Misc. Gay Discussion

sadoldgit

Celebrities making a big deal about coming out as gay. Nowadays who cares what Philip Schofield’s sexuality is? I don’t care what he has for breakfast. I don’t care if he fancies blokes. Just get on with your life and be true to your feelings. It is no big deal anymore unless you choose to make it a big deal.

Celebrities making a big deal about coming out as gay. Nowadays who cares what Philip Schofield’s sexuality is? I don’t care what he has for breakfast. I don’t care if he fancies blokes. Just get on with your life and be true to your feelings. It is no big deal anymore unless you choose to make it a big deal.
It's a pretty big deal to his wife of 27 years and his children.

It's a pretty big deal to his wife of 27 years and his children.

Don’t you think that they knew long before he announced it to the nation? Do you think that it is worthy of a TV announcement? It is a matter for him and his family and friends. Is it really a matter of national interest?

I thought it was more of a female phenomenon, deciding you're gay after you've had your children, leaving a confused husband behind. Seen it a few times. I guess it must be a thing or the band Gay Dad wouldn't have had inspiration for the name.

That name caused them problems by the way and apparently was a contributing factor to the band's split.

I thought it was more of a female phenomenon, deciding you're gay after you've had your children, leaving a confused husband behind. Seen it a few times. I guess it must be a thing or the band Gay Dad wouldn't have had inspiration for the name.

That name caused them problems by the way and apparently was a contributing factor to the band's split.

As alluded to by Whelk, I don’t think it came as a major shock to the general public. I don’t understand why someone would feel the need to use their media platform to announce it to the world. The only people he needed to confide in are those close to him. If I was cynical I would think that he has done this now to deflect from the amount of negative press he has been getting recently over being an ar5e to work with. It’s a shame that we still haven’t moved on enough for him to feel that he has to make a public announcement about his sexuality. Or perhaps this says more about him and his ego than it does about society? We need to get a few gay footballers to come out and perhaps that will be the end of the issues and we can all go back to worrying about life after Brexit.

I guess he thinks people are interested in him. I don't even watch the show and if I do it's only to look at Holly and wonder what they put in her tea to keep her so happy all the time.

Perhaps Holly turned him gay! Now there's an angle.

I guess he thinks people are interested in him. I don't even watch the show and if I do it's only to look at Holly and wonder what they put in her tea to keep her so happy all the time.

:lol:

Maybe I have been unkind to him. If celebs coming out make it easier for others to accept their own sexuality then that’s a good thing. Looking forward to the day when people can be comfortable with their own sexuality without worrying how society will judge them.

Diane Abbot would turn me gay to be fair.

As alluded to by Whelk, I don’t think it came as a major shock to the general public. I don’t understand why someone would feel the need to use their media platform to announce it to the world. The only people he needed to confide in are those close to him. If I was cynical I would think that he has done this now to deflect from the amount of negative press he has been getting recently over being an ar5e to work with. It’s a shame that we still haven’t moved on enough for him to feel that he has to make a public announcement about his sexuality. Or perhaps this says more about him and his ego than it does about society? We need to get a few gay footballers to come out and perhaps that will be the end of the issues and we can all go back to worrying about life after Brexit.
Hold on are you suggesting it's societies fault that he decided to make this announcement of his own accord? How should it have worked do you think? Should he have just left his wife and shacked up with a man and never addressed it? Considering he is on TV almost daily don't you think that would have been a bit odd?

[emoji38]

Maybe I have been unkind to him. If celebs coming out make it easier for others to accept their own sexuality then that’s a good thing. Looking forward to the day when people can be comfortable with their own sexuality without worrying how society will judge them.

He's even said himself that society has progressed to a point that he feels able to be public about how he feels. To most normal people that would be a sign that society has improved but for those who for some reason like to view society as a hellhole, it's evidence apparently that society is terrible and homophobic.

My wife’s first mother in law left her husband for another woman when she was in her 60’s. They were a travelling family and he is a proper “bloke.” He took it well though, considering it must be awful enough to lose your wife to another man yet alone a woman. Still, apparently he is with another woman now and doing well. My wife keeps in touch with her ex mother in law and she is still happy with her partner. All’s well that ends well I guess.

I look forward to the day when people and the media don't make a big song and dance about someones sexuality, it's boring.

Don’t give a **** about Schofield, but this Jameela sort has announced that she is ‘queer’ after an anti-social media backlash over her presenting some sort of gay dance competition. She has a male boyfriend apparently, so I dunno wtf is going on.

Don’t think anyone is quite sure what ‘queer’ means in this scenario, although the implication is that it means ‘stop criticising me’. Lots of pan-gender he/she’s seem to have confused themselves with this, which is mildly amusing.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-51399416

Don’t give a **** about Schofield, but this Jameela sort has announced that she is ‘queer’ after an anti-social media backlash over her presenting some sort of gay dance competition. She has a male boyfriend apparently, so I dunno wtf is going on.

Don’t think anyone is quite sure what ‘queer’ means in this scenario, although the implication is that it means ‘stop criticising me’. Lots of pan-gender he/she’s seem to have confused themselves with this, which is mildly amusing.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-51399416

It's a bit like that lib dem mp who is pansexual. Seems people are just inventing words now to make themselves seem special.

It's a bit like that lib dem mp who is pansexual. Seems people are just inventing words now to make themselves seem special.

Pan means you literally don’t know what you are getting when you pull their pants down. Cos you haven’t thought in those terms

I guess we now know why he's been over-exposing himself on TV these past few years, squirrelling away as much dosh as he can before the s**t hit the fan. Couldn't care less where he likes to put his d**k , seems like a nice chap to me, must hurt his family though.

I guess we now know why he's been over-exposing himself on TV these past few years, squirrelling away as much dosh as he can before the s**t hit the fan. Couldn't care less where he likes to put his d**k , seems like a nice chap to me, must hurt his family though.

It won’t hurt his tv appeal. Times have changed

Since when has part of being a bisexual been about making a definitive decision about when you want c*ck or m*nge on any given day?

Tbh I think they thought being bisexual wasn’t interesting enough anymore so wanted something more mysterious.

Tbh I think they thought being bisexual wasn’t interesting enough anymore so wanted something more mysterious.
Yep that was my point. Just inventing things to make themselves stand out. The only other thing it could be is because bisexual is binary and they believe in the story about 5000 other genders.

I'm really not bothered about his sexuality, or anyone else's for that matter. It's entirely up to him. Surprised he's made such a big deal about it. "Man who works in TV is gay" isn't really a big shock these days. Was he in denial about it for many years? I always assumed he was anyway, just seemed to come over that way.

Would it be more politically correct and also a lot simpler to simply call heterosexual people ungay, rather than lots of names for all the different sexual permutations?

Why should homosexuals have a monopoly on being gay ? Can't heteros be happy as well ? After all, 'The child that is born on the Sabbath day is bonny and blithe, and good and gay'.

It made the national news earlier. It shared air time with a pandemic which has killed 600 people and is spreading across the planet. Good to see we have things in perspective.

You started a thread to discuss it.

Anything you want to share SOG?