March 22nd vs Arsenal

Justin Cider

• 3 weeks later...
So we will have a 3 week break between Norwich and Watford - albeit 1 of these weeks is due to the international break.

It shows how the official "mid season break" (10 days for us) was really a farce.

Exactly, for most of our squad who don’t get called up for internationals this will be a 3 week break, no excuse for burn out at the end of the season.

Arsenal also need to rearrange their game v Man City due to be played last weekend, our game will probably be midweek late April

I actually contacted the club after I posted the original question and was told that should Arsenal beat that lot then the game scheduled for the 22nd will definitely be on the 25th March (Wednesday) and for those that bought tickets for the game on the 22nd and can’t make the 25th will be refunded in full

I actually contacted the club after I posted the original question and was told that should Arsenal beat that lot then the game scheduled for the 22nd will definitely be on the 25th March (Wednesday) and for those that bought tickets for the game on the 22nd and can’t make the 25th will be refunded in full

Isn't that international week?

Nope, international squads meet up 23rd March, England play Italy 27th March.

There are two midweeks that have no European football w/c 20 Apr & w/c 11 May and these tend to be the first point of call.

However, Arsenal along with Man City, Aston Villa, Sheffield United face the prospect of having 3 games to be re-arranged (EFL final, FA Cup QF & SF). As we are an opponent out of Cups, Europe etc we are probably the most convenient to schedule the game on a European night. That makes predicting when it'll be played a bit tricky but I don't think there'll be any announcements until the FA Cup Semi Finalists & European Quarter Finalists are known.

There are two midweeks that have no European football w/c 20 Apr & w/c 11 May and these tend to be the first point of call.

However, Arsenal along with Man City, Aston Villa, Sheffield United face the prospect of having 3 games to be re-arranged (EFL final, FA Cup QF & SF). As we are an opponent out of Cups, Europe etc we are probably the most convenient to schedule the game on a European night. That makes predicting when it'll be played a bit tricky but I don't think there'll be any announcements until the FA Cup Semi Finalists & European Quarter Finalists are known.

But another factor is that the game was originally scheduled for TV, so will still be shown whenever rearranged. That makes a Euro night very unlikely. UEFA might tolerate a game on a European night, but not a televised one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

But another factor is that the game was originally scheduled for TV, so will still be shown whenever rearranged. That makes a Euro night very unlikely. UEFA might tolerate a game on a European night, but not a televised one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Man City v West Ham was rearranged for a European night and shown on sky recently wasn’t it?

Agree it’s unusual but could happen.

Man City v West Ham was rearranged for a European night and shown on sky recently wasn’t it?

Agree it’s unusual but could happen.

Man City v Arsenal rearranged for 11 Mar, clearly on the basis that Man C could have ended up with a fixture pile up.

I’d expect our game v Arsenal to be on one of the two non Euro weeks after the international break. Which one of the two will be largely down to tv scheduling, Sky can drop the game for another in these circumstances.