Yellow & Blue Striped Away Shirt!

niceandfriendly

I'm hoping we have an away kit that has no yellow whatsoever on it so our fans don't just shout yellows every ten minutes at away games and think that constitutes atmosphere. Although i guess that'll just mean all they do is sing oh when the saints, over, and over, and over, and over instead.

I'm hoping we have an away kit that has no yellow whatsoever on it so our fans don't just shout yellows every ten minutes at away games and think that constitutes atmosphere. Although i guess that'll just mean all they do is sing oh when the saints, over, and over, and over, and over instead.

I know, god! Saints fans supporting the team arrrghhh when will it stop?

I know, god! Saints fans supporting the team arrrghhh when will it stop?

Nothing wrong with supporting the side but it's f*cking dull when it's literally just yellows, followed by OWTS, followed by yellows, followed by OWTS. I swear our support wasn't this bad in the past, we've gained numbers but lost any semblance of originality.

Nothing wrong with supporting the side but it's f*cking dull when it's literally just yellows, followed by OWTS, followed by yellows, followed by OWTS. I swear our support wasn't this bad in the past, we've gained numbers but lost any semblance of originality.

Have we ever had any originality - nearly all our songs have been nicked off another club and we've just changed the lyrics!

Have we ever had any originality - nearly all our songs have been nicked off another club and we've just changed the lyrics!

That’s true, it does seem like we only sing songs other clubs have first. But we definitely used to sing more than just two. We’re basically just Norwich away from home these days b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. Yellow is the next worst colour to pink. Gold wouldn't be so bad.

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

think you’ll find the same for all clubs.

we have tried starting original songs (not original music tbf, but we’re Harding Webber or Rice, more SAW) but they don’t take off except Danny Ings. Woolston Ferry, a great Jack Stephens song, even the Redmond song doesn’t really get going (probably cause he is mainly playing on the left now).

its a waste of time and so we stick to yellows, OWTS and Fathers gun, it’s all a bit stale.

That’s true, it does seem like we only sing songs other clubs have first. But we definitely used to sing more than just two. We’re basically just Norwich away from home these days b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole of the Dell, rocking to 'One man went to mow'....

More surprising is that the club are selling this yellow kit ( I thought it was earlier than 91-93).

https://store.saintsfc.co.uk/Product/ProductItem?id=0000-17546

Recollection was that we only wore this about twice and it wasn't sold at the time.

Could possibly be why they're selling it. They may have got wind that there aren't many about and there's a demand. Not for me personally.

Edited by niceandfriendly

When we lost the play off second leg at Derby a few years ago, the whole away support stood for the entire match just shouting Yellow... Yellow.. Yellow, throughout the match.

Unfortunately my ticket was slap bang in the middle of that lot so I ended up deafened, knackered and in the trudge back to the car got soaked. Every time they shout Yellow the agony of that day comes flood back.

And neither song mentions "Pompey".

It's sickening.

think you’ll find the same for all clubs.

we have tried starting original songs (not original music tbf, but we’re Harding Webber or Rice, more SAW) but they don’t take off except Danny Ings. Woolston Ferry, a great Jack Stephens song, even the Redmond song doesn’t really get going (probably cause he is mainly playing on the left now).

its a waste of time and so we stick to yellows, OWTS and Fathers gun, it’s all a bit stale.

What was the Jack Stephens song?

And neither song mentions "Pompey".

It's sickening.

Why would it need to mention them? The constant references to the blue few are just as embarrassing.

What i don't get is why we don't have songs that reference our city, we support Saints because we're proud to come from Southampton after all, or the legends of the past, not just Le Tiss, but Paine, Davies, Channon etc. Other clubs do, but we don't seem to do that.

Or maybe just even have some new songs about our current players (not to the tune of seven nations army would be nice)

When we lost the play off second leg at Derby a few years ago, the whole away support stood for the entire match just shouting Yellow... Yellow.. Yellow, throughout the match.

Unfortunately my ticket was slap bang in the middle of that lot so I ended up deafened, knackered and in the trudge back to the car got soaked. Every time they shout Yellow the agony of that day comes flood back.

A great away day. Despite the heartbreak, despite the moronic Derby fans, despite the heavens opening on the walk to the car, what an amazing day, atmosphere and away following. Yelllllloooowwwwwsss

What was the Jack Stephens song?

Why would it need to mention them? The constant references to the blue few are just as embarrassing.

What i don't get is why we don't have songs that reference our city, we support Saints because we're proud to come from Southampton after all, or the legends of the past, not just Le Tiss, but Paine, Davies, Channon etc. Other clubs do, but we don't seem to do that.

Or maybe just even have some new songs about our current players (not to the tune of seven nations army would be nice)

Our Jack Stephens, he's ****ing scum

He'll **** your girlfriend

Then he'll **** your mum

Our Jack Stephens,

He's going to **** you up to

To the tune Cant Take my Eyes off of you, The I Love you baby chorus bit

Its great, but not taking off. Shame.

Then he'll **** your mum

Our Jack Stephens,

To be fair that's f*cking hilarious but i can see why it wouldn't take off, think a lot of our fans probably want something a bit "nicer"

I had that kit Badger, so it was sold.

I remember it being worn in a 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace, can’t think of another game.

Okay, stand corrected on that.

Thought it was worn at Arsenal away, although no reason why we couldn't have worn the blue one.

Then he'll **** your mum

Our Jack Stephens,

No real surprise it's not caught on given the majority of our fan base, and the lyrics to this song.

It's funny as f*ck to be fair

Hmm. It is another rip off from United I think when they sang about Owen Hardgreaves having curly hair. Hilarious.

I personally used to love the repetitive singing of the mangers name combined with red army. Sometimes back at the Dell it used to go on for an entire half. Various parts of the ground keeping it going when some started flagging. The injection of singing used to keep the momentum up. Must have sounded awesome to the players. A proper din.

Get yourself an original retro shirt & cheaper too :)

Southampton Football Club Shirt Jersey 1999 - 2000 Navy Blue Away Large

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164084418961?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Southampton Football Shirt 2002 - 2003 Yellow Away Large

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164084416202?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Southampton Football Club Shirt Jersey 2001 - 2002 Black Large

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164084409626?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Southampton Football Club shirt 2011 -2012 Away Yellow Large

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164084407972?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Southampton Football Club shirt 2006 -2008 Home Large

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164084406734?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Southampton Football Club shirt 2003 -2005 Home Large

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164084405481?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Southampton Football Club shirt 2004 -2006 Away Yellow Large

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164084404006?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649