Latest Telegraph Offering - RH Contract

Dusic

Meh it's Sam Wallace from the telegraph. He's just one of those journalists who writes about saints all the time but it's just made up in his head and invented stories. He's a fantasist.

Yep we should remember that none of this comes from the club so wont be true.

Suits our game. I’d be happy if he stays.

The real question is how we fund the new signings.

How every other club that doesn’t have to make a profit from transfers manages to scrape the money together every season perhaps? I’ll give you a club, there’s 19 of them in the premier league this season

and as time passes, wont happen

Yep been here before haven’t we. We’ll probably even up with Hojberg being sold, making long a really low offer and him going somewhere like Burnley, is selling Redmond or Ings as we had no choice honestly we didn’t and the clowns out on loan being loaned out again

As a simple bumpkin I am delighted by this story. Thanks to this article, my love for Gao is now unfaltering and I will continue to worship at the home-made shrine in my spare room, even if Ralph leaves and we appoint Steve Wigley.

Does anyone have Gao’s PayPal address, I wish to make a personal donation?

Yep been here before haven’t we. We’ll probably even up with Hojberg being sold, making long a really low offer and him going somewhere like Burnley, is selling Redmond or Ings as we had no choice honestly we didn’t and the clowns out on loan being loaned out again

oh, for the days of Les Reed overseeing the transfer policy.

When we refuse to pay him a penny more or stitch him up with a meagre budget a statement will be released that will look something like this.....;

"Southampton Football Club regret to announce that first-team manager Ralph Hassenhuttl will be leaving the club at the end the current Premier League season.

Both the club and Ralph mutually agree that a fresh start would be in the best interests of both parties.

The club would like to place on record their sincere thanks to Ralph and his team for the past two and a half seasons and wish them all the best for the future.

A further statement will be made in due course.

We March On."

When we refuse to pay him a penny more or stitch him up with a meagre budget a statement will be released that will look something like this.....;

"Southampton Football Club regret to announce that first-team manager Ralph Hassenhuttl will be leaving the club at the end the current Premier League season.

Both the club and Ralph mutually agree that a fresh start would be in the best interests of both parties.

The club would like to place on record their sincere thanks to Ralph and his team for the past two and a half seasons and wish them all the best for the future.

A further statement will be made in due course.

We March On."

Two and a half seasons?

We said that last summer!

I know. I think the problem was we thought we'd sell more than we did so had to improvise a bit.

We can probably shift a few more this summer, but will struggle to raise big, big money needed -- So can imagine a big sale (of somebody we'd like to keep) will have to happen.

No need to sell if we can reduce wages by getting rid of the 5 big ones out on loan and say 20 million from those 5 and that’s cheap in transfer fees is the equivalent of a 40 million cash injection which will be given to Ralph to spend along with the 30 million that was available in jan gives him a decent pot

No need to sell if we can reduce wages by getting rid of the 5 big ones out on loan and say 20 million from those 5 and that’s cheap in transfer fees is the equivalent of a 40 million cash injection which will be given to Ralph to spend along with the 30 million that was available in jan gives him a decent pot

Did we really have £30m to spend in January?

If Ralph does sign a new contract (& I would say the signs are good) it would be a great statement of intent and direction from the Board. It’s been said so many times but it doesn’t seem to sink in for some people...Gao will not invest, ever, because the model for the club is self-sustainability...we may as well forget him.

In terms of giving Ralph a war chest...why? He has said his intention is to maintain a very slim squad where key players get to play most matches. I think Bednarek and Stephens are our choice CB’s now...Vestergaard as backup and a couple of academy players to come through. Bertrand and KWP our fullbacks with Vokins as spare. Hojberg and Romeu might stay or go, but JWP and Armstrong will remain in midfield with a youngster coming through from the academy. Redmond, Djenepo and possibly Boufal plus an academy player in midfield, Ings and Long up top with Adams and Obefemi as understudies.

Not much else needed arguably and the real issue is off-loading the dross on loan. I don’t think we’ll see more than one or two new players introduced to the squad in the summer...in terms of Ralph’s philosophy there’s no need.

