RH contract thread - why is it 'closed'?

Crab Lungs

They use the telegraph for all sorts of things. As per a previous post I made the telegraph broke the Hassenhuttl news, some signings before any other outlet. They've also done appeasement style good news stories after heavy defeats or key players sold. My point has always been the telegraph is obviously the clubs mouth piece. Whereas you don't seem to agree as per this post

"Jeez. For the last time. An article in the telegraph is not a press release. Has it occurred to you that when a telegraph article does not bear fruit it's because it's an inaccurate newspaper article rather than something that's "meant" to be happening? "

Now you answer my point, why are we taking this article as gospel when it could yet another example of an inaccurate newspaper article rather than something that's "meant" to happen?

I've said many times that I acknowledge that the club use the media as part of it's pr machine! You don't have to keep asking mate. I've also said several times that I have no opinion on why a journalist published a particular article re our finances. To clear up your other non point, I have no doubt that journalists get things wrong.

You, however, have swerved my point a few times now about why you say that the club will apparently use the telegraph to peddle transfer lies mid season. You and I know that you can't answer because your point is a daft one.

I don't mind debate mate but you're not debating, you're repeating a question that's been answered and ignoring a question which challenges your point. By all means have the last word, but I'll leave it there cos other posters will be as bored reading my attempt to debate with you as I am trying to.

I've said many times that I acknowledge that the club use the media as part of it's pr machine! You don't have to keep asking mate. I've also said several times that I have no opinion on why a journalist published a particular article re our finances. To clear up your other non point, I have no doubt that journalists get things wrong.

You, however, have swerved my point a few times now about why you say that the club will apparently use the telegraph to peddle transfer lies mid season. You and I know that you can't answer because your point is a daft one.

I don't mind debate mate but you're not debating, you're repeating a question that's been answered and ignoring a question which challenges your point. By all means have the last word, but I'll leave it there cos other posters will be as bored reading my attempt to debate with you as I am trying to.

For such a daft point you haven't half gone on about it!!

My position is quite clear, I have said for a long time that the telegraph is saints mouth piece, you've said they aren't and that when things said in there don't come true it's because of their inaccuracy. Not really sure why you're asking me to clarify something which I've said is the case when you've been the one disputing it! Maybe you missed the sarcasm in my post on this thread where I said everything they post is made up lies and don't come from the club!!!!

Can see this from both sides to be honest -

Club wants to be "sustainable" but currently our wage/revenue ratios are too high, meaning that we don't have the disposable revenue for player purchases. Without building debt

Total revenue just now is c£155 million each year. Our wage bill however is a reported £115m or 75% of turnover. That leaves just c£30-40m each season for all other running costs. Tax, loan repayments, agent fees, sacking managers, stadium repairs, upkeep, training ground expenses ect ect ect

When you compare our wage/revenue ratios with other clubs you can see why we cant spend BIG without building debt. Newcastle 53% wage to revenue ratio, Burnley 59%, Brighton 56%, Spurs 39%, WHU 60%

The only clubs with a similar sized income and wage bill is Bournemouth and Everton. They have both spent money on players but have built large debts to owners in the process.

We have had more opportunities than most to build a decent squad sustainably - player sales have exceeded £300m in recent seasons and most of this has been spent on players. Problem is we have wasted so much on **** players like Carillo, Hoedt, Lemina, Vesty, Moi + 3 sacked managers

In the absence of Gao spending his money (building club debt) We urgently need to sell some of the crap that Les bought in, reduce our wage bill in process and then reinvest again. Just need to improve our player purchase success rate + kick start that youth conveyor belt again.

Club wants to be "sustainable" but currently our wage/revenue ratios are too high, meaning that we don't have the disposable revenue for player purchases. Without building debt

Total revenue just now is c£155 million each year. Our wage bill however is a reported £115m or 75% of turnover. That leaves just c£30-40m each season for all other running costs. Tax, loan repayments, agent fees, sacking managers, stadium repairs, upkeep, training ground expenses ect ect ect

When you compare our wage/revenue ratios with other clubs you can see why we cant spend BIG without building debt. Newcastle 53% wage to revenue ratio, Burnley 59%, Brighton 56%, Spurs 39%, WHU 60%

The only clubs with a similar sized income and wage bill is Bournemouth and Everton. They have both spent money on players but have built large debts to owners in the process.

We have had more opportunities than most to build a decent squad sustainably - player sales have exceeded £300m in recent seasons and most of this has been spent on players. Problem is we have wasted so much on **** players like Carillo, Hoedt, Lemina, Vesty, Moi + 3 sacked managers

In the absence of Gao spending his money (building club debt) We urgently need to sell some of the crap that Les bought in, reduce our wage bill in process and then reinvest again. Just need to improve our player purchase success rate + kick start that youth conveyor belt again.

do you sit there and look all this up?

Clue: Most Saintsweb threads end up in this state, courtesy of the usual suspects... ;)

Some posters on here are very much like remainers. If they don't get their way or their view gets challenged they scream, shout, get angry and call you names like a troll rather than sensibly address any of the issues raised. Then there are others ones that loudly complain how terrible this forum has become because of a small amount of people who everyone hates and no one disagrees with, some even threaten to leave the forum and move to another one yet never do. Yet there are a large majority of posters who carry on posting and enjoy this forum every day and realise how good they have got it, the quiet majority it's called who if they had to vote on their favourite posters we all know who it'd be. They choose to go about their business quietly though not making a scene if something gets said they don't like or agree with.

This seems like a very measured post.