Hasenhüttl’s death-or-glory rejig revives Southampton’s menace

SuperSAINT

Interesting but not particularly ground breaking and another chance to roll out the 0-9 story (yawn).

What's this about 9-0?

I get quite a positive impression from what many journalists say and write about Saints. Its certainly makes a nice change from the repetitive coverage of the usual suspects. My impression is that the club has quite a good following amongst London journalist and MotD pundits. They must get as bored as the rest of us with the same three or four clubs. So let's not complain when a paper such as The Guardian gives Saints some decent coverage.

Good, positive article. I feared that Ralph had lost the dressing room at the time of the 9-0 and had to go. The way he, and the players, have turned it around is remarkable.

What I love about Ralph is the acknowledgement that he got it wrong, that he wasn't blaming others (the Redknapp syndrome) but instead took steps to change what he was doing wrong. They're rare qualities in the ego driven world of football.

Interesting but not particularly ground breaking and another chance to roll out the 0-9 story (yawn).

And why not? How would you write an article about what's happened to us since the 0-9 without mentioning the record-breaking and uniquely humiliating 0-9? It's a decent positive article about the Saints and Ralph. If you think the Guardian has an some kind of agenda to keep rubbing out noses in it I think you're wrong.

The time is coming when we should play "9 nil bingo".How quickly in any Saints commentary will it be until the commentator mentions the 9 nil?

Who knows , perhaps one day Saints will get mentioned without reference to 9 nil.

Didn't hear the 9 nil mentioned on MOTD on our commentary .... but it got mentionef even before kick off on the MOTD commentary of Wolves v Leicester.