Next 5 League fixtures - maximum points?

SNSUN

The 538 forecast points finish has been going up every week. It was 37 on Nov 10th

JWP back in CM

Burnley (h)- Win - they are not going to be able to cope

Villa (h)- Win

West Ham (a)- Win - they are poor and even worse at home

Newcastle (h)- Win -

Norwich (a)- Win -

15 points

Finish season on >60 points

7-8 points wouldn't be a disaster.

I think perhaps people have underestimated how tricky our games have been. We've played Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves all twice; whilst the sides below us have most of them still to play. Get to 40 points and we can relax, the next 5 games I think we can get ourselves there.

Top sides left to play:

Watford: Utd, Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, City, Arsenal (6)

Villa: Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea, Liverpool, Wolves, Utd, Arsenal (7)

Hammers: City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Wolves, Spurs, Chelsea, Utd (7)

Brighton: Wolves, Arsenal, Leicester, Utd, Liverpool, City (6)

Bmouth: Chelsea, Liverpool, Wolves, Utd, Spurs, Leicester, City (7)

Us: Arsenal, City, Utd (3)

We'd have to really arse it up from here, when you consider that half of some of these sides remaining fixtures are against the top 7! Yes there will be some surprises along the way, but we have done our hard part, the others still have to do theirs and I'll be stunned if they do as well as we did.

Most tackles in the Premier League this season:Ndidi - 86Moutinho - 65Ward-Prowse - 62Buendia - 57Hojbjerg - 57

I wonder what the passing completion and key passing rates are like. Even perhaps number of through balls or assists per match are like. Stats more reflective of a player dictating play.

I wonder what the passing completion and key passing rates are like. Even perhaps number of through balls or assists per match are like. Stats more reflective of a player dictating play.

77% for Hojberg and JWP pretty much, though I don't think our pass completion rates mean much, we are quite a direct team that tries to play forward quickly on the transition and even at times give the opposition the ball in their own half to then win it back.

I think the issue is that the teams fighting relegation will throw everything at us as they need the points more. I think we’ll draw to Burnley, Norwich and Villa, beat Newcastle and lose to West Ham. 6 points and needing one more win for safety

What it is a golden opportunity for this squad to turn a season that looked like despair, on the back of 3 seasons of treading water at best, into something potentially special and maybe reclaim a spot that we squandered away 4 years ago through sales and bad buys.

We are 3 points away from 5th in the league, with a fixture list of teams we know if we play well we can beat, with inconsistent bigger teams around us, whilst in good form, and pretty much only having to play a game a week.

I don't expect us to win every game, but I hope the squad recognises that if they take their foot of the gas and cruise the rest of the season it will be a criminal waste of a good position to progress the club.

Appreciate it misses the point of the OP somewhat ... But I think the points for the next five depend dramatically on the next one. Beat burnley, and we are safe IMHO, and put the home form hoodoo plus wolves second half behind us. From there think we'd beat villa and Newcastle and with that confidence could do well in the other two.

Being a fan for as long as I've been, however, I'm obviously programmed to be a pessimist and nervous wreck. Lose to burnley, and suddenly our ability to implode coupled with our inability to perform at home will leave me very worried about slipping back into the relegation scrap.

Which means we'll draw and leave me sat on the fence.

Edited by Chewy
Spelling

We should be utterly ruthless and go for 12 - 15pts. Just attack attack attack. Leave Bertrand and KWP on near the halfway line to prevent any quick breaks.

What is all this relax at 40pts malarkey? We are a few pts off 6th / 7th...might as well go for it? Probably about £20m difference in terms of relaxing and pushing for Europe.

So, you woke up this morning and said to yourself: "I know what I'm going to do today... Post a really positive and bullish point of view on the Saintsweb Forum. Yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do"....? Have you considered seeking help for this bizarre behaviour...? ;)

It must be that friday feeling. I just feel that with saints...we know finally what we are / how we play, what we have, what we don't have (it's been done to death on here) and have come through a tough set of fixtures with an astonishing return of points. Certinaly made Xmas a little more special.... Now in true Saints fashion, the "smaller" teams are the ones we slip up against...but that was before this new found confidence that the side has, a settled team and a faster more attacking style. It will be interesting to see how we fair against these side now. From here our season can go either way.
[emoji106]

It must be that friday feeling. I just feel that with saints...we know finally what we are / how we play, what we have, what we don't have (it's been done to death on here) and have come through a tough set of fixtures with an astonishing return of points. Certinaly made Xmas a little more special.... Now in true Saints fashion, the "smaller" teams are the ones we slip up against...but that was before this new found confidence that the side has, a settled team and a faster more attacking style. It will be interesting to see how we fair against these side now. From here our season can go either way.

Agrred

• 1 month later...