Saints v Burnley Build-up

SuperSAINT

I will be amazed if this game goes ahead. They might as well call it off now to save Burnley fans the hassle, and our own fans that have to travel from afar
They'll postpone it once I've got up at 5:00am, caught a 5:45 train and got three quarters of the way to Southampton.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They'll postpone it once I've got up at 5:00am, caught a 5:45 train and got three quarters of the way to Southampton.

It would be strange to be a bit tiddly during the day without a football match to watch, but you might as well complete your journey and have a few pints. Personally I might do a bit of shopping, a new rain jacket without a dodgy zip springs to mind.

I don't suppose the George V playing fields at Winchester will be playable on Sunday?! Joking aside, I can't think that many games will be played apart from the top level ones.

It would be strange to be a bit tiddly during the day without a football match to watch, but you might as well complete your journey and have a few pints. Personally I might do a bit of shopping, a new rain jacket without a dodgy zip springs to mind.

I don't suppose the George V playing fields at Winchester will be playable on Sunday?! Joking aside, I can't think that many games will be played apart from the top level ones.

That's the plan as I've got Advance non-refundable tickets, different routes down and back. No point in wasting them.

Anyway, been there, done that. Was the same for the postponed Leicester Cup game so I still went for a night away. The way we were playing then meant I git all the good bits of a footie trip - beer, curry - without the pain. [emoji23][emoji23]

If they postpone are the tickets refundable or do you have to just try and get to the rearranged game?
Usually tickets are valid for the rearranged game or you can get a refund.

But we're not Man City, so it won't be called off.

The current BBC weather report is for Southampton on Saturday for the 12:30 kickoff is light rain and strong winds (60 mph+). That isn't going to get the game called off.

It is forecast for light rain all morning, heavy rain and strong winds aren't forecast until after the game has finished.

Reminiscent of a certain Michael Fish [emoji6]

The current BBC weather report is for Southampton on Saturday for the 12:30 kickoff is light rain and strong winds (60 mph+). That isn't going to get the game called off.

It is forecast for light rain all morning, heavy rain and strong winds aren't forecast until after the game has finished.

I remember going to a game at SMS about 3 seasons ago when there had been a couple of days of torrential rain. I was surprised that the game was on. When I got to the ground the sprinklers were on watering the pitch! Don't think that rain will be a problem....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Well that's the game postponed then, cheers for that :D

67 mph winds forecast during the game. The issue may be insurance, and fans getting clobbered by debris forcing a postponement, rather than the game conditions, I would have thought (although those will be bad enough)

I’m not confident about this one. We struggle against teams who sit back and Burnley often turn us over. Be happy with a draw.

The conditions will suit Burnley, will be like a home game in August for them. A horrible horrible team which we just can't seem to beat in recent years. We will need to be strong and not be bullied. I would honestly be happy to postpone this one and play mid week in March. Much more likely to win

The conditions will suit Burnley, will be like a home game in August for them. A horrible horrible team which we just can't seem to beat in recent years. We will need to be strong and not be bullied. I would honestly be happy to postpone this one and play mid week in March. Much more likely to win

Keep the ball on the deck. Play at pace around them. Pass and move - we’ve not been bad at that in recent times

Unless there's a real danger to fans at the ground, they won't postpone. They won't be interested in fans' problems getting to and from the game, the potential dangers for players or the near impossibility of playing sensible football in torrential rain and 50mph winds.

They will worry about the gap in the TV schedule if it doesn't go ahead.

I’m not confident about this one. We struggle against teams who sit back and Burnley often turn us over. Be happy with a draw.

It won’t be a pretty game but ‘happy with a draw’ is aiming somewhat low IMO. Could go either way but a draw would be pretty ‘meh’ to me.

It won’t be a pretty game but ‘happy with a draw’ is aiming somewhat low IMO. Could go either way but a draw would be pretty ‘meh’ to me.

Yeah agree.

I think if we want top half we need to win these.

Away from home would have taken a point

I hope we win but ultimately miss out on Europe (which is likely anyway)

Not this next season. Summer is already going to be loaded with the sheer amount of business we have pushed down the road....

The chances getting that sorted are slim, let alone squaring away a Europa league qualification phase at the same time!

Reminiscent of a certain Michael Fish [emoji6]

It's because of Michael Fish that the BBC always panics and predicts the weather to be as bad as it can possibly be. They don't mind being wrong pessimistically, but they think they'll be shot if they ever fail to predict a storm.

Yr.no, a Norwegian site not given to panics, predicts a quarter of an inch of rain between now and kick-off, another eighth of an inch during the match, and winds about 30 mph (gust speed not estimated). It'll be reight.

I hope it goes ahead. I need all the money from my insurance bets to fund my boob job on Monday.

:)

I’d like to see Djenepo do something today, even if he only has a cameo. He started the season well but has suffered since his injury and Armstrong’s strong form.

It's because of Michael Fish that the BBC always panics and predicts the weather to be as bad as it can possibly be. They don't mind being wrong pessimistically, but they think they'll be shot if they ever fail to predict a storm.

A bit like your typical "glad I was wrong" doom and gloom Saintsweb poster then... :)

Edited by trousers

also, falling trees, the difficulty of away fans getting caught etc etc. It's not just the pitch, you know

Fck away fans. You live up north you take your chance, I need my football fix and happily accept a few people taken out by the odd scaffolding pole.

Fck away fans. You live up north you take your chance, I need my football fix and happily accept a few people taken out by the odd scaffolding pole.
Not all Saints fans live in Hampshire. I had the pleasure of getting up at 4:45 for this one.

Not all Saints fans live in Hampshire. I had the pleasure of getting up at 4:45 for this one.

where are you now?

Be horrible if called off........surely, a decision point will be fairly soon? (if there even is one)

All this chat about the weather playing into Burnleys favour, Rain might not be an issue but 60mph winds are going to play havoc with their hoof it up front game. If the winds are that strong a hoof into the penalty box is going to have to be starting out aimed at the control box in the Itchen Northam corner for the wind whipping over the Kingsland roof getting caught under the Itchen roof and blowing back across the pitch towards the Kingsland.

Should see some wayward football all round.

I know and fair play for the dedication but we don’t call off games for the odd outlier having transport issues.