Man City Banned from Champions League

Lighthouse

Richly deserved punishment I’m sure. The beauty of it is it cements Guardiola’s exit at the end of the season and condemns them to a number of years in the doldrums.

Furthermore it will hamstring their recruitment and retention of world-class players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering how deep this cheating goes. What other clubs are involved. Hard enough for teams like Saints without theses rich powerhouses tipping the scaled even further by cooking the books.

Different sport, but look at how Saracens tried to get round the Rugby Premiership salary cap. I'm sure there are plenty of clever and 'creative' accountants and agents out there creaming off a percentage for finding loopholes and backdoors.

Of course city will appeal to the CAIS. I’m not sure what powers they have to overturn the punishment but assuming they do I suppose they might hope to get it down to a year’s ban rather than two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will almost certainly have their punishment suspended pending the outcome of the appeal. Reasonably sure City will still play in Europe next season.

Guessing it'll just mean one fewer place for English teams?

Would be great if it did mean 5th gets CL and 8th can be europe next season. No reason at all we can't be aiming for 7th/8th next year. Some might not like Europa league but I'd love to see us back in it with some decent trips. Still amazed we beat Inter not long after playing teams like Dagenham.

I'd be surprised if UEFA did that. England is its biggest market financially, denying a spot would be shooting itself in the foot. The issue here is the club not the league

I'd be surprised if UEFA did that. England is its biggest market financially, denying a spot would be shooting itself in the foot. The issue here is the club not the league

UEFA were/are sh1tting themselves about a breakaway league hence why the coefficient will never stop us having 4 sides in the CL.

Well one club will probably be keen to breakaway from UEFA now.

Brilliant - nice to see UEFA having a backbone on this, if they could just show that sort of force with racism it would be great.

Guess Poch will have his pick of the Manchester clubs at the end of the season then as Pep will go, unless United push the panic button early and get rid of Ole.

Brilliant - nice to see UEFA having a backbone on this, if they could just show that sort of force with racism it would be great.

Guess Poch will have his pick of the Manchester clubs at the end of the season then as Pep will go, unless United push the panic button early and get rid of Ole.

Backbone is one thing UEFA don't have. This whole thing stinks, punishing a club for breaking rules brought in to protect the elite club cartel. If UEFA did have a backbone they would bring the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern back down to earth, it's these cünts that are to blame for the state football is in. This ruling is nothing to celebrate, FFP was designed to stop clubs like us from ever challenging at the top, utterly corrupt.

How the fck PSG haven’t been done as well as City beggars belief? Exactly the same issue and they don’t have the PL money to offset £300 odd on Neymar and Mbappe alone.

All corrupt and UEFA are as bad as any.

Now the scousers making a big deal of it from their self righteous bs about being a proper club with history who have got success the honourable way.

Guessing it'll just mean one fewer place for English teams?

Would be great if it did mean 5th gets CL and 8th can be europe next season. No reason at all we can't be aiming for 7th/8th next year. Some might not like Europa league but I'd love to see us back in it with some decent trips. Still amazed we beat Inter not long after playing teams like Dagenham.

That would be punishing the English League for one club, we'll still get 4 places I'd imagine and it'll just drop a place.

Whether it would be this season though is doubtful, it'll probably get suspended whilst the appeal goes on.

I'am also not really sure we should be celebrating this, its basically punishing Man City for breaking into the big boys club and upsetting the regulars, that is what FFP basically does, it doesn't make league fairer or more competitive, it keeps the rich elite big clubs from being challenged by a smaller club with outside investment.

It's basically designed to stop a Blackburn, Chelsea or Man City happening again, so that the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve etc. get to hoover up all the money and global fans, can't have any upstarts backed by money rocking the exclusive boat.

This also pretty much guarantees Liverpool the title for the next 2/3 years at least, the only club capable of challenging them is Man City, and this will hamstring their ability to do that.

Wondering how deep this cheating goes. What other clubs are involved. Hard enough for teams like Saints without theses rich powerhouses tipping the scaled even further by cooking the books.
I'm very suspicious about United despite their global fanbase. They have spunked a lot of money away without any champions League income...a

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

ManU is all about USA business school management. You buy company with massive borrowing, you put numerous members of your family on the board with massive salaries.

The “club” pay massive interest on debt , then you do global commercial bit then you try to buy a few players to keep it all in play, worst case scenario is you sell it for billions and retire very rich .