that.

It is actually enjoyable watching a game in FA cup without VAR.

Not like that ref’s performance today is improved is it so what do we get for ******** delays?