If Ralph does sign a new contract (& I would say the signs are good) it would be a great statement of intent and direction from the Board. It’s been said so many times but it doesn’t seem to sink in for some people...Gao will not invest, ever, because the model for the club is self-sustainability...we may as well forget him.

In terms of giving Ralph a war chest...why? He has said his intention is to maintain a very slim squad where key players get to play most matches. I think Bednarek and Stephens are our choice CB’s now...Vestergaard as backup and a couple of academy players to come through. Bertrand and KWP our fullbacks with Vokins as spare. Hojberg and Romeu might stay or go, but JWP and Armstrong will remain in midfield with a youngster coming through from the academy. Redmond, Djenepo and possibly Boufal plus an academy player in midfield, Ings and Long up top with Adams and Obefemi as understudies.

Not much else needed arguably and the real issue is off-loading the dross on loan. I don’t think we’ll see more than one or two new players introduced to the squad in the summer...in terms of Ralph’s philosophy there’s no need.

In principle I think you're right. A few on here focus on what they want as fans, ie signing loads of expensive but crap players cos other clubs do, whereas our manager appears not to want that (ie his last actual quote before the window shut was that he was OK with our defence options, albeit an injured Cedric was swapped out for KWP), so I'm not in the "poor Ralph, never gets support" camp. My guess is that he'll want a bit longer to showcase himself a bit more, and wait until a job he wants comes available. That said, I would be staggered if we ended up with a squad as threadbare as you suggest. We'd have no chance with such low numbers, and JWP and Armstrong as our main midfield pairing wouldn't be good enough. If his squad is that bare I wouldn't blame him if he walked.

Hojberg and Romeu might stay or go, but JWP and Armstrong will remain in midfield with a youngster coming through from the academy. Redmond, Djenepo and possibly Boufal plus an academy player in midfield, Ings and Long up top with Adams and Obefemi as understudies.

You're putting an awful lot of faith in these vague academy players that are about to be Premier League ready fresh out of the oven.

I haven't seen any midfielders in the u23s who look anywhere near good enough to step up. Not even close. Harry Reed and Jake Hesketh are still miles ahead of the current batch - and they're not good enough either.

I wish we had more coming through, but the days of Saints' academy being the envy of clubs around the country seem (hopefully temporarily) a thing of the distant past. Perhaps with Les Reed and Martin Hunter out of the way and Matt Crocker's return we can start to raise the standards again, but it'll be a long while until the first team sees the benefits.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

You're putting an awful lot of faith in these vague academy players that are about to be Premier League ready fresh out of the oven.

I haven't seen any midfielders in the u23s who look anywhere near good enough to step up. Not even close. Harry Reed and Jake Hesketh are still miles ahead of the current batch - and they're not good enough either.

I wish we had more coming through, but the days of Saints' academy being the envy of clubs around the country seem (hopefully temporarily) a thing of the distant past. Perhaps with Les Reed and Martin Hunter out of the way and Matt Crocker's return we can start to raise the standards again, but it'll be a long while until the first team sees the benefits.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Agree. I think with Crocker coming in things in the Academy will change for the better. It will take time but that appears to be the intention.

Where has this £30m available in January come from?

In principle I think you're right. A few on here focus on what they want as fans, ie signing loads of expensive but crap players cos other clubs do, whereas our manager appears not to want that (ie his last actual quote before the window shut was that he was OK with our defence options, albeit an injured Cedric was swapped out for KWP), so I'm not in the "poor Ralph, never gets support" camp. My guess is that he'll want a bit longer to showcase himself a bit more, and wait until a job he wants comes available. That said, I would be staggered if we ended up with a squad as threadbare as you suggest. We'd have no chance with such low numbers, and JWP and Armstrong as our main midfield pairing wouldn't be good enough. If his squad is that bare I wouldn't blame him if he walked.

I’ve not seen a single person say they want us to sign loads of expensive crap players because everyone else does. What I have seen is fans rightly question why is it we have to sell to buy when no other club does.

I’ve not seen a single person say they want us to sign loads of expensive crap players because everyone else does. What I have seen is fans rightly question why is it we have to sell to buy when no other club does.

Every club has to sell to buy. PL clubs are restricted to 25 players over 21 years old. You can't keep buying without selling/loaning players out.