Relegation battle

SKD

I’m sure I’ll be jumped on by certain people and accused of trolling again but apart from our little purple patch between mid November and January we’ve been sh1t this season. We’ll survive because we’ve got a good manager and we’ll manage to pick up another 4 or 5 points from our last 9 games but the reality is it’s the largely same players that have been sh1te under for years under Pellegrino and Hughes as well. Two permanent signings in three transfer windows is p1ss poor. Yet dare to mention it on here and you get told you’re trying to wind people up, trolling, being negative to the club etc.

I'm not trying to troll, wind anybody up or be negative towards the club. I'm just sick of this ****. We were rescued by Marcus and looked to be heading in the right direction so how the hell have we ended up back in this position again? We've built nothing and now the club is up for sale again. I'm just tired of watching gutless performances against average teams and looking at the fixtures and thinking, we'll get nothing today, next week or the week after.

Saints back in to 28/1 from 50s a couple of games ago. Newcastle 18/1 and they have 35 points currently.

We would have to go some to go down but feel the Norwich and Watford games are big. Were we to lose those two then it would get pretty tense as we have some tough games to follow.

Such a poor run to lose to Newcastle, Wedt Ham and Burnley. Even two points from those would have us in a position of not really bothering to look down.

For now we still need those teams below us to keep losing to be totally comfortable.

West Ham have a nice little run coming up soon and I think they will get themselves safe by the end. Villa look woeful and along with Bmth have tough games, but Saints seem to do better in those so I wouldn't rule out some unexpected results before the end of the season, especially if some of the bigger teams focus on Europe.

Saints back in to 28/1 from 50s a couple of games ago. Newcastle 18/1 and they have 35 points currently.

We would have to go some to go down but feel the Norwich and Watford games are big. Were we to lose those two then it would get pretty tense as we have some tough games to follow.

Such a poor run to lose to Newcastle, Wedt Ham and Burnley. Even two points from those would have us in a position of not really bothering to look down.

For now we still need those teams below us to keep losing to be totally comfortable.

West Ham have a nice little run coming up soon and I think they will get themselves safe by the end. Villa look woeful and along with Bmth have tough games, but Saints seem to do better in those so I wouldn't rule out some unexpected results before the end of the season, especially if some of the bigger teams focus on Europe.

We were 80/1 at Betfred this afternoon. Not bad value for a technical aspect.

That is clearly nonsense. You can't have relegation form for "the vast majority" of the season and have 34 points from 29 games.

Of course you can. In our little golden period we took 21 point from 10 games, we’ve taken 13 from the other 19. Even with a win Saturday we would have only taken 16 points from the other 20 games, 30 over a season, a relegation tally. so for 2/3s of the season we’ve been in relegation form.

250?cb=20171212135714

That is clearly nonsense. You can't have relegation form for "the vast majority" of the season and have 34 points from 29 games.

take out our 16 or so points over Christmas and the new year then I would say we have been showing relegation form for most Of the season

Of course you can. In our little golden period we took 21 point from 10 games, we’ve taken 13 from the other 19. Even with a win Saturday we would have only taken 16 points from the other 20 games, 30 over a season, a relegation tally. so for 2/3s of the season we’ve been in relegation form.

250?cb=20171212135714

The vast majority would imply about 90% to be fair, not 66%.

Oh dear Turkish. The English language confusing you yet again :mcinnes:
Not really. In a eight and a half/nine month season weve basically had one month or so not in relegation form. Enough to keep us up but the vast majority of the season we've been dreadful.

https://dictionary.reverso.net/english-definition/vast+majority

unusually large in size, extent, degree, or number; immense

7 out of 9 months or 66% of games

at the end of the day, it's subjective.

i think for the majority of the season, it has been relegation form, be hard pressed to say 'vast majority'.

But thats my subjective opinion, which is neither right or wrong.

at the end of the day, it's subjective.

i think for the majority of the season, it has been relegation form, be hard pressed to say 'vast majority'.

But thats my subjective opinion, which is neither right or wrong.

Correct. Which is why MLG is wrong when he said "it's clearly nonsense" we've been in relegation form for the majority of the season, that's a fact, "vast majority" subjective, either way it isn't "clearly nonsense